Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Yup, Lara Croft in a non-Tomb Raider series game. The demo for this was released recently for the PC.

So the basics: It's a isometric action/adventure platformer. Think of a mix between classic Tomb Raider games and Diablo. There's a single player and co-op mode. You either play as Lara or this Mayan? warrior named Totec. It still uses the Underworld engine, which ryona-wise is probably the worst thing possible.

About the ryona: I played the demo for about 10 minutes. Pretty much felt like TRU with a camera that never moves. The game lacks decent pain animations and interaction with enemies, and the game still friggin fades out immediately after you die.

The announcement of the demo got my hopes up, but got squashed when I found how similar it was to TRU.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I don't mean to be offensive or rude or anything, but I don't see why you made this post, unless you're trying to warn people about the game.

Isn't it just a two-stick shooter with puzzles? The camara's way too zoomed out to even see anything.

noice1

Potential Patron
I'm sad with fade-out game over/death screens. I don't get it, either. There's so much violence in games today, why are death sequences (and post-moments) taboo?

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I just assumed it had to do with the style of a game. I didn't really think they were trying to censor anything.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
2.8 GB takes awhile to download for some people, so I figured if anyone was curious I'd save them the time if they were after it for ryona. If I knew ahead of time what the game was going to be like, I probably wouldn't have downloaded it. :|

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Okay, sorry to be like that. Yeah, this game wasn't meant for ryona. It's supposedly fun nonetheless.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i believe it uses the same engine as Underworld. so maybe people can make mods for it to improve it.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with this game. Got it for XBox the day it came out, 3 weeks ago now. Decent puzzle elements, lots of fun co-op play. Much better than Tomb Raider Underworld, which was a huge letdown as far as TR games go. It's a big departure for Lara's normal adventures, but it was supposed to be.

Ryona level is poor, but that's no surprise. It's so zoomed out that you can't see much, like in pretty much all isometric games. It would be nice if you could zoom the camera in, because the player model for Lara isn't actually half-bad in the in-game cutscenes. Don't get this one for the ryona, but do give it a shot for the gameplay.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
So many comments about this game. I guess, I have to test it by myself.

A while ago, when the current Tomb Raider was in development, there were rumors, that this part will be with mature content.
Now, the game is released and its for age of 12+, I am a bit disappointed.

Wired4Weird

Potential Patron
So many comments about this game. I guess, I have to test it by myself.

A while ago, when the current Tomb Raider was in development, there were rumors, that this part will be with mature content.
Now, the game is released and its for age of 12+, I am a bit disappointed.

I dont think they meant "this" game, because this was more of an intermezzo, while a new proper TR game is being developed (the way I understand it). However, even then, I highly doubt it'll include mature content.

catpurr69

Ryonani Teamster
I finished the game few days ago. There's no Ryona elements in it but nonetheless it's a great action-adventure platformer with some outstanding puzzles.
You also get to unlock various Lara's costumes through the game (depending on your score). They're finally unlocked all by finishing the game. Lara looks nice and it's a shame there's no Ryona, but even without that it's easy to highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.