Loader.swf opens continuously in multiple tabs (1 Viewer)

dama

Potential Patron
After right-clicking loader.swf, then selecting "open with firefox from now on," SDT continues to open in multiple tabs infinitely. SDT never executes however, and each tab stays blank. I have to force quit firefox, then open task manager to close the firefox process.

When I drag loader.swf to my firefox icon to run it, forefox opens with a dialog box asking what program to open loader.swf with. I select "firefox," and the same prompt comes back up. Basically, it's the same infinite loop--if I were to check the box that would make firefox the default program to open loader.swf, the same problem as above would occur.

BUT, when I run loader.swf on my mac, there is no problem.

Any ideas what's going on?

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, the latest loader from modguy, and the latest version of firefox.

Thanks!

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
dama said:
After right-clicking loader.swf, then selecting "open with firefox from now on," SDT continues to open in multiple tabs infinitely. SDT never executes however, and each tab stays blank. I have to force quit firefox, then open task manager to close the firefox process.

When I drag loader.swf to my firefox icon to run it, forefox opens with a dialog box asking what program to open loader.swf with. I select "firefox," and the same prompt comes back up. Basically, it's the same infinite loop--if I were to check the box that would make firefox the default program to open loader.swf, the same problem as above would occur.

BUT, when I run loader.swf on my mac, there is no problem.

Any ideas what's going on?

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, the latest loader from modguy, and the latest version of firefox.

Thanks!
Infinite loop, that's why.

Try installing flash player for firefox.

Otherwise, use the stand alone flash player like you are supposed to.

dama

Potential Patron
Thanks for the reply!

The same thing happens after I reinstalled flash. The strange thing is that loader.swf worked yesterday the first time I opened it. The second time I ran it is when the problem started.

I don't know if it is connected, but the same thing happened with the InsecureDialogue. The audio and text dialogue worked correctly the first time I ran it, but now when I run it again on my mac it skips, I can't hear the coughs and gags, and the text doesn't match the audio. I ran the InsecureDialogue on my PC (the computer with the problem) the first time I opened loader.swf.

What do you mean by "stand alone flash player"
EDIT: I just found the stand alone download link, I'll give it a shot. But still, why would SDT work in firefox, and then NOT work in firefox?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
dama said:
Thanks for the reply!

The same thing happens after I reinstalled flash. The strange thing is that loader.swf worked yesterday the first time I opened it. The second time I ran it is when the problem started.

I don't know if it is connected, but the same thing happened with the InsecureDialogue. The audio and text dialogue worked correctly the first time I ran it, but now when I run it again on my mac it skips, I can't hear the coughs and gags, and the text doesn't match the audio. I ran the InsecureDialogue on my PC (the computer with the problem) the first time I opened loader.swf.

What do you mean by "stand alone flash player"
EDIT: I just found the stand alone download link, I'll give it a shot. But still, why would SDT work in firefox, and then NOT work in firefox?
Because the smallest things can make flash and firefox go batshit retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.