1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idoro's Ryona Art Gallery.

Discussion in 'Visual Art' started by Idoro, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator

Greetings one and all and welcome to my ryona art gallery. Here, I'll display art pieces of mine that have to do with ryona, as well as some character sketches I've done that don't really belong anywhere else.

I got my start in drawing as early as age 4, back in 1992 when I first drew all 4 ninja turtles on the back of a placemat in a local restaurant. From there, my interests in drawing through the years moved to video games like Mortal Kombat, TV shows like Power Rangers, and then into the late 90's with the first major appearance of anime in American TV programming.

I liked the anime-style drawings so much that I formed the basis of my own style around it. DBZ heavily defined my style in the 6th-8th grades of school, soon followed by anime like Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha which pushed me to start drawing female characters as well. Since then, I've now primarily drawn female characters and in recent years, most of my focus has been ryona-based.

I plan to have several sections to catalogue my art in this thread- one for general art, one for BoK-related art, and the last for Ryona City-related art. So with the introduction out of the way, I now bring you some of the major pieces I've drawn since joining Ryonani!

Click on one of the tabs below to expand the art selections I've chosen for each category.

GENERAL ART

[​IMG]
    Shyne vs Roadkill Rodney
    One of the first pieces I did after joining Ryonani showcasing my favorite original character, Shyne! Looks like a Roadkill Rodney from the Ninja Turtles 1987 cartoon has mistaken her for one of its primary targets, giving her quite the shock!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ryona Theater (unused concepts)
    Before creating Blades of Kriegmar, I was thinking of making a visual fiction thread similar in premise to the show Tales from the Crypt. In it, the host would recant the tale of various heroines forced into perilous situations. In many cases the stories would end unhappily for the heroine, resulting in their capture, brainwashing, ruin, or even death. But there'd be the occasional happy ending too!

The host is the first person pictured, whose appearance I was going to base on a cross between David Xanatos from Gargoyles and Vincent Price. The second image is of one of the enemy 'zako' that'd appear in the first story, and the last image is of the heroine from the first story, a secret agent sent to infiltrate an enemy facility.

This premise never got off the ground because I had the idea to make Blades of Kriegmar- which ended up taking up all my available drawing time!

[​IMG]
    Sacramento Kings Cheerleader - Slimed!
    The raw version of a slime monster overtaking a cheerleader from the Sacramento Kings NBA team, as a result of their loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. The finished version can be seen on my pixiv page. :D

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Shyne - Wrestler Version
    My superheroine character, dressed up in a wrestler's costume. I wonder what promoter she's with?

[​IMG]
    Priestess Attacked!
    My priestess from World of Warcraft being attacked by some tricky tentacles! Must be the Old Gods...

[​IMG]
    Neisu Kumicon
    An older character of mine dressed up to hit the ring and crush the dreams of jobbers.

[​IMG]
    The Challenge
    Two of my characters from Xenoverse here. Zucchinia the saiyan, whose nickname is Z is on the receiving end of an aerial backbreaker by Hailer, the Frieza Clansman. An important lesson for Z in that she should never underestimate her opponents..

[​IMG]
    Lapis, the Vaporeon Gijinka
    When discussing the idea for a possible Pokemon Gijinka Wrestling League, I drew this image of Lapis- a Vaporeon wrestler with a very technique-based moveset.

[​IMG]
    Kiyal Smashed!
    This was the piece I drew as part of an art trade with NewVillain from DeviantArt. It's Kiyal from Gurren Lagann being smashed in the belly with a tree trunk! You can see the piece he drew in return here.

RYONA CITY
    [​IMG]
    Pearl Akina
    Leader of the Pearl Corporation, Pearl Akina was my submission for the Original Character Contest on Ryonani. Eventually, she also went on to become a major player in the Ryona City roleplay.

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldiers
    Examples of Pearl Soldiers- the rank and file for the Pearl Corporation. The on the right is a Pearl Elite- commanders and stronger versions of the normal soldier.

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier Belly Punched!
    A Pearl Soldier attacked by a mysterious green-skinned hero. I wonder who it could be...

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier #7
    The mysterious and enigmatic Pearl Soldier #7- sexy, smart, unpredictable. When it comes to the Pearl Corporation's top agents, #7 is the best. While the other NUMBERS agents are better at what they do than #7 is, her versatility alone more than makes up for it. If you're in Ryona City, expect to see a lot of her...

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier Z
    A Pearl Soldier who just so happens to be half-saiyan as well! Z is an active character in a separate continuity from Ryona City, but in the roleplay itself, she is no longer a canon character.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pearl Rider Girls
    The 5 members of the Pearl Special Forces team, the Pearl Riders! This team is now defunct and no longer exists however.

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier #6
    Janice Zhangli, better known as #6 is a master assassin and top hitwoman for the Pearl Corporation. If there is someone that needs to be dead, Janice is the one to call on. She also oversees the training of recruits who show exceptional skill in martial arts.

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier #5
    Not much is seen of #5 on the front lines- rather, this intelligent woman oversees planning from behind the scenes, protected by a cadre of Pearl Elites and several fine security systems. Elexis Carlington's mind is too valuable to let fall into enemy hands, and so the Pearl Corporation goes to great lengths to protect her.

[​IMG]
    Chibi Sarena
    A chibi I drew of SufferingLily's character, Sarena. Isn't she just adorable?

[​IMG]
    Pearl Soldier #7, Triumphant
    Pearl #7 and Petal Lang are considered to be fierce rivals with one another, but in this scene it appears that #7 has finally gained the upper hand over her foe. She has managed to brutally beat her in a recorded fight and then trampled over her opponent's unconscious form. Will Petal Lang be able to match her foe again? Or is #7 just too much for her to handle now...?

[​IMG]
    Kigane, Pearl Soldier #11
    The result of a clone experiment that managed to have mixed results.. Kigane is an exceptionally skilled fighter, absolutely merciless and deadly in combat. And yet.. there is also a sweeter, more innocent side to this femme fetale as well as she struggles to deal with her existence, her friends, and her place in life.

Kigane no longer exists in Ryona City in this capacity anymore, but she may pop up again in the near future as a reborn character...

BLADES OF KRIEGMAR
    [​IMG]
    Linara Backbroken!
    In this image, we see Linara having her backbroken by an unknown assailant. But this is only the start of this swordswoman's woes...

[​IMG]
    Madelyn Amael
    Madelyn is a priestess of Sol and one of the main characters in Blades of Kriegmar. She stands ever ready to protect her friends and fight the forces of darkness!

[​IMG]
    Tylissa Audrin
    Tylissa is a high elf native of Guildmar, who recently found herself transported from her homeland to the war-torn continent of Kriegmar. A sorceress with extraordinary abilities, she would eventually meet her end at the hands of the evil drow queen Jaira.

[​IMG]
    Mistress of Vognis
    An evil, succubus-type foe who attacked the heroines when they invaded her lord's domain. The Mistress is fond of sexually assaulting her victims- be they male OR female!

[​IMG]
    Ollia LeReaux
    A native of the Sun Kingdom in Sendar, Ollia is a prestigious student at the Magical Academy there, having a near-perfect record and perfect attendance. She is particularly fond of summoning magics and looks for any chance to demonstrate her skills in the field.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Linara and Ami's Full Nelson Fun!
    Here we see Linara and Ami the martial artist elf trapped in full nelson holds. I wonder what fun times awaits them...

[​IMG]
    Linara Assaulted
    Poor Linara couldn't escape the full nelson hold, and now another creep has stepped up to take advantage of her situation, assaulting her stomach! Can the swordswoman find a way out of this predicament?

[​IMG]
    Linara Counter-attacked!
    Yes she can! Well... sort of. We see here she was able to escape the hold, but her poor belly was assaulted once more, in the middle of one of her sword attacks too. There is more pain to come for Linara... stay tuned!

[​IMG]
    Ami, House Featherwind
    Ami is a spirited wood elf martial artist who wanders her woodland sanctuary in search of a purpose.. or friends. Unfortunately, more often than not all she finds is trouble. But don't let this hardy elf's looks fool you- she is a very strong and capable fighter who requires no weapons (or clothes, it seems!)

[​IMG]
    Zaril the Shroud
    A dark elf necromancer with a liking for all things macabre- Zaril is an outcast in her own society... which basically means that she did something unacceptable by her clan's standards to get exiled. This means she was probably seen handing out lollipops to small children or volunteering at the nearest elderly folks home. How dare she!

That's all for now, hope you all enjoy the art! And remember to check back here once in a while as I'm always drawing and always updating this thread.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

Lovely artwork Idoro I look forward to seeing more of it.

Idoro likes this.
  3. Raden

Raden Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

I've been here for four years now and I've been lucky to follow your growth as an artist. Your 2014 rendition of Tylissa is fantastic, and yet the shading is simple enough that I was able to recolour her clothing into something I liked when I grew tired of the purple and was given a better idea on how to combine her home guild's colours. Since that image, you've only gotten even better yet. I can't wait to see what 2016 brings us. Thank you for sharing your talents with us like this.

Kargan3033 and Idoro like this.
  4. weediscool

weediscool Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

You got a tablet yet? your early art was really good, and its only getting better.

Idoro and Kargan3033 like this.
  5. Idoro

My tablet was being naughty for a while, but I finally got it working again. I've drawn a few more things since then:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Idoro

Here's a ryona piece I did a few months back. I noticed I never shared it here, so here it is!

[​IMG]

Kargan3033 and weediscool like this.
  7. Kargan3033

Your new pictures are very well done Idoro thank you for sharing them.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Idoro likes this.
  8. Idoro

Thanks Kargan! I'm here with another art update. Just finished this one tonight, it was a commission from unknownwatcher.

[​IMG]

You can read the story on this scenario here! Hope you enjoy. :D

Kargan3033 and weediscool like this.
  9. Kargan3033

That's a nice pic, well done.