1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Koutetsujou no Cabaneli - Mumei Hair and Armor Request.

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by dragonoidso, Apr 17, 2016.

1. dragonoidso

dragonoidso Potential Patron

Meet Mumei, a girl from the new series called Koutetsujou no Cabaneli.

This is her without the armor:

[​IMG]

This is her with the armor:

[​IMG]

She's a curious kind of girl. A bit clumsy at first, as seen on episode 1 of the series.

Example: (In this scene, Mumei's slippers get stuck due to her miscalculated kick.)
    [​IMG]

(This is what came out of her mouth during this scene.)

In episode 2, she reveals her true power. All the while maintaining her curious personality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know, I know. This is a very VERY tiring request, but please give it some thought.
    I'm sure there are other users wanting to get a piece that pie. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll be willing to help you with the references, but not the character code.

Here's a list of what I want:
    • Mumei's Hair (With armor)
    • Char. code (With armor)
    • Mumei's Armor
    tl;dr: I want Mumei with her armor on.

Here are some reference materials for you to use: (I'm not exactly sure if 100% of these are usable)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW COULD YOU RESIST THIS?!

[​IMG]

LOOK AT HER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May Papa Bless you fellow artist!
    :D

2. dragonoidso

I'll be off to sleep now.
    Good night everybody

3. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

You haven't provided usable reference images for the complete armor. We can see most of her upper-body clothing, but the lighting isn't ideal - it's intense directional lighting in a nighttime scene; most SDT artwork uses a softer ambient light effect. We don't have any side views of the skirt, leggings, or boots.

We can't see much detail in the cloth, mostly because of the high-contrast illumination. If you can find daylight side-view images of the character then that would be very helpful.

There's probably enough material here for the hairstyle and helmet, although some of the hair detail has been lost due to video compression. I can't discern strand lines in most of the images, but an actual artist could probably just invent them. Clean highres images (e.g. concept art, fanart) would be useful, but aren't strictly necessary.

Many of your images show the girl's left side, but we'd typically draw her right side when making an SDT mod. The design seems to include a few minor asymmetries. If you have a preference then you should express it; otherwise the modder will probably just do whichever side is easier (i.e. whichever one has better references).

The costume design and tailoring make no sense, so I'm refusing to work on it as a protest against "character designers throwing assorted crap together for no discernible reason." Why would someone assemble a miko-steampunk-schoolgirl-ninja costume and then decide to top it off with boxing headgear??

4. dragonoidso

[​IMG]

This is her hair when she looks to the right.
    Fortunately, I was able to find a more lighter picture of her.
    I hope this could be of use to you!

Either side will do!
    Thanks for asking!

As for her design, I agree with what you said about it not making sense.
    But that doesn't make her less of cum dumpster! >:D

Anyways, I'll be looking for some more reference shots.

5. dragonoidso

Sorry for the late reply btw, I just got home.

6. dragonoidso

[​IMG]

Here's a gif of her showing her back just in case you're planning to include her backpack.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  7. dragonoidso

[​IMG]

I'm not really good with identifying which is which, but here's another pic of her hair with lighter coloring. I think this will help the artist create a more detailed hair.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. dragonoidso

Tell me if you guys need more! I'll be more than willing to give you more refs.

9. dragonoidso

upload_2016-4-18_13-52-46.png

This is her armor when she faces to the right.

10. dragonoidso

I feel like these refs aren't enough...
    Should I post more?

11. dragonoidso

this one is good ref gurranteed

12. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Was there supposed to be a picture attached to your post?

13. dragonoidso

hm i forgot.
    are you interested in making mumei?

14. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

@fleet might be able to write a Visual Novel starring her, but Flash modding isn't his thing :)

--------------​

If you have additional references then there's no harm in posting them. You shouldn't "hold back" good images until a modder commits to your project; that's just silly and self-defeating.

Requests sometimes linger for a long time before being fulfilled. The modding work itself involves a mixture of slow/tedious tasks (finding references and tracing them), intricate/challenging tasks (fitting and rigging), and artistic/creative tasks (re-shading a sprite for consistency with the scene contents; redrawing fabric pleats if the post in the reference image differs from the typical posture of the SDT girl, etc). If a modder is fond of a character then they may undertake this work enthusiastically. If they see her as "just another anime girl" then the modding workload will seem more daunting and the project will feel unrewarding.

You can't force a modder to fall in love with your character. But you can make the project more attractive to modders by doing some preparatory work on your own initiative: select your best side-view reference image(s) and then vector-trace each clothing item, so that modders are presented with a set of clean SVG files instead of raw reference images.