Issues with dialogue speed (1 Viewer)

atkope1212

Potential Patron
Hey all, long time lurker trying to make their own dialogue. The guides on here have been a huge help so far but I've hit a roadblock. The dialogue I currently have is fairly comprehensive in terms of line count which may be the cause of my problem but I just wanted to get some other ideas just in case.

As for the issue itself, basically when dialogue is happening during the non-intro / scripted sequences, it's playing dialogue constantly, meaning that the dialogue never shuts up for a second. This can lead to some prompts being skipped and causes issues with scripted sequences. Eg: dialogue to change position is cut short and replaced with line from the [general] section.

If anyone has any idea what I can do to fix this I would super appreciate it.

Eva-2X

Content Creator
I'm not sure to understand your problem.
Is it tied to the mod called "dialoguespeed.swf" made by sby?
Do you have install the (latest) dialog patch (v5) made by sby?
Do you use value to split scripted sequence from general line?

Last edited:

atkope1212

Potential Patron
DialogueSpeed.swf is not the issue for certain.

DialoguePatch is installed and is being loaded but as far as I know I haven't been using it properly. It may help me solve this issue as I was not aware how I should use it. I shall continue looking into this for now.

Eva-2X

Content Creator
here is the "functional" order (if not optimal) for loading dialog mods without conflict.
$Init$ folder / mods.txt
SDTDialogueActions.swf
DialogPatchv5.swf
MoreTriggersv2.2.mod

PS: dialogdisplayedit and dialoguespeed can be load from character folders, but you can load them through INIT folder, after the 3 mods above.

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
It could be a simple matter of how dialogue lines are queued. Adding ББББББ to the end of your lines gives a pause before the next line is displayed. The more characters you use, the longer the pause.
This helps prevent lines running back to back.

Would you be willing to post your dialogue? Might help to take a look at it directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.