1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medli Hair Request [The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker]

Discussion in 'SDT Requests' started by UrMum12345, Jul 9, 2016.

1. UrMum12345

UrMum12345 Vivacious Visitor Content Creator

Okay, so this is a bit of an odd request.

It has a bit of a backstory, so if you care about that, here it is :)
    For a while now, I have had wanted to request Medli from The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker to be added to SDT. Unfortunately, I have searched for hours, and am yet to find any semi-suitable reference images to use. Any images have had the wrong angle, have not been in the right art style, or just have had odd hair styles. At a point, I just decided that it would be a better use of time to attempt to make, some "sketches" of how I wanted the hair to look. I have a very, very small amount of experience with using Adobe Illustrator from a video editing class, so I tried to make something using it. The problem is that my "style" (If you could call it that) is very different than that of SDT, or anime in general.

My request is that someone take the basic vector that I have done, and modify it to fit into the style of SDT. Mainly, it is just the lighting that would need to be changed, so you don't even need to change the shapes or anything along those lines. I have put the vector, as well as some of the completely unusable "references" that I used to get a basic shape of the hair. Thanks! :)

Caution: The character in the original work is technically underage, but the lewd images are all adult versions. Still be careful if your country outlaws loli.
    [Removed because of bad hosting services]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, this is my first time posting on the request forums, please let me know if there is anything I can improve besides the terrible "art". Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Swell Supporter Content Creator

As I do not think that anyone will do this request and that you seem to know how to use a vector graphics editor, I suggest that you do the job by yourself.
    It is not so difficult:
    1. Open your SVG file and make 3 layers (from lowest to highest: base colour, shade, lines).
    2. Copy-paste the hair two times.
    3. Put the three copies on each other (with Inkscape, use the tool Paste in place (Ctrl+Alt+V))
    4. Unselect all.
    5. Select one copy, it will be the base colour:
      1. Remove its stroke (outside line).
      2. Put this in the base colour layer.
      3. Lock and hide this layer.
    6. Select the second copy, it will be the ouside line:
      1. Remove its fill (colour).
      2. Put this in the lines layer (I suggest that you also put the hair tie in this layer).
      3. Lock this layer.
    7. Select the third one, it will become the shade:
      1. Remove its stroke.
      2. Change its colour to the shade colour.
      3. Put this in the shade layer.
      4. Delete the nodes that will not be used in the shade (the upper ones).
      5. Place new nodes to trace the upper border of the shade.
    8. Unhide the base colour layer.

If you want to add gradients to the base colour or the shade (or maybe to the hair tie), you shoud read Gingerless Soul's tutorial (that is a good tutorial, I've learnt the basics with it and I could make my first hair mod quite fast with it).
    Nonetheless, the gradient between the base colour and the shade, and the light reflection on the edges of the hair mays be much more complicated to do (at least with Inkscape, that allows only linear and circular gradients). With Inkscape, it would require to make several other polygons and apply gradients and blurs to them.

Good luck!

[EDIT]: you should NOT use solidfiles to host files:
    • the download button opens nasty popups, and your file is not obtainable.
    • the direct download link gives a file that is blocked by my browser because its content is malicious...
    The best is to use a site like Mega.nz, but if you do not want to create an account and do not require the files to be hosted for a long time, try imgh.us.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. UrMum12345

UrMum12345 Vivacious Visitor Content Creator

Thanks for the instructions! I guess I just assumed that the style of lighting in SDT would require completely custom-drawn shade shapes.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that it was a super bad hosting site. I just saw people as popular as dante using it, so I thought it was okay. I'll use Mega.nz in the future. Thanks!