Kidnapped Daughter (1 Viewer)

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
DevilJinKazama said:
Her voice sounds pretty good to me.
The quality of one of the recordings wasn't too great, so that kinda brought it down..

But overall, she has a pretty sexy voice.

About the quality, I felt that way too actually. I mean, it's not present in most of the lines, but like..I think it's just how she has her mic positioned. Her swallow lines are a bit quieter than the rest of them too (I'll be fixing that before uploading the finished version though, don't worry).

I just hope the quality doesn't retract from the player's experience, heh. I think she did a pretty good job and we're looking forward to working together to bring you more projects in the future. She has a 'mature' and 'young girl' voice too, but I haven't figured out what I want to use these for yet. I might use the 'young girl' voice for my Runaway Girl dialogue, but we'll see.

Thank you for your input! She really hopes to meet to your expectations :3

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Heh..great! Glad to hear it! Yeah, her voice is pretty good for this, but like..I'm just a little worried because I've already asked her to re-record some stuff twice (to remove background noise). Now I realize there are probably 15-20 lines with too much distortion (basically, she was too close to the mic, so some of the words sound loud).

I can't possibly ask to re-record again though. I mean..she knows what the problem is now and I honestly don't think she would have a problem re-recording these, but I've already asked for so much from her. She's my friend too. I don't want her to feel like I'm telling her she's doing it wrong or something, ya know?

So, I'm going to take my losses here and just settle for the 15-20 bad apples out of the 182. The next dialogue won't have these issues since she won't record so close to it next time. I hope people will cut her some slack since this is her first voiced dialogue. There's bound to be mistakes made.

Anyway, just try not to focus too much on the negatives when you hear it, guys. MOST of it is good and that's the important thing, I think.

Steinman516

Potential Patron
Agree'd it happens, I wouldn't stress out about the audio issue's too much. Just keep moving foward, that's only way to do it. Cant wait to "hear" the swf import!

DevilJinKazama

Potential Patron
Considering this is a first for the both of you, there's bound to be some little things that aren't perfect.

I'm pretty sure she'll make me personally forget about the bad things rather easily ;)

I'm wondering, though.. have you told her how her voice will end up being used?

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
DevilJinKazama said:
Considering this is a first for the both of you, there's bound to be some little things that aren't perfect.

I'm pretty sure she'll make me personally forget about the bad things rather easily ;)

I'm wondering, though.. have you told her how her voice will end up being used?

Hahaha. Yes, she knows very well how her voice will end up being used. I don't think I could have asked her to record 182 lines such as this, without her knowing the purpose of them, right?

I made sure (actually, I double and even triple checked) she knew what she was getting into before agreeing to do this. She just told me she didn't mind and multiple guys have told her that they have fapped to her voice before, so this is nothing new to her, heh. She's got a rather perverted mind, such as myself, anyway.

Most importantly though, she has been wanting new projects as of lately to help her with her voice acting since that's what she hopes to get into someday (me too actually :3). So, this will give her some new experience by voicing for different characters, personalities, etc. This is also helping me with my writing skills as well, so it's a win-win really.

DevilJinKazama

Potential Patron
It's win-win-win, actually.

She wins with the voice acting, you win with the writing, and the community wins with her sexy voice to fap over ;)

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
DevilJinKazama said:
It's win-win-win, actually.

She wins with the voice acting, you win with the writing, and the community wins with her sexy voice to fap over ;)

I guess you're right, haha. Sometimes I forget there will be guys fapping to our work X3

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for this, Anon! I'm a little confused as to why, "-mm!" sounds different from the rest though (sounds like it's in the background for some reason), and "-agh!" is practically inaudible. Both of these play fine and are at the same sound level as the others, so this is weird. Regardless, there are 182 lines here, so even if a few swing-and-miss, it should be fine.

I'm going to be adding this to the first post now with a couple of notes.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I do have an idea as to what is causing it, if you can tell me exactly which ones are too loud and too quiet, I can try to adjust it in the morning.

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Anonymous said:
I do have an idea as to what is causing it, if you can tell me exactly which ones are too loud and too quiet, I can try to adjust it in the morning.

Interrupt_2 and Interrupt_5. Also, I just noticed..is there any way you can get first_throat_8 out slightly faster? The "I" at the beginning doesn't come out completely. I hope it's not too much of a hassle X3

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
2 and 5 are quiet and the rest are fine? and 1st Throat 8 I might be able to give it a spacer or something I'll just throw it into audacity.

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Anonymous said:
2 and 5 are quiet and the rest are fine? and 1st Throat 8 I might be able to give it a spacer or something I'll just throw it into audacity.

No no. In the game, interrupt_2 sounds loud as if she's in the background though. Interrupt_5 doesn't even sound audible.

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Anonymous said:
So 2 is loud as fuck, and 5 is quiet?

I'm talking about in-game, lol. If you play them in Winamp, they sound fine. Ahhh..I don't know what happened >_<

Anyway, maybe we just shouldn't worry about it. Let it be. I do wonder though..why do some of these lines sound clearer in Winamp, but more distorted in-game? It seems so random. Some of them remain clear in-game while being clear in Winamp as well, but I don't know..has this sort of thing ever happened before? I mean with the audio not playing exactly like it sounds in Winamp (or whatever other audio program you use).

EDIT: I also noticed she repeats herself after a cough for some reason. Did I do something wrong? ;o;

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
TetsuyaHikari said:
Anonymous said:
So 2 is loud as fuck, and 5 is quiet?

I'm talking about in-game, lol. If you play them in Winamp, they sound fine. Ahhh..I don't know what happened >_<

Anyway, maybe we just shouldn't worry about it. Let it be. I do wonder though..why do some of these lines sound clearer in Winamp, but more distorted in-game? It seems so random. Some of them remain clear in-game while being clear in Winamp as well, but I don't know..has this sort of thing ever happened before? I mean with the audio not playing exactly like it sounds in Winamp (or whatever other audio program you use).

EDIT: I also noticed she repeats herself after a cough for some reason. Did I do something wrong? ;o;
I use WMP, I haven't used Winamp since they started packaging spyware in it, or atleast when I ran malwarebytes it would find shit after install.

So I believe I fixed everything.

The quality issue was fixed thanks to Modguy pointing out that Flash was defaulting to 16kbps bitrate.

I fixed first_throat8 by reloading the audio file because Flash glitched when loading the file.

I fixed interrupt5 by changing the volume on the code in flash

I fixed interrupt2, Flash kept loading the file and it had no sound, the file basically didn't like being an mp3, so I encoded it as a .wav and now it works perfectly fine.

Kidnapped Daughter SWF

If there are any other bugs, let me know. I try to do my best.

Steinman516

Potential Patron
Probably too much to go back and fix now, but for future refference you have to cut out the parts where you can hear your self clicking the mouse to stop recording. Also, to get rid of room tone interferance you should build a room condencer around the mic. Basically taking a cardboard box, putting a stocking over it, and having the mic in the middle. EXAMPLE:

Attachments

• EXAMPLE.PNG
    EXAMPLE.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 504

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Steinman516 said:
Probably too much to go back and fix now, but for future refference you have to cut out the parts where you can hear your self clicking the mouse to stop recording. Also, to get rid of room tone interferance you should build a room condencer around the mic. Basically taking a cardboard box, putting a stocking over it, and having the mic in the middle. EXAMPLE:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.