Metroid: Other M death (1 Viewer)

N

Neo

DSMAN3717 posted a video of Samus' death animation earlier today. This is not my video.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjaryona

Potential Patron
I love it. Just damn love it. I hope someone would be making a lot of these!

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
Meh, wny even put her into power armor. The games char is obiously and fundamentally sexed up, it's a shame they even bother with the whole super warrior story. Take for example Bayonetta, that games was blatantly sexual, it sucked and it didnt give a damn. In abstract, I think Samus should be always running around in Zero suit or skinny bikinis. :)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I've always been uncomfortable about seeing Samus or other childhood characters in ryona. It's a little disturbing to be reminded of it everytime you think about your past.

Edit: Samus isn't really about being sexualized. In the first game, it was a surprise that she was a woman.

Mardion

Potential Patron
The games char is obiously and fundamentally sexed up
Samus is one of the few characters that are obviously and fundamentally NOT sexed up, and IMO it's good that characters like her still exist. As BL said above, it was a great surprise to all when she was revealed to be a woman back in the day. With all the scantily-clothed women in videogames these days, it's refreshing to see that Samus is still treated as a human being who happens to be female, and I'd much rather it stayed that way.

KebloGoblin

Ryonani Teamster
Weren't you rewarded for beating the original Metroid game faster by images of Samus in less and less clothes?
The wanking fodder aspect's always been there.

ninjaryona

Potential Patron
Well at least she's still giving that tease. Though yeah I wish there was more options of seeing her beaten without the suit. Come on Team Ninja, you specialize in this kind of stuff right?

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Well at least she's still giving that tease. Though yeah I wish there was more options of seeing her beaten without the suit. Come on Team Ninja, you specialize in this kind of stuff right?

Exactly! I had such high hopes when I heard that Team Ninja would be making the game...I figured cheesecake was almost guaranteed. There HAS to be a code to play in just the Zero Suit, right? I bought the game, it hasn't arrived yet, but I haven't read anywhere that it's possible to go either cheat or earn the option to play in just the Zero Suit. Very, very disappointing, and the Wii doesn't get real DLC, so it's not coming in the future either.

Samus is a sex-appeal character. We aren't nine anymore, (the age I was when the first Metroid came out), I think we can deal with Samus having a figure. And if you're shocked by anything in Other M, you obviously didn't pay any attention to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Scroll through this images website, and look at what 50%+ of the images are about: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/tag/zero suit samus

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I certainly realize that she is attractive, but it's like realizing for the first time how attractive your mother is. Samus still gives me that awkward feeling. I'll probably get over it with time, but still...

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on the sexual aspect. I really don't see a practical use of an extremely tight suit with a push-up bra in a combat type situation (besides from distracting the enemies - well, just proves my point:D), with every second cutscene pointing to her ass/tits. Of course the narrative goes along with the sexualization nicely (she has to be comfortable under the armour or smthn), but we're wiser than that arent we. What my point was (and was a bit clumsy at expressing it), is that it wants to be subtly sexual (like saying "I'm not trying to be sexy, it's just a coindence"). That's where the comparison with Bayonetta comes in: it was blatantly and expressively sexed up and it didnt give a damn. :)

sorry for still buggin with this, but it had to be said. On with the topic at hand. :)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I can't believe there's some actual Samus ryona now. I played Metroid as a kid too, but I guess since you never really saw her face or any semblance of femininity in her form (besides in the brief endings) it's hard for me to connect Samus of this new game to the old ones. You might as well just see them as different characters entirely.

A

apard7

that IT was a women because back then no one knew intill well i dunno wht im talking bout XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.