Medli Hair Request [The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrMum12345

Content Creator
Got rid of this because there isn't a delete function on undertow

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
As I do not think that anyone will do this request and that you seem to know how to use a vector graphics editor, I suggest that you do the job by yourself.
It is not so difficult:
  1. Open your SVG file and make 3 layers (from lowest to highest: base colour, shade, lines).
  2. Copy-paste the hair two times.
  3. Put the three copies on each other (with Inkscape, use the tool Paste in place (Ctrl+Alt+V))
  4. Unselect all.
  5. Select one copy, it will be the base colour:
    1. Remove its stroke (outside line).
    2. Put this in the base colour layer.
    3. Lock and hide this layer.
  6. Select the second copy, it will be the ouside line:
    1. Remove its fill (colour).
    2. Put this in the lines layer (I suggest that you also put the hair tie in this layer).
    3. Lock this layer.
  7. Select the third one, it will become the shade:
    1. Remove its stroke.
    2. Change its colour to the shade colour.
    3. Put this in the shade layer.
    4. Delete the nodes that will not be used in the shade (the upper ones).
    5. Place new nodes to trace the upper border of the shade.
  8. Unhide the base colour layer.

If you want to add gradients to the base colour or the shade (or maybe to the hair tie), you shoud read Gingerless Soul's tutorial (that is a good tutorial, I've learnt the basics with it and I could make my first hair mod quite fast with it).
Nonetheless, the gradient between the base colour and the shade, and the light reflection on the edges of the hair mays be much more complicated to do (at least with Inkscape, that allows only linear and circular gradients). With Inkscape, it would require to make several other polygons and apply gradients and blurs to them.

Good luck!

[EDIT]: you should NOT use solidfiles to host files:
  • the download button opens nasty popups, and your file is not obtainable.
  • the direct download link gives a file that is blocked by my browser because its content is malicious...
The best is to use a site like Mega.nz, but if you do not want to create an account and do not require the files to be hosted for a long time, try imgh.us.

Last edited:

UrMum12345

Content Creator
As I do not think that anyone will do this request and that you seem to know how to use a vector graphics editor, I suggest that you do the job by yourself.
It is not so difficult:
  1. Open your SVG file and make 3 layers (from lowest to highest: base colour, shade, lines).
  2. Copy-paste the hair two times.
  3. Put the three copies on each other (with Inkscape, use the tool Paste in place (Ctrl+Alt+V))
  4. Unselect all.
  5. Select one copy, it will be the base colour:
    1. Remove its stroke (outside line).
    2. Put this in the base colour layer.
    3. Lock and hide this layer.
  6. Select the second copy, it will be the ouside line:
    1. Remove its fill (colour).
    2. Put this in the lines layer (I suggest that you also put the hair tie in this layer).
    3. Lock this layer.
  7. Select the third one, it will become the shade:
    1. Remove its stroke.
    2. Change its colour to the shade colour.
    3. Put this in the shade layer.
    4. Delete the nodes that will not be used in the shade (the upper ones).
    5. Place new nodes to trace the upper border of the shade.
  8. Unhide the base colour layer.

If you want to add gradients to the base colour or the shade (or maybe to the hair tie), you shoud read Gingerless Soul's tutorial (that is a good tutorial, I've learnt the basics with it and I could make my first hair mod quite fast with it).
Nonetheless, the gradient between the base colour and the shade, and the light reflection on the edges of the hair mays be much more complicated to do (at least with Inkscape, that allows only linear and circular gradients). With Inkscape, it would require to make several other polygons and apply gradients and blurs to them.

Thanks for the instructions! I guess I just assumed that the style of lighting in SDT would require completely custom-drawn shade shapes.

[EDIT]: you should NOT use solidfiles to host files:
  • the dowload button opens nasty popups, and your file is not obtainable.
  • the direct dowload link gives a file that is blocked by my browser because its content is malicious...
The best is to use a site like Mega.nz, but if you do not want to create an account and do not require the files to be hosted for a long time, try imgh.us.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that it was a super bad hosting site. I just saw people as popular as dante using it, so I thought it was okay. I'll use Mega.nz in the future. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.