Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (1 Viewer)

Eyeherpes

Potential Patron
This is a texmod I threw together that replaces some paintings and tapestries in the game.

To use, open with the program Texmod. If you bought the game on steam you need to move texmod.exe into the same folder as the game launcher Reckoning.exe then rename the original launcher to something else like oldreckoning.exe while renaming texmod.exe to Reckoning.exe so it launches texmod when you start it in steam.
then through texmod select the old launcher and load this tpf file

Here is the latest version, updated 7/15/14 : View attachment Amaluring.7z

current version also replaces the stained glass in the House of Ballads and summer fae city

I haven't gotten very far in the game but I plan to expand on this mod in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Hello, and welcome to Gamevixenzone. Thank you for posting a link to your mod. :)

We really prefer that you directly upload mods here as attachments.

That way we don't have problems with broken links. :(

Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

Eyeherpes

Potential Patron
Hello, and welcome to Gamevixenzone. Thank you for posting a link to your mod. :)

We really prefer that you directly upload mods here as attachments.

That way we don't have problems with broken links. :(

Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

I hear ya, when I update it I'll upload it here. the link is to my own mediafire account so it should be stable, either way I'll upload here in the future.

Seraphine

Potential Patron
Looks awesome so far :D

Can't wait to see what else you add (Yes, I am aware that sounds disturbingly eager)

Hachiroku

Potential Patron
Side note: I'm trying to mod the textures for the rogue elf chick but anything I do is buggy. What file type should I be capturing the textures as and can I use gimp to edit them? bmp isn't working so far.

.DDS, .TGA, and .PNG are probably the best choices, in that order.

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
What all is changed by this? I could give you my TPF, maybe combine for a bigger edit. I've done a pantyless edit for Alyn Shir and replaced the paintings is all, if you haven't done those

jcli

Potential Patron
I've checked out Eyeherpes' TPF, it replaces various tapestries/paintings with a selection of nude art.

I've been working on an improved nude TPF for the player character(s). What's available right now either has pretty bad seams or splotchy lighting due to messy work and needless compression. We should get some informational exchange going here--finding the right textures/addresses is a real pain. I'm using the TGA file format for my work right now. Will post more later.

Eyeherpes

Potential Patron
I've checked out Eyeherpes' TPF, it replaces various tapestries/paintings with a selection of nude art.

I've been working on an improved nude TPF for the player character(s). What's available right now either has pretty bad seams or splotchy lighting due to messy work and needless compression. We should get some informational exchange going here--finding the right textures/addresses is a real pain. I'm using the TGA file format for my work right now. Will post more later.

I'm down for some file sharing. I've got png files of Alyn Shir that I think would be useful, loading them in game is glossy and weird but using dds or tga might fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

REK YA M7.EXE_0xA1D926AD.png REK YA M7.EXE_0x9530E9F5.png REK YA M7.EXE_0x3C4DD6D9.png
What all is changed by this? I could give you my TPF, maybe combine for a bigger edit. I've done a pantyless edit for Alyn Shir and replaced the paintings is all, if you haven't done those

I don't really know what I'm doing but I think at least for the main color texture it looks decent, I'm just fucking up trying to use dds in gimp. Also only really did the upper body so if you want to use these be my guest

jcli

Potential Patron
Eyeherpes, I fixed your Alyn Shir issue. Looks like you were missing the Alpha channel in 0x9530E9F5. I would recommend extracting and saving textures as TGA rather than DDS, PNG, BMP, or whatever--TGA is lossless and supports the extra channels. The file size is larger, but I think it's worth it: 4 MB versus 1 MB? Sure, why not.

I believe that the orange/red images seen in lots of these textures are parallax maps, which combine a normal map in the RGB channels and a height map in the Alpha channel. Together they smooth out the model and then provide bumps in places like where clothing meet skin. If either are missing, shit gets fucked up.

Here's the fixed parallax map TGA along with a TPF if you want to see how it looks. Note that the EXE name is different, but it'll work as long as you point your DEF file in the right direction.

Attachments

alynshirfix.7z
5.2 MB · Views: 578

Poplan

Content Creator
Please upload the whole mod here, I'll be thrice-damned if I enable javascript on mediafire.

Eyeherpes

Potential Patron
Please upload the whole mod here, I'll be thrice-damned if I enable javascript on mediafire.
View attachment Amaluring.7z
Here's a zip, next update I'll upload here instead of mediafire. Just need to grab some of the smaller sizes on a few banners and update some others.

- - - Updated - - -

Eyeherpes, I fixed your Alyn Shir issue. Looks like you were missing the Alpha channel in 0x9530E9F5. I would recommend extracting and saving textures as TGA rather than DDS, PNG, BMP, or whatever--TGA is lossless and supports the extra channels. The file size is larger, but I think it's worth it: 4 MB versus 1 MB? Sure, why not.

I believe that the orange/red images seen in lots of these textures are parallax maps, which combine a normal map in the RGB channels and a height map in the Alpha channel. Together they smooth out the model and then provide bumps in places like where clothing meet skin. If either are missing, shit gets fucked up.

Here's the fixed parallax map TGA along with a TPF if you want to see how it looks. Note that the EXE name is different, but it'll work as long as you point your DEF file in the right direction.

tried out the tpf, fixed the issue. Good work man and thanks for the tips. I guess there's no way around the modeling of her armor but it looks convincingly see through I think.

jcli

Potential Patron
Did a little more research today. Correcting myself: DDS is the better format to extract and save with if you are able to edit them, such as with Nvidia's DDS plugin for Photoshop or the DDS plugin for Gimp. Moreover, you have to be sure to save in the correct format. (Here's a good reference.) In our case, the difference is really just file size and mipmapping. Mipmapping isn't critical for us because we're editing a very limited set of textures, but it's probably a good habit to accommodate for it, especially since it's present in many of the extracted textures to begin with. Time to get back to work!

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
OP, nice mod. Amalur is one of those games I keep coming back for thanks to its spectacular combat. Starting it up with your mod and immediately seeing the effects in the tavern in Ayten was great :)

And advance thanks for anyone who puts a good nude mod together. My own frankenstein efforts are cobbled over an existing mod:

Ljosalfar mod preview.jpg

While I'm happy with it it has some problems already mentioned in this thread.

Update. Didn't want to necro a five year old post but I've had a request for this skin, so it's attached. It's two mods - one that gives all four playable races nude skins with tanlines, and the other which makes blue Ljosalfar caucasian (which is how I got the above image). For the Ljosalfar mod to run, you MUST have the Tanlines mod running as well, and you want the Ljosalfar mod ABOVE the Tanlines mod in Texmod's load order.

Attachments

KoAR Micksmod.7z
12.8 MB · Views: 502

Last edited:

Eyeherpes

Potential Patron
I have updated the file in the main post, been busy lately but should have a little more time in the next few weeks to tweak some of the textures and add some new ones.

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Wow. Hentai and stained glass really works. I don't think it'll catch on it in the real world, but...

For those of you who haven't tried, screens (about half a meg each):
stainedglassscreen01.jpg
stainedglassscreen02.jpg

It's a little daunting to look at all the banners and paintings and imagery that could be replaced. Here's one poster hoping you keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.