Kriegmar Open Discussion Thread

Sickerton

Content Creator
Something just occurred to me:

Bog has already shown that he has grappler capabilities, and that his hold has traits that are linked with the victim. Since this is his opening move, he may also have a repertoire of abilities and/or perks specifically for doing odd stuff with grappled opponents.

So, uh, I think we may want to poke him a couple times. To make sure he isn't capable of using Aria to soak up attacks against him.

AoE effects could be useful here, since we could nick Bog while also keeping up the heat on someone else. For example, if Avita conditionalizes that she'll cast Stormpool at G15 if Mirevina pulls Jerin to G16 she could simultaneously join in on a Jerin focus fire, give Bog a chance to activate some meatshield ability we would otherwise not be aware of, and get her RP reaction of attacking Bog for endangering her "BFF".

We're going to have to attack Bog eventually to free Aria, so we're going to need to know if he has any nasty tricks to deal with damage spikes heading his way. Especially if we use something like the Thraso buff stack to break his hold. As darkly funny as it would be, killing a teammate-shield with a teammate-weapon would suck pretty hard.

Marcomax

Vivacious Visitor
This is definitely a different way to look at battles at least for me. I tend to take RPG battles turn by turn. Plus I'm gonna be be useless until the paralysis is taken care of. But yea I agree that our first order of business should be to free Aria from Bog's grip.

My other worry is Jerin. While we're focused on the giant and mage, he'll be cutting through our ranks. Since he's aiming for me, If you can cure be by my next turn. I can attempt to use Limb Strike(Leg) to slow him. Even if it doesn't slow him down, it will do damage. In terms of plans, using Mirevina's Unholy Grasp could work but then would we stick to single target attacks to avoid hitting Aria. With my Aim (x3) + Volley(x2) Combo I can do pretty good damage . Originally, I would focus on Ferin from range but with Bog grappling Aria and Jerin on my ass I'll have to improvise. On the flip side, If you go the AOE route, I can assist with Hurl Explosive. Actually, as an aside if I used Limb Strike (Head) on Bog instead, would that free Aria?

Anothe note, Is there any problem with me making an IC post about being Paralyzed or should I just wait?

Sickerton

Content Creator
IIRC there's no "Friendly fire" in BoK, barring some special condition enabling it. This is partially why I'd like to wing Bog with something during the oncoming chaos, to see if he can block attacks with Aria or is just planning to twist her into a pretzel. I also think that Emilia is going to be paralyzed for this entire turn phase, since we have to wait until Idoro makes his 'turn' to verify whether or now Felandren's cure sticks, but a conditional could probably be added in to allow Emilia to move and take her turn if she's freed.

Putting a lot of stuff here together, how does this sound as a round layout:

Unrelated Unrelated moves first, Backstabbing Jerin and yelling at Maddie to patch up the party (OOC: Controlling Madelyn to move away from the orb while dropping Radiant Light on top of it). This would undo most of the damage the surprise AoE did to us before we scatter while also getting Maddie out of there and starting the pain train on Jerin. Mirevina also 'moves' during Unrelated's turn, with her going to H15 to pull Farkan to H14. This is done here specifically so other players can build conditionals off of whether it goes off without a hitch or not.

From that point on, turn order shouldn't matter all that much.

Marcomax Marcomax makes Emilia's 'I'm paralyzed!' post while also noting Felandren coming to her aid (Commanding him to move to J17 and use Soothing Melody on Emilia). Emilia prepares to spring into action during this, setting up conditionals: If she gets freed and Mirevina's pull works, she moves somewhere away from the orb and Hurls Explosives at G15 to catch the three baddies. If she's free and Mirevina's pull doesn't work, though, she moves away from the orb and either Takes Aim in prep for the next turn or tries to confuse Bog with a Limb Strike to the head.

Baku|Haku Baku|Haku Makes Avita's post about her getting upset at the rude men messing with her friends and moves away from the orb (Cuddling up next to the Orcs for protection might be good here) while setting up conditionals: If Mirevina's pull works, Stormpool on G15 to get the three. If the pull fails, a single attack of her choice on either Bog or Jerin. If Emilia winds up targeting Bog's head Avita may want to Bubblebeam him as well, in an attempt to beat his resistances through sheer odds.

Sickerton Sickerton (That putz) Moves Thraso to I15 while Boasting, starting the setup for a turn 3 Lariat while bodyblocking Wolfie with Mirevina. Since Thraso is the only unwounded non-support, it'll be best if she soaks up a blow or two from Farkan instead of the already-wounded Emilia or the eternally squishy Felandren. If Thraso gets knocked below half health by turn 3 her Last Stand perk will also kick in, boosting the already ludicrous Lariat damage even higher.

@thesteedman Moves Faith away from the orb (Seeing a pattern here?) and either activates Absorb Chi (It may not block all hits, but getting a chance to is worthwhile while she waits to close in) or starts a combo on Bog. With her current positioning she can't reach the others yet, but she should be set to either dive in or make good progress on freeing Aria in turn 2.

Taveren Taveren has Aria mentally reconsider several life choices.

How does this look for an outline? Am I overlooking anything important?

[EDIT 1: Unrelated pointed out that Mirevina going to H15 and pulling Farkan to H14 would catch all of them in our AoE's, so changed it to that]

[EDIT 2: Unrelated has also come up with a much more succinct plan]
Unrelated said:
The Unrelated crazy fuckshit turn proposal:

• Alchana moves to F12 and attempts to Divest Jerin's armor.
  • Mirevina moves up to G20 and pulls Jerin to G19. And also Shadow Bolts Jerin in the face as a free action.
  • Avita moves to E17 and bubblebeams Farkan.
  • Faith moves to F19 and triple punches Jerin.
  • Felandren moves to E17 and Soothing Melodies Emilia.
  • IF both Farkan and Jerin are stunned, Emilia aims. Otherwise, she goes for a Head Shot on someone not stunned/blinded. In any case she moves somewhere away from the orb, like J16.
  • Thraso moves to I15 and boasts, setting up for the next turn and getting in the way of Farkan.
  • Madelyn fires off her Halo (as a free action), steps up to G18, and smites Jerin in the back of the head.

Last edited:

Marcomax

Vivacious Visitor
Well, that could have gone better. Probably should have avoided targeting the one with the human shield...

I don't know about a new plan but their's a good chance next turn will involve me throwing bombs. Either to target two of Jerin's four forms or to target one and damage Farkan. If Hurl Explosive will knock Farkan of Thraso giving her the chance to attack I'll go with that plan. (So Hurl Explosive to H18, I17, H19 or F20)

Sickerton

Content Creator

Alright, we're really in it now.

The Story So Far:

Alchana has only two movement squares to work with due to slowing, and is way off in a corner.

Aria is free (and the confusion was supposedly cleared after she was thrown), but needs to get some health back before she's ended by an errant gust of wind.

Emilia is in similar straights; free to move but a decent attack away from going under.

Maddie and Faith are popsicles, while Mirevina is only half so and rooted in place

Thraso is hurting... which actually is kind of helpful, since being at low health will boost the eventual Lariat even more. But she'll have to find a way to survive the mauling and get away from fluffy before she can actually take advantage of that.

Avita is actually doing fairly well; not too dinged, having no movement penalties, and standing right next to our guest healer. But she's kind of squishy, so should still be careful.

To Do List:
  • Free as many as we can from impeding afflictions, to let them jump back in
  • Get the teammates near death some health
  • Carpet bomb the Jerins to find the real one
  • Leave Bog the hell alone, since giving him any reason to disengage from Zanzar is the last thing we want to do right now.
My Personal Notes:
  • Thraso can be freed by her either sacrificing her movement turn to take a check against Farkan (50% chance) or sheer damage done to Farkan by others (Amount needed unknown). Neither method makes the other easier in in way, so it would be most efficient to choose one and go all-in on it.
  • Thraso attempting to free herself is purely chance, but knocking Farkan off is something that can be worked on. In addition, we are hurting Farkan in the process and Thraso is essentially controlling where he will be located due to him being latched on to her. Therefore I suggest that we go the damage route, with Thraso using her movement turns to plop Farkan into squares where he can be hurt by others while they're testing the Jerins.
    • EXAMPLE: Unrelated has suggested Avita moving down to H15 and using Cutting Wind to the right to hit two Jerins at once. if Thraso moves to G16, and has Farkan 'dangle' into H16, he'll be hit by the attack as well free of charge.
  • Mirevina does not need to move at all to be able to hit two Jerins at once with Deathly Fog. Thus, she is probably lowest priority for freeing this turn.
  • We have two characters that could theoretically free Maddie and/or Faith: Aria (Dispel Magic) and Felandren (Soothing Melody). Aria has a clear shot for whoever, but Felandren is somewhat boxed in and may have a cooldown (We'll have to ask Idoro Idoro about that)
  • If only one of the two can be freed from their ice this turn, I'm putting my vote in for Maddie. No offense meant, Faith, but Maddie needs to squeeze the most out of that Halo effect while it's still active and we could really use a healer right now.
  • The wounded may want to leg it over to Sannia, as she's supplying AoE heals. But also be mindful of bunching up too much, as that'd be a buffet for the real Jerin.
  • Aria could theoretically give 3 allies/herself shields that will soak up some damage then explode in spikes, or place a Redirect on Zanzar that will make Bog hit Farkan (or even Jerin if we find the real one fast enough). But to do so she'll be giving up freeing someone this turn with Dispel, and them even working is still rather up in the air with the annoying 'Overlevel' mechanics still fizzling damn near everything.

Last edited:

Baku|Haku

Casual Client
How can Avita help here
a) Freeze that wolf man in place and let Thraso trash him around for a bit, she can do the same with the ninja man but it might not be the real one since the real one might not even be there. Plus we don't know if we are dealing with Naruto rules where the copies dissapear after they are hit.
b) Stormpool the wolf and one of the copies. She is on the right position to do a stormpool and hit both, we might want to hold the attack but if t hist both of them we have 50% of getting them freeze
c) Do what Raden sugested and move to make a gust of wind agaist the copies. Again we don't know if we have Naruto rules and get the copies to die after a single hit. If we do we should cheeck if killing the original might help.
d) Cast Stormpool on H19, It might...I dunno break the bloody energy ball and hits two on the clothes.

Sickerton

Content Creator
Addendums:
  • We have nine Thin Potions in the party inventory, which heal for 50. You can also use one item per turn for free. Thus No matter what Aria and Emilia do this turn, they should also drink a Thin Potion to help their odds of surviving the next round.
  • Neither Farkan (while mounted) nor the Jerin illusions can take attacks of opportunity against us, meaning we can dance around them with impunity. The real Jerin obviously can, but on the flip side he will immediately give himself away if he does so.
  • Thraso is at a decent health total right now, but is all but guaranteed to be taking two attacks from Farkan next turn. His basic attack hits for 50, so by itself that will place her at 25 health. If Farkan pulls anything that does extra damage, or if Thraso is winged by any of Jerin's AoE shenanigans, she'll be dead. She also cannot use items while mounted, locking her out of the Thin Potions.
  • Speaking of Jerin, if I was a betting man I'd say the real him is E20. It's the only one we will have trouble getting a clear bead on this turn, and also the only one not bunched up with the others enough to easily hit with our AoE's. Since this technique is specifically to waste our time and split our damage outputs, it would make little sense for him to plop himself down in a location where we could accidentally find him out while attacking the fakes. We should still hit all the others just to make sure, because it will be easy to do, but remember to throw something at that one in particular.
  • If Aria does not want to free Maddie this turn, Barrier might work as a temporary band-aid. We have three members in particular in danger of going under soon, and Barrier gives three members shields that soak up damage sent their way. They'll also explode into spikes when used up, which could also further vex Farkan and maybe Jerin. The main issue is that it's been stated that these baddies have a chance to ignore similar defense abilities completely - due to being overleveled - meaning that the shields may wind up not blocking anything at all.
  • Felandren has a 1-turn cooldown to his "cure" ability, meaning that he will have to fall back on his bow this turn. It also means that by himself the soonest he can get one person unfrozen is turn 3, and would wrap up with the other on turn 5.

Last edited:

Sickerton

Content Creator
'hokay; I have been told that while Thraso can't use a healing potion herself (which can either be drank or applied directly to wounds like a salve by the way), teammates can use one on her just fine. With that everyone really in trouble has a little bit of a health buffer to work with, and I could now work out something approaching a theoretical round outline:

@thesteedman prepares a conditional: If Faith is freed, she continues her Chain Combo on the E20 Jerin.

Taveren Taveren has Aria drink a Thin Potion, move up to E16 (to not risk any AoO), then Dispel the ice on Maddie.

Baku|Haku Baku|Haku has Avita move down to J15 and Cutting Wind up and to the right; hitting Farkan, Jerin H17, and Jerin E20.

Unrelated Unrelated has Alchana move to G15 and stab Farkan. I don't think he can be Backstabbed at this angle but I could be wrong. Unrelated also commands Mirevina to release her Deathly Fog, hitting the two Jerins next to her.

Sickerton Sickerton has Thraso goes crazy with conditionals:
  • IF Thraso is not freed from the mounting this turn: Maddie moves to G17 and casts Light's Grace on H15 (Healing Thraso, Emilia, Avita, Alchana... and Zanzar), Felandren goes up to Flashdance Thraso with a Thin Potion/peg Farkan with a point-blank arrow, then Thraso moves to F17 (With Farkan in G16) for possible pulse heals/keeping Faith within grabbing distance for if freed next turn.
  • IF Thraso AND Maddie are freed Maddie moves to H16, Thraso eats the Attack Charm, and they Duo Heavy Smash/Smite Farkan. Then Maddie throws Thraso a Thin Potion afterwards.
    • BUT IF H17 OR G19 Jerin winds up being the real one, instead Thraso moves up to G17/F18 and they Duo him after Charm boosting instead. Then Maddie throws Thraso a Thin Potion afterwards
  • HOWEVER: IF somehow Thraso is freed but Maddie isn't, Felandren goes up to hand Thraso a Thin Potion... but Thraso instead activates the Attack Charm, grabs Felandren, and Lariats him into Farkan before he can actually do it.
Marcomax Marcomax has Emilia drink a Thin Potion and move up towards Sannia (E/F16 maybe?), then either Hurls Explosives at the group of her choice or fires a Volley down at Farkan.

How does this look? Am I missing anything critical?

Last edited:

Big-ronso

Vivacious Visitor
I did not see the new post so I was a bit behind. our heroines have taken seems to me ( I have so many shots had a quick glance ) indeed one of them even she died but what happened exactly ò.ò

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster
While waiting for everyone to post, decided I'd attempt to spice up the world a bit with some provincial lore:

Birthvale
Population Density: High
Human: 75%
Beastmen: 15%
Dwarf: 5%
Elf: 3%
Orc: 2%
Terrain: Dry valleys
History: Birthvale, known by many other names by the locals- is a coastal province within the Greater Gridenian Empire. A territory rife with conflict and violence, Birthvale is considered the 'birthplace' of humanity on Kriegmar (and possibly the world) and is littered with thousands of ruins from past civilizations- most dating back before recorded history. Because of this, the humans of Kriegmar have always warred over and attempted to secure the province over the belief that the ones who control the 'cradle of civilization' are to be the destined rulers of humanity. The grandfather of the current emperor of Gridenia, Gelius VI, proudly claimed to have descended from one of the many old kingdoms that once existed in the province. Whether or not there is any truth to this claim however, is uncertain.

Today, Birthvale is densely populated by humans and a good portion of beastfolk as well. Goldport stands as one of the major ports within the empire, and is always bustling with trade activity. The city of Olstrand is believed to be built upon the ruins of the ancient empire of Noclipsia- a kingdom of humans that existed during the Corrupt Age (when a majority of humans followed the prophecies of Gemesis) and thus attracts many tourists, dark magic practitioners and historians alike. The provincial capital is in Kiralys, a large city set within the largest valley in the entire territory, and surrounded by many major archaeological digsites.

Scholar's Note (Since the party has not encountered any true scholars, Madelyn will fill this role for now.):

"Birthplace of humanity, hm? If that's true, there must be a lot of amazing artifacts to be found there..."

Treasure Hunter's Note:

"Birthvale is like a tomb raider's wet dream. There's tons of treasures and opportunity to be found there ....if you're willing to brave the traps littered throughout said tombs and temples of course."

Special Interest:

"Well, the ruins in Olstrand is actually the reason I visited Kriegmar in the first place. But well, I got sidetracked.."

Last edited:

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster
Hey all! I apologize for taking so long to respond in my last post, been tied up finishing out my externship and school in general. As of Sunday this week I'll officially have graduated.

As such, I'll be spending the next few months job-searching and looking for any new opportunities. Since that means I'll be spending a lot of time at home, I'll likely be able to respond to BoK quicker with any luck. However, with the response time to the thread dropping down lower than I had hoped, I was wondering if people were still interested and invested in the RP at all. I personally, do not like seeing people waiting a week or more out to post, as I specifically remember outlining in the acceptance PM that I expected people to take no less than 4 days to make a post. And while that wasn't a hard rule, I still expected it to be followed somewhat.

So for everyone still involved in BoK, lend me your thoughts. Are you still interested in the RP? Are you wanting to continue? If not, please let me know and I'll remove you from it. Replacement members will be dependent on how many leave. I don't want to draw out entire assets for another character, only to have them leave in a few months. I feel it's a waste of my time.

As for the people who have not responded to my current BoK post, I'm giving them until Sunday to respond to the thread before I prune them. I feel waiting 2 weeks or more for a response is entirely unreasonable.

UPDATE: As of this message, just waiting on one more to post.

Now. With that dictatorship out of the way, say hello to the winner of the last art poll!

So I said that next I would be doing full-body, HQ art of an NPC. In this case, that's unique characters who joined (or had a chance to join) the party, but who were controlled by the GM (me, in this case.):

Calika
Nika
Xili (Child)
Julius
Laliana
Savria
Banilio
Ybram
Talci
Felandren
Mirevina
Sannia
Zanzar

And you can vote for your choice here! Good luck!
http://www.strawpoll.me/11630552

Last edited:

Sickerton

Content Creator
I am still interested and wish to continue.

Just in case there was any, uh, vagueness about that.

MayaLazarus

Vivacious Visitor
Way to go Idoro! Hopefully after you graduate, you can land a good job!

Also congratulations to Linara for winning he art pool!

Edit: Also if you ever need someone to fill in BoK, I'm always ready to ring in!

Last edited:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
DeviantArt Username
Unrelatedpants
I am still interested.

Made my vote for Sannia, just because we didn't get a chance to see much of her (and certainly no full-body shots!)

Last edited:

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster
Alrighty, looks like a 4-way tie so far in the voting. This one has a lot more options than the last so, in case of a tie I'll be the one to tiebreak if I have to.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks again for that full body of Linara, Idoro, it's wicked!!!

Also, I have voted...and the balance of power once again shifts...

Though if there were an option, I wouldn't mind seeing you do something with Ybram and one of the other BoK ladies O_o

And most importantly, congrats on graduating! I hope you find a great job that you like and also pays you a high seven figures.

Top Bottom