1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

izumi Shimomura Hair style

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by Leiws ad, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Leiws ad

Leiws ad Guest

3bae0259f45b74accf9091da734f1955.jpg 551d5e6bf7aac52850577eb19fac0e37.jpg [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello i would like an izumi Shimomura hairstyle here's some reference but i can find more if you want and if it can't be made that's okay

Attached Files:

Hellfie likes this.
  2. stuntcock

stuntcock Staff Member Moderator

Hello @Leiws ad. Welcome to the Undertow forum.

Please take a look at the request rules. In particular, we require side-view reference images in order to create SDT imports.

There doesn't seem to be much fanart of this character. It might be easier to watch the anime series and then take screenshots when Izumi is shown in profile. Please remember to host your images offsite instead of attaching them. For example: the "Remote Upload Images" button at the bottom of this page allows you to upload files to imgur.

3. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Content Creator

@Leiws ad: Hello. Two things about requests:
    • Resolution of images is very important for modders, the better the resolution, the better the tracing. So when you look for references, use Google Image search and get the best resolution as possible: the 3rd image is available at 1256x1820 px. The reference you provided is useless, because its resolution is too low and the modder that will bother to look for other resolutions may not found the same images because you cropped it, making the search of this image with Google impossible.
    • Do no attach images to your posts. This feature is for useful content such as mods or dialogues, not references. Upload images on Imgur instead.
    @any-modder-that-may-take-this-request: I started editing the 1256x1820 px version of the 3rd reference with paint.net, but I stopped as It would take too much time to make something with it and anyway, the result would be mediocre.
    You may use it as a reference, but mind that it is not a canonical picture of this caracter and that the lighting is not adequate.

Here's my crappy cutout:

[​IMG]

I also found this drawing by Watanuki Kaname on Gelbooru, but it is also not canonical:
    [​IMG]

4. Hellfie

Hellfie Potential Patron

I did my best and put your cutout in hair file:

Attached Files:

5. SyntaxTerror

This is a good job for a first hair mod.
    However, you should try to use the UNDER layer (top-right of the template) to show more of her ear. That would maybe require to le some strands in the TOP layer.
    Doing so would also allow to see the cum stick to the hair, while it doesn't appear on hair drawn in the TOP layer.
    I explain how to do this in my Static Hair Tutorial (link in my signature).
    Also, the basic ref can be made less pixelated using waifu2x (but it wont work on a cutout on an alpha background, the original ref has to be taken and all the cutting work redone).
    Good luck and send us more hair mods! :wink:

6. Hellfie

Hellfie Potential Patron

Oh, if you're still here - then I need your help a little: I have a 6 enough good screens in side-view, but don't know which one of them would be better to cut. You have some experience in this, so I thought - maybe you tell me which one will be looking more good? Here is archive with screens.

P.S.: if you can crop it instead me - I will be over the moon

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. SyntaxTerror

@Hellfie: these screenshots are quite useless because their resolution is too low to make a cutout.
    [​IMG]
    The strands and skin are too mixed to make something good, and it is not possible to cutout the hair, either with the magic wand or the eraser.

Even with waifu2 the result too blurry:
    [​IMG]

Please remove the archive from the attachement system as it wastes server space.

8. Hellfie

Hellfie Potential Patron

Yep, they are. It's video in 720p, loaded on sibnet and captured by bandicam to make this screens. Quality here is as bad as it should be, I only needed your advice about perspective on picture, which one is better. But if you're agree with my idea burden cutout on you, then you better know that I found the original in 1080p, but with 1.5 Gb size and 10 Kb/s speed it will be only on monday I guess.
    Until then, can you tell me - how do you gonna crop her haircut? No magic, just photoshop skills? :D
    I've seen your works and if all of them are just cutouts from some screens like this - I'm very amazed, they look clear enough.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  9. Hellfie

Hellfie Potential Patron

Seven screens now, don't know which one I skipped previous time. They aren't very good too, but there's no same frames in 1920x1080, because only first season of this anime was in 1080p, these pictures from second. Leiws (request creator) maybe will never see this thread again, so I don't have much enthusiasm for searching whole 13 episodes.
    Anyway, thanks for this man. I don't know about all of you, here in undertow, but how I can see - you're part of a good comunity in this place, so keep going same. Appreciate your help dude, really - thanks.
    I will :)