1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRC Chat problems?

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by thesteedman, Jan 22, 2016.

1. thesteedman

thesteedman Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

Hello! Not sure if its just me or not, but as of late I've had a fair few troubles when trying to join the chat room of the site.

Instead of loading, it comes up with a message saying "Flash Policy Problem.." and then follows with more information for if you are the owner.

Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me? If it is just me, is there a work around to this issue?

Thanks!
    Hope all is well with you guys!

Edit: I've downloaded an IRC program that I can use as an alternative, but I'm not sure how to get to the chat. Could someone reccomend a server to use and give me the name of the actual channel of the chat? I might be able to get in that way. =)

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Unrelated

Unrelated Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

The chat's still around. #Undertow on irc.undertow.club:6667
    (Edit2: stuff about other servers removed)

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah, the flash client is giving me the same error.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for reporting it. It's fixed now. I suggest using HexChat and just connecting directly with the info UR provided. I don't particularly see a need for a backup channel considering there's rarely anything wrong with the IRC server itself. The Flash client is just fickle about connecting to it.

4. thesteedman

thesteedman Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

kks! Cheers for the help guys :D