Little help with moreclothing (1 Viewer)

Lizoran

Potential Patron
I've been trying to add this overtop to moreclothing 5 but it doesn't work even when i change the settings, it just says in red that it needs costume collar and costume armwear everytime.
If someone can help me find a solution i would appreciate it, here's my settings and the more clothing folder.
If i need to add anything else please tell me, thank you.
Edit: Removed attachment.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
The problem is that you copy-pasted the configuration lines without understanding what they mean.

LeatherJacket.swf contains three components: overtop, armwear, and collar.
If we loaded this with a minimal config line, then each component would get assigned to its selector. The main part of the jacket would appear in the Top selector, the armwear (i.e. lower sleeves of the jacket) would go into the Gloves selector, and the jacket's collar would appear in the Collar selector.
This is inconvenient. In order to get the whole jacket to appear, we're forced to perform three sets of clicks.
So, instead, we assign all three parts of the leather jacket to the body selector. Now, we need only choose "Jacket" and click once to make all three parts appear.

Code:
; vvv This is the silly way of loading the jacket.  It doesn't work very well. vvv
;Leather Jacket.swf=Jacket
; ^^^ This is the silly way of loading the jacket.  It doesn't work very well. ^^^

; vvv This is the convenient way of loading the jacket. vvv
Leather Jacket.swf=Jacket:CostumeOverTop>Body:CostumeCollar>Body:CostumeArmwear>Body
; ^^^ This is the convenient way of loading the jacket. ^^^

The problem is that you applied this same approach to CT-PunkLeatherJacketOvertop.swf. That's a different file. It's a short-sleeve design (hence: it lacks an Armwear component). It also lacks a Collar component -- the upper portion is simply an extension of the top itself (which means that it won't track the neck movement perfectly, but it has simply been designed with enough slack so that the neck doesn't clip through during gameplay).

When you try to load it with a copy-pasted version of the previous config line, moreClothing gets confused because you're giving it instructions about "what to do with the sleeves and collar" -- neither of those things actually exist. So the solution is to reduce the fancy config line to a simpler one:

Code:
; vvv This is the silly way of loading the jacket.  It generates errors. vvv
;CT-PunkLeatherJacketOvertop.swf=Leather Jacket:CostumeOverTop>Body:CostumeCollar>Body:CostumeArmwear>Body
; ^^^ This is the silly way of loading the jacket.  It generates errors. ^^^

; vvv This is the correct way of loading the jacket. vvv
CT-PunkLeatherJacketOvertop.swf=Leather Jacket:CostumeOverTop>Body
; ^^^ This is the correct way of loading the jacket. ^^^

Lizoran

Potential Patron
I actually only did the copy/paste after trying many other variations, tough it is true that i still don't really understand the mod.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

latexnoneli

Potential Patron
Is it possible to figure out what component you exactly need?
I'm experiencing trouble with multiple mods where i get an error when i put in (what i think) is the right one.

For example i have:
Lucy Heartphilia boots.swf= Lucy Boots:CostumeFootwear
But when i try to launch it i get the error:
Error loading Lucy Boots:CostumeFootwear

Where as another one i have:
Lyfa - Costume - Boots.swf=Lyfa Boots:CostumeFootwear
And that one works fine.

I've tried to mess around with a couple [Component] > [Component] Possibilities thinking the creator might have categorized them under a different Component but nothing worked.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Lucy Heartphilia boots.swf= Lucy Boots:CostumeFootwear
But when i try to launch it i get the error:
Error loading Lucy Boots:CostumeFootwear
If you're talking about this mod then please note that it carries the <sdt loader> tag. It's a Loader mod and therefore it will not work with moreClothing. You'll need to find mods flagged as <vanilla>. There are a few Loader mods which have been specially scripted for compatibility; they're marked as <moreclothing compatible>.

Is it possible to figure out what component you exactly need?
I wrote something which may help with that problem. You load this mod (manually - via the Swf Mod button). Then you load normal SDT imports manually, and you'll get a bit of extra information on-screen (such as "CostumeFootwear").

The extra text can be fairly annoying, so this is something which you'd use rarely (e.g. when you're trying to figure out how to incorporate a new SWF into moreClothing). I don't recommend adding it to your $INIT$ folder because it's not the sort of thing which ought to be active at all times.

Alternatively: if you're comfortable with reading raw scripts, then you could also open the SWF file using ffdec and then look at its modType variable(s).

latexnoneli

Potential Patron
Thanks a lot for helping me out. This should make it easier to figure everything out. It's a shame that loader mods don't work with moreClothing because i like using the randomness feature it has.

Iago

Content Creator
It's a Loader mod and therefore it will not work with moreClothing.

All my loader mods work with moreclothing :wat:. I didn't even know there was a "moreclothing compatibility" tag XD. I guess it depends on which template are you using for modding (Faceless one or, in my case, Sby's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.