Include dialogue into mod? (1 Viewer)

ds14048

Content Creator
First I did search so I apologize if I missed it.
Is it possible to include my custom dialogue into my next character mod?
By dialogue I mean just the plain text type. Thanks

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is it possible to include my custom dialogue into my next character mod?
By dialogue I mean just the plain text type. Thanks
Yes, that's possible.

If you're distributing your character in the form of a character folder (i.e. a ZIP file which people download and then extract into their SDT\Mods subfolder) then it's fairly straightforward.

If you'd prefer to make things more convenient by putting the costume, hairstyle, background image, and dialogue all together in one SWF file then that's also possible. It's a bit annoying because you can't just copy-paste your dialogue TXT file into AS3 code; you'll need to do a bit of reformatting work.

Code:
resistance:"I can't go any deeper."
becomes
Code:
registerDialogue("resistance","I can't go any deeper.");

The original advantage of a dialogue SWF is that you could easily attach an MP3 audio file to each line. @Pim_gd's work has added this capability to TXT dialogue files, so now there's little reason to prepare a SWF file -- unless you want to give users the convenience of a foolproof all-in-one package. SWF dialogue files are also vanilla-compatible, but most SDT players are voluntarily using the Loader already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.