[PSX] Kensei : Sacred Fist (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
(Note: Click on any thumbnail to see the image in full resolution)

In an era when games like Tekken 3, Virtua Fighter 2 and Dead Or Alive ruled the fighting games genre (in terms of ryona as well) , most people didn't even pay attention to the gem called Kensei. But not this little gamer! Kensei remains in my top 5 favourite fighting games AND favourite ryona games even today, and I'd be remiss if I didn't share it with you guys.

Being a PSX game, it obviously doesn't have the graphics of today's games, but its graphics were top-notch at the time and the polygons still look very beautiful. The framerate is also good, however that's only because this is one of the slowest fighting games ever made, making the player rely on strategy rather than reflexes. But for us ryona lovers, that counts as a definite plus as you can savour each move! And don't worry, moves like the backbreakers are performed fast enough for you to almost feel the pain along with the female victim!

Ah yes, the moves, what has really drawn me into Kensei. There is a huge abundance of moves for each character, and each of them has quite a few grabs as well, including - get this- ground grabs for three of the characters (two of which are females and the other is a male wrestler perfect for male-to-female ryona lovers). No other non-wrestling PSX game has that many, and it's even greater how you can stay on the ground however long you wish, and that all characters have stomping moves! And between the great sound effects, abruptly fast attack animations and sheer innovativity on the developers' part, the Kensei fighters' moves pack a LOT of pain. Here are some examples to appeal to your ryona side :

* Two of the girls can sit on an opponent as she's laying on the ground and start punching their face or sideribs respectively... forever! Or until they decide to show mercy and end it ... by applying a thunderous armbar!

* David the wrestler has a lot of bone-cracking grabs as well as power moves, including a continuous quadruple powerbombing. But it's even greater how, as he initiates a grab, he holds on to the Victim and is then able to push her around switching among several positions, including throwing her down and up from the ground, as if she was a rag doll instead of a human giving her no chance to even whimper. And after this humiliation, he executes the painful move he had in store... gotta love this guy!

* Ann has a move where she run-jumps on top of her (standing) opponent's head and violently stomps on it, until the Victim is almost crouching. Then she sommersaults upwards while kicking the Victim's face backwards, causing her to have a crouching lower body and pushed-back upper body. Then just like that she lands right on top of the Victim's head bringing it harshly onto the ground, not only applying pain to her face (which must be excruciating seeing as how the back of her head already hurts from the previous stomping) but also practically cracks her spine in little pieces. Ann stands there gallantly for a few seconds before casually getting off.

* Cindy has a chain grab which is a real pain for her opponent's nether area. First she grabs her upper thighs from behind and drops her back, stretching her nethers wide open. Then she crouches in front of her and directly punches her nethers. And afterwards she grabs each of the Victim's legs as she stands up. Her opponent is now pleading her not to do it, but she cruelly rises her high-heeled foot and SHARPLY launches it into the Victim's nethers, causing her a visible amount of huge pain. The camera unfortunately doesn't focus on the downed girl's face, but it does focus on Cindy as she shows an expression of pure pleasure.

I could ramble for hours more, but I'd rather stop here as I have to give you the links at some point! The game begins with 8 characters, but after unlocking them you get 20 characters of which 6 are female - not bad at all for a PSX fighter!

So here's the link. You can use 7-Zip to unzip it - don't forget to insert the password located at the bottom of this box when prompted.
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2gdmac3tfbsoy2g

Password : Ryonani
In case you play the it on ePSXe, click here to download a savestate for it with all characters unlocked.

That's all from me, I hope I convinced to at least give Kensei : Sacred Fist a try - you will definitely not regret it. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
That save game obviously doesn't work with the NTSC-U version, but there's one on Gamefaqs that does.

There's some great stuff in this game, I just wish the combo throws weren't so hard to pull off. At least its not as ridiculously complicated as the Tekken games. >.>

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Note : This is the PAL version of the game. In case you want the NTSC version (...)
What's the difference between PAL and NTSC? I've done a little research and it seems that PAL is europe, and NTSC is USA, but I've also learned that PAL is a method to reduce color errors in pictures.
Does it makes a difference which version I download when I want to use an emulator anyway?

Mardion

Potential Patron
What's the difference between PAL and NTSC? I've done a little research and it seems that PAL is europe, and NTSC is USA, but I've also learned that PAL is a method to reduce color errors in pictures.
Does it makes a difference which version I download when I want to use an emulator anyway?

It doesn't make much of a difference in an emulator, it's mostly imporant for people who wish to write it on CD/DVD and insert it into their consoles. Then again, someone might want the NTSC version since most savegames in Gamefaqs are meant for the NTSC versions.

There are supposed to be differences between the two formats, like how PAL runs at 50fps while NTSC runs at 60fps, but these are pretty much minor. Click here for a bit more info.

tl;dr, for emulators, just act as though NTSC and PAL are the same thing.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I love cindy, kazane, kornelia and yuli...they are so much fun to beat up...

All but the loli and the Amazoness then? You must have specific height requirements :p

The girls I liked to select to have beat up were Yuli (in her blue dress mostly) and Saya, because I liked their outfits (and potential upskirts, especially against David's arm-breaker performed when he grabs a grounded character from the side). I selected Ann a few times as her outfit is great too, but usually refrained from it as she's so visibly strong that it's hard to imagine her being defeated in fights all the time.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Oh, I can imagine it... the tall, strong one being worn down by her opponents until she no longer has the strength to fight back and has to take everything her opponent wants to dish out to her...

Zekapa

Potential Patron
I'm having trouble getting either that savestate and the one available on Gamefaqs to work with my ePsxe (v1.8.0).

Could you per chance give me some tips or a tutorial regarding how to "apply" the save file, so to speak? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mardion

Potential Patron
The savestate was created with ePSXe v 1.6.0 , so it is unlikely to play on another version. The one on GameFAQs is a .gme file, so you'll have to find a program that converts it to a format ePSXe understands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.