Injustice 2! (1 Viewer)

puca

Club Regular
Didn't see a thread about it, thought I'd start one.

Supergirl confirmed for Injustice 2! Anyone else stoked? Netherrealms even seems to have gotten better at modeling female faces!

Aquaman super on Supergirl here (around 9:05 if the timestamp doesn't work):

As a side note, I really liked Injustice 1's gameplay and story. I'm really excited for the game outside of its ryona potential.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Nice to see Supergirl make the cut. Some of the supers and stage transitions should be pretty cool.

Unfortunately, my main issue with Injustice is still present with the sequel. There are no KO animations. Whenever someone gets defeated, they get back up and then go into some canned kneeling animation. I wish they just got laid out from whatever move you used to finish them off and stayed in that unique KO animation.

Hopefully, they give us some cool winning animations for some of the fighters where they do something to their defeated foe. Like what Black Adam had in the first game:

Stuff like that is cool. But yeah, bummed they are going with the canned animations again for the defeated fighters. My ryona tastes are unfortunately focused around KO and death animations. Don't get me wrong, the moves can be cool too, but it's ultimately the moment of defeat that I look for.

But yeah, I don't mean to be such a pessimist, lol. I am sure the game will be cool and I will definitely play through the story mode at least once.

puca

Club Regular
Mmm, yeah, hopefully they keep some of those victor poses, or give us new ones! Black Adam's was great, and off the top of my head I liked Sinestro's too, where he clamped them in manacles and suspended them in the air. Joker's and Ares' were good bad ends too.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Unfortunately, after watching the gameplay footage from E3 it looks like they took the elaborate victory poses and dumbed them down greatly; just a short 5-second action ending in a slow-mo character closeup. I guess they did this since a lot of people complained about the long victory poses in the first game, but it sucks if there's not going to be anything on the level of that Black Adam pose.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Liked the first game too, it was okay ryona game. Will see what the sequel is like later.
Ohh, and that's the ugliest Supergirl I've seen yet :(

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
The victor poses were really what made Injustice for me. I'm not that big a fan of "move" ryona - grabs, throws, strikes etc - unless there's some kind of DiD payoff in the end; finishing moves are ideal, but a good winpose can improve a ryona experience for me a hundred-fold. Joker, Black Adam, whoever it was that did that bondage pose, etc.

If Injustice 2 takes the winposes out, I'll have to give it a pass, unfortunately. :(

puca

Club Regular
Ehhhhhh, we can leave that up to opinion. I think they got a lot better with MKX over Injustice 1 and MK9, but Supergirl`s face seems to be a big step back imo.
Heh, guess I'm the only one :P Really, I think a big part of this are the horrible shadows they have going at the moment.

puca

Club Regular
New Supergirl looks much better :D

Apparently there will be 31 characters + 9 DLC characters. It'll likely follow Netherrealms' usual procedure of releasing an Ultimate edition a year later with all characters.

kubi mage

Club Regular
There was a roster leak as well from someone who saw designs for the mobile game.

Poison Ivy (who was in the story trailer), Catwoman, Black Canary, and Cheetah

Plus there's a pre-order costume for Supergirl that turns her into Power Girl. Not sure if she'll get a new voice like John Stewart and Zoom will, but WHO CARES, IT'S POWER GIRL.

Oh, and Black Adam will be coming back to rub in the fact that he won't have his glorious old victory pose. RIP

Even if the elaborate victory scenes are gone, hopefully the story at least will have some perilous situations for them all :)

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Here's the story trailer that kubi mage is talking about for anyone who hasn't seen it:

Not only do we get a glimpse of some of the female characters, but we've got Bane coming back and the introduction of Darkseid. So let's hope the big boys can give us some more ryona to work with!

Rag40

Swell Supporter
kubi mage kubi mage
Yeah, it says that Power Girl will have her own look, voice and dialogue. I guess all of her animations and moves will be the same, though. Still, I guess we will take what we can get, lol.

I am still pissed that we don't get any KO animations at the end of a fight. We get the stupid, "let me stand back up just to kneel back down" animation. It looks more like what you would see when the time runs out in any other fighting game. The fighter with less health will kneel down in defeat. As a KO fan, this kind of destroys any chance of decent ryona for me.

Well, at least we may get some decent looking Super Move animations. Also, some of the stage transitions could be pretty nice. Like others have mentioned, I don't know if we will get any cool looking victory animations that utilize the victim like we got in the first Injustice, but here's hoping we do.

There is a stream coming up this Tuesday afternoon that should give us some new gameplay, by the way. I will definitely be checking that out.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
WB Games Has Released a trailer Showcasing Catwoman , Poison Ivy and Cheetah and They also showed a First Look at Poison Ivy Gameplay and they showed an very interesting Special move of her , She summons a Big Man-Eating Plant that wraps around her Opponent then it pulls her opponent into its mouth then it swallows her opponent whole , Sadly in the Trailer She did this to a man but the game is full of Sexy Ladies like Wonder Woman , Supergirl , Catwoman and Others

KingR

Vivacious Visitor

So Poison Ivy got her own introduction video and she is looking good. She has a sweet super move that goes all out vore and a kiss grab at 1:00. IMO she is probably the hottest character in the game so far. You also get to see her in pain from a Bane stomp move at 0:34 (not the classic backbreaker tho D: I am really hoping the backbreaker gets a return.)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster

So Poison Ivy got her own introduction video and she is looking good. She has a sweet super move that goes all out vore and a kiss grab at 1:00. IMO she is probably the hottest character in the game so far. You also get to see her in pain from a Bane stomp move at 0:34 (not the classic backbreaker tho D: I am really hoping the backbreaker gets a return.)

I can't wait to see her making her Super Vore move on the Ladies of DC

kubi mage

Club Regular
Well the game's out now and the high-fidelity models are pretty amazing to see in motion, especially in the story. One thing I can say is that out of pretty much all the characters in the story, Harley gets put through the peril wringer more than anyone else in this game and since I like Harley (even though Tara Strong doing her voice will never sound right to me) I enjoyed it.

She gets:
-bound by vines, hanged upside down
-fear gassed by Scarecrow
-knocked out offscreen and body dumped onscreen
-mind-controlled
-carried
-dies for a minute and gets defibrillated
-impaled with a sword, has the wound cauterized
-carried again

In terms of how much of a beating they get, Harley is top, Supergirl is second. Wonder Woman is third but disappointing, even though she's become a petty bitch villian in this game hardly any time is spent humiliating her. The rest of the ladies have even fewer scenes than WW.

Can I recommend buying it? Not sure. The story is great but if you want to see everything it has to offer someone will youtube it in no time. Unfortunately the game itself doesn't lend itself well to ryona normally and as usual the in-game voices and sound effects are on the same channel, so can't easily rip the pain voices from the game. KOes outside of story mode just have the usual disappointing thing where they stand up again and do an unhappy pose. I have yet to try multiverse mode but I doubt it will change things much. Sucks because there's a skin that turns Cheetah into Vixen and Starfire is coming as DLC, so if the base game had any potential they would certainly add to it.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks kubi mage kubi mage , I game mainly now on PC so i can't play the game now but I am sure there will be dozens of Ryona videos in no time , I myself can't wait to see a Vore Compilation video on all the ladies

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Thanks for the info, kubi mage.

Sucks that the voices and sound effects are linked under the same category. No idea why they do that. Also can't believe they kept that silly kneel down animation at the end of every fight, but I won't beat that dead horse, lol.

Going to be playing through the story once the game arrives and see how it is. I know that most people seem to be happy the QTEs are gone from the story mode, but I am kind of upset about that. Was hoping we would have some QTEs to dramatically fail and watch the consequences, lol. Oh well.

Still, sounds like there is some decent peril during the story mode. Doesn't Canary get choked with one of Braniac's tentacles at some point? Saw that in one of the trailers. She is probably my fave out of the bunch as I like the biker style gear they gave her so I was hoping she would get her butt whooped during the story. But I am going to play it soon, so I will find out how everything goes then.

Take care.

kubi mage

Club Regular
R Rag40 Right you are, that does happen. I didn't mean nothing happens to anyone else, just that beyond those two everyone else only gets like one or two scenes. Canary gets hers though.

Honestly I'm already getting kind of bored with it now that I've finished the story. I don't like how it controls or plays to begin with and for some reason it has a permanent motion blur effect that can't be disabled. Some of the moves that I want to see are stuck behind the gear unlocking wall with seemingly no reliable way to unlock them since it's all random. It's too bad because I tried out the Power Girl skin and even in this age of more modestly-proportioned Netherrealm models, by some miracle they actually gave her a sizable rack. It's such a waste.

Last edited:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
I think the best thing about this game is how great the female character models look and what this means for MKXI. That game is going to be nuts, lol.

Oh, and I do love the extensive customization options they put into this game and I would love for that to carry over to the next MK. Couldn't care less if they added no stats or abilities. I would just love to have all those different clothing options rather than be stuck with one or two alt outfits. Also, it might give me a chance to give Cassie Cage a haircut that doesn't make me cringe, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.