I'm computer illiterate and need hand holding. (1 Viewer)

V

Vyktor

So, it's been a long, LONG time since I last played SDT. It popped up on the e621 search one night, and it was like a blast from the past. So I'll get right into my dilemma.

I've been fruitlessly combing through these boards for 2 days now. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to apply (or even download) mods. I see contributors say "Here you go, enjoy!" followed by tons of "Thanks man, you're so awesome!"

...yet I can never seem to find what it is they uploaded.

I've figured out how to copy-paste character codes into the "Custom Save Data" slot, but that only goes so far.

I can't find outfits, hair files, etc. etc.

I remember it used to be as easy as saving an image, and then uploading it in the applicable file...but for the life of me, this is too difficult for me to figure out myself.

Can some kind soul guide me through this? I'm growing increasingly frustrated with my own dumbassery.

Nigida

Potential Patron
It's still as easy as saving the image file of the hair to your computer.

Let's take Mineurs thread http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=76.0 as an example: To download a hair for the game, scroll down a litte bit to the first hair on his list. That would be of a character from the Naruto series by the name of Konan. You either click on the picture of the hair or on the name of the hair: "Konan.png"

If you click on the name of the hair you will be asked where to save the file on your computer. You can also click on the picture itself. It will then open in a new browser windows in full size. If you want to download it you can right-click the picture to get a context menu with different options. One of these options will allow you to save the file to your computer.

Move the hair file to the same folder in which you saved the game. I assume you use the flash projector to play the game. If you don't have it go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html and click the link "Download the Windows Flash Player 11.7 Projector (EXE, 9.72MB)" to download it. Save that in the same folder as the other files as well.

Now open the "SDT_1_21_1b.swf" file with the "flashplayer_11_sa.exe". Click "Play". Now you have to press "i" on your keyboard for the modding tab of the game. On the left side you will see the import options. If you want to import that Konan hair that you saved to your computer you will have to click on the "Hair..." button in the imports options. Now navigate to the folder where you saved all of you SDT game files, choose you "Konan.png" file and save it. If you did everything right you should see the hair on the characters head.

The process of using background files for the game is the same. The only difference is that you will have to load these files ingame with the "Background..." button in the imports options to have them appear as background images.

There is another file type that is used to load hair or clothing into the game: swf-files. These are often dynamic (moving) hairs. Look in this thread for an example: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=921.0

Click on the spoiler button below the "Fairy Tail" entry to see the Erza Scarlet hair. To save it you will have to click the "Erza Scarlet.swf" link below the first picture. Save the file in the same location as your other game files. Go to the modding tab in the game and click the "Swf Mod..." button in the imports. Choose the "Erza Scarlet.swf" file and save it. Again, if you did everything right you should now have loaded a dynamic hair file into the game.

I hope I could help you with this, have fun with the game.

A

Albioni

One question that i think speaks for more than just myself...

What about .fla files?

Synonymous

Content Creator
Albioni said:
One question that i think speaks for more than just myself...

What about .fla files?
Those are source files, don't bother.

Basically
.swf (mods in general)
.png (hair/background)
.jpg (background)
.txt (dialogues)
.mod (old mods)
.fla (flash source)

Vyktor said:
I see contributors say "Here you go, enjoy!" followed by tons of "Thanks man, you're so awesome!"
...yet I can never seem to find what it is they uploaded.
Check their signature, they usually have a link to a main thread with all the goods in one place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.