1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid: Other M death

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Neo, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Neo

Neo Guest

DSMAN3717 posted a video of Samus' death animation earlier today. This is not my video.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  2. ninjaryona

ninjaryona Avid Affiliate

I love it. Just damn love it. I hope someone would be making a lot of these!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  3. Wired4Weird

Wired4Weird Potential Patron

Meh, wny even put her into power armor. The games char is obiously and fundamentally sexed up, it's a shame they even bother with the whole super warrior story. Take for example Bayonetta, that games was blatantly sexual, it sucked and it didnt give a damn. In abstract, I think Samus should be always running around in Zero suit or skinny bikinis. :)

4. Black Lion

Black Lion Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

I've always been uncomfortable about seeing Samus or other childhood characters in ryona. It's a little disturbing to be reminded of it everytime you think about your past.

Edit: Samus isn't really about being sexualized. In the first game, it was a surprise that she was a woman.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  5. Mardion

Mardion Swell Supporter

Samus is one of the few characters that are obviously and fundamentally NOT sexed up, and IMO it's good that characters like her still exist. As BL said above, it was a great surprise to all when she was revealed to be a woman back in the day. With all the scantily-clothed women in videogames these days, it's refreshing to see that Samus is still treated as a human being who happens to be female, and I'd much rather it stayed that way.

6. KebloGoblin

KebloGoblin Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

Weren't you rewarded for beating the original Metroid game faster by images of Samus in less and less clothes?
    The wanking fodder aspect's always been there.

7. ninjaryona

Well at least she's still giving that tease. Though yeah I wish there was more options of seeing her beaten without the suit. Come on Team Ninja, you specialize in this kind of stuff right?

8. ajstevus

ajstevus Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Exactly! I had such high hopes when I heard that Team Ninja would be making the game...I figured cheesecake was almost guaranteed. There HAS to be a code to play in just the Zero Suit, right? I bought the game, it hasn't arrived yet, but I haven't read anywhere that it's possible to go either cheat or earn the option to play in just the Zero Suit. Very, very disappointing, and the Wii doesn't get real DLC, so it's not coming in the future either.

Samus is a sex-appeal character. We aren't nine anymore, (the age I was when the first Metroid came out), I think we can deal with Samus having a figure. And if you're shocked by anything in Other M, you obviously didn't pay any attention to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Scroll through this images website, and look at what 50%+ of the images are about: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/tag/zero suit samus

9. archangel

archangel Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

just found this go up

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  10. ajstevus

ajstevus Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Man, I was literally just about to post that myself. You beat me by seconds! :)

11. archangel

archangel Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

i like how the one with the fish is the same from ninja gaiden

this isnt all of the grabs either

12. Black Lion

Black Lion Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

I certainly realize that she is attractive, but it's like realizing for the first time how attractive your mother is. Samus still gives me that awkward feeling. I'll probably get over it with time, but still...

13. Wired4Weird

Wired4Weird Potential Patron

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on the sexual aspect. I really don't see a practical use of an extremely tight suit with a push-up bra in a combat type situation (besides from distracting the enemies - well, just proves my point:D), with every second cutscene pointing to her ass/tits. Of course the narrative goes along with the sexualization nicely (she has to be comfortable under the armour or smthn), but we're wiser than that arent we. What my point was (and was a bit clumsy at expressing it), is that it wants to be subtly sexual (like saying "I'm not trying to be sexy, it's just a coindence"). That's where the comparison with Bayonetta comes in: it was blatantly and expressively sexed up and it didnt give a damn. :)

sorry for still buggin with this, but it had to be said. On with the topic at hand. :)

14. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

I can't believe there's some actual Samus ryona now. I played Metroid as a kid too, but I guess since you never really saw her face or any semblance of femininity in her form (besides in the brief endings) it's hard for me to connect Samus of this new game to the old ones. You might as well just see them as different characters entirely.

15. fedefyr

fedefyr Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

They're missing some...i think the metroids are missing, last boss, and metroid queen :/

16. mrionay

mrionay Potential Patron

that last metroid should have drained her energy while samus was in her zero suit

17. apard7

apard7 Guest

that IT was a women because back then no one knew intill well i dunno wht im talking bout XD

18. ninjaryona

So much happy in my pants right now.

19. asphyxia1

asphyxia1 Vivacious Visitor Ryonani Teamster

The final part was delicious

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  20. ninjaryona

Yes. I really love girls in tight catsuits.