1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injustice 2!

Discussion in 'Games' started by puca, Jun 15, 2016.

1. puca

puca Casual Client

Didn't see a thread about it, thought I'd start one.

Supergirl confirmed for Injustice 2! Anyone else stoked? Netherrealms even seems to have gotten better at modeling female faces!

Aquaman super on Supergirl here (around 9:05 if the timestamp doesn't work):

As a side note, I really liked Injustice 1's gameplay and story. I'm really excited for the game outside of its ryona potential.

Rag40 likes this.
  2. Rag40

Rag40 Avid Affiliate

Nice to see Supergirl make the cut. Some of the supers and stage transitions should be pretty cool.

Unfortunately, my main issue with Injustice is still present with the sequel. There are no KO animations. Whenever someone gets defeated, they get back up and then go into some canned kneeling animation. I wish they just got laid out from whatever move you used to finish them off and stayed in that unique KO animation.

Hopefully, they give us some cool winning animations for some of the fighters where they do something to their defeated foe. Like what Black Adam had in the first game:

Stuff like that is cool. But yeah, bummed they are going with the canned animations again for the defeated fighters. My ryona tastes are unfortunately focused around KO and death animations. Don't get me wrong, the moves can be cool too, but it's ultimately the moment of defeat that I look for.

But yeah, I don't mean to be such a pessimist, lol. I am sure the game will be cool and I will definitely play through the story mode at least once.

3. puca

puca Casual Client

Mmm, yeah, hopefully they keep some of those victor poses, or give us new ones! Black Adam's was great, and off the top of my head I liked Sinestro's too, where he clamped them in manacles and suspended them in the air. Joker's and Ares' were good bad ends too.

4. kubi mage

kubi mage Vivacious Visitor

Unfortunately, after watching the gameplay footage from E3 it looks like they took the elaborate victory poses and dumbed them down greatly; just a short 5-second action ending in a slow-mo character closeup. I guess they did this since a lot of people complained about the long victory poses in the first game, but it sucks if there's not going to be anything on the level of that Black Adam pose.

5. onlinehero

onlinehero Swell Supporter

Liked the first game too, it was okay ryona game. Will see what the sequel is like later.
    Ohh, and that's the ugliest Supergirl I've seen yet :(

6. fu11m3ta11

fu11m3ta11 Vivacious Visitor

Ehhhhhh, we can leave that up to opinion. I think they got a lot better with MKX over Injustice 1 and MK9, but Supergirl`s face seems to be a big step back imo.

7. morosenoodle

morosenoodle Avid Affiliate

The victor poses were really what made Injustice for me. I'm not that big a fan of "move" ryona - grabs, throws, strikes etc - unless there's some kind of DiD payoff in the end; finishing moves are ideal, but a good winpose can improve a ryona experience for me a hundred-fold. Joker, Black Adam, whoever it was that did that bondage pose, etc.

If Injustice 2 takes the winposes out, I'll have to give it a pass, unfortunately. :(

8. puca

puca Casual Client

Heh, guess I'm the only one :P Really, I think a big part of this are the horrible shadows they have going at the moment.