Male Modding Trouble! (1 Viewer)

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Sorry if im being a bother, but are their any other descriptive tutorials on creating Male mods on Animation CC? I used Dante's Guide on it(Found Here: Loader Modding Tutorial)
I already drew the mod, but i've just been stuck on actually activating the mod. I don't know if there is more complex coding, but it's been confusing me(I can drop the FLA file, if it makes it easier.)
If anyone could point me to another Tutorial or could explain it to my weak brain, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Drop the file, I'll take a look :)

I don't know if there is any other extra coding for the Males separately. I followed the tutorial in the .fla file but i didn't mess with the coding, just in case it interfered with something major.

Sorry for the wait, here you go Dante :)

Attachments

DBS.fla
554 KB · Views: 150

stuntcock

Content Creator
I don't know if there is any other extra coding for the Males separately.
Yeah, there's a lot of code that needs to be enabled before the mod will actually do anything. The tricky part is that sprites can be loaded as either body or clothing, and there are different rules for the two categories. There are also special rules for handling male/futa switching, and skin tone switching.

In this case the coding is pretty straightforward, because this mod covers only the male body and has only one skin tone :)

DBS - edited.fla

There are a few artwork details in the FLA file which will require minor revisions.
  • his components > his right arm > hishandr
    • there are four keyframes on the timeline.
    • you've filled in the first frame (himclosed) but you need to also draw a hand for the second keyframe (himopen).
    • you can ignore the third and fourth frames; they pertain to the female/futa body.
  • his components > his left leg > histhighl
    • there seems to be a chunk missing from the fill of the thigh clothing; I see a big transparent hole in the middle.
    • this might be an import error -- or maybe it's intended as torn clothing?
    • anyways, please take a look at it. You should be able to publish the file, test it in-game, edit the artwork, re-publish, re-test, etc.
  • his components > his right arm > hisupperarml
  • his components > his right arm > hisforearml
    • the artwork for these two elements deviates somewhat from the body reference.
    • the clothing doesn't cover the underlying limb, and so the guy's skin remains visible during gameplay.
    • I've re-added the reference layers to these two symbols, in order to make the comparison more obvious.
    • it should be possible to stretch the artwork to cover these sprites. If you're happy with the artwork and you'd prefer not change it, then we could alter the code so that the skin of the left arm will be hidden when the DBS mod is loaded.
  • his components > his left arm > hishandl
    • the hand is "cut off" at the wrist and ends with a straight line.
    • it would be a good idea to draw a rounded (semi-circular) wrist joint instead of a straight line.
    • currently, the clothing on the forearm is slightly too short, which causes the "cut off" edge of the wrist to be visible.
    • you can lengthen the forearm clothing to cover the wrist, but it would be safer to also draw the rounded edge. Then, viewers won't notice a "cut off" effect even if the hand and clothing become slightly mis-aligned.
    • the hand sprite is drawn underneath the clothing layers, so there's no harm in drawing "extra" skin at the wrist. Any surplus skin will simply vanish behind/beneath the forearm sleeve.
    • -------
    • the new hand doesn't completely cover the reference image; the fifth finger remains visible when the mod is loaded.
    • by default, SDT Loader mods are merely drawn on top of the game artwork. They do not actually replace the corresponding element of the original body.
    • if you review Dante's portfolio, you'll notice a lot of monsters and superheroes - characters with large bodies who will naturally eclipse the regular SDT guy whenever they're drawn in the same space.
    • if you're happy with the current artwork then just let us know and we'll add code to hide any visible bits of the SDT guy (such as the left hand). If you'd prefer to revise your artwork then go ahead.

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Yeah, there's a lot of code that needs to be enabled before the mod will actually do anything. The tricky part is that sprites can be loaded as either body or clothing, and there are different rules for the two categories. There are also special rules for handling male/futa switching, and skin tone switching.

In this case the coding is pretty straightforward, because this mod covers only the male body and has only one skin tone :)

DBS - edited.fla

There are a few artwork details in the FLA file which will require minor revisions.
  • his components > his right arm > hishandr
    • there are four keyframes on the timeline.
    • you've filled in the first frame (himclosed) but you need to also draw a hand for the second keyframe (himopen).
    • you can ignore the third and fourth frames; they pertain to the female/futa body.
  • his components > his left leg > histhighl
    • there seems to be a chunk missing from the fill of the thigh clothing; I see a big transparent hole in the middle.
    • this might be an import error -- or maybe it's intended as torn clothing?
    • anyways, please take a look at it. You should be able to publish the file, test it in-game, edit the artwork, re-publish, re-test, etc.
  • his components > his right arm > hisupperarml
  • his components > his right arm > hisforearml
    • the artwork for these two elements deviates somewhat from the body reference.
    • the clothing doesn't cover the underlying limb, and so the guy's skin remains visible during gameplay.
    • I've re-added the reference layers to these two symbols, in order to make the comparison more obvious.
    • it should be possible to stretch the artwork to cover these sprites. If you're happy with the artwork and you'd prefer not change it, then we could alter the code so that the skin of the left arm will be hidden when the DBS mod is loaded.
  • his components > his left arm > hishandl
    • the hand is "cut off" at the wrist and ends with a straight line.
    • it would be a good idea to draw a rounded (semi-circular) wrist joint instead of a straight line.
    • currently, the clothing on the forearm is slightly too short, which causes the "cut off" edge of the wrist to be visible.
    • you can lengthen the forearm clothing to cover the wrist, but it would be safer to also draw the rounded edge. Then, viewers won't notice a "cut off" effect even if the hand and clothing become slightly mis-aligned.
    • the hand sprite is drawn underneath the clothing layers, so there's no harm in drawing "extra" skin at the wrist. Any surplus skin will simply vanish behind/beneath the forearm sleeve.
    • -------
    • the new hand doesn't completely cover the reference image; the fifth finger remains visible when the mod is loaded.
    • by default, SDT Loader mods are merely drawn on top of the game artwork. They do not actually replace the corresponding element of the original body.
    • if you review Dante's portfolio, you'll notice a lot of monsters and superheroes - characters with large bodies who will naturally eclipse the regular SDT guy whenever they're drawn in the same space.
    • if you're happy with the current artwork then just let us know and we'll add code to hide any visible bits of the SDT guy (such as the left hand). If you'd prefer to revise your artwork then go ahead.

Wow was not expecting that, i'll make these ajustments asap. The chunk missing from the left thigh was the most unexpected, but i'll see if i can fix it and move along. Thank you

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
stuntcock stuntcock ....sniper... Lol, I didn't even get to chance to download it.

if you review Dante's portfolio, you'll notice a lot of monsters and superheroes - characters with large bodies who will naturally eclipse the regular SDT guy whenever they're drawn in the same space.

There was one or two that had coding done to erase to guy, and leave the new sprites. Skeleton and R2-D2 to be precise. And what can I say...
07eee1036bb585df20a66e2c65933d8bb6aa53600daef80cea03c99ec5e86730.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.