How to use .mod files? (1 Viewer)

ccc

Potential Patron
I found an outfit that I was looking for a long time and realized that the file is .mod. How should I use it? Link to the outfit: Chloe Outfit

reesedn384

Potential Patron
Nearly the same question. How do i unpack the .mod files? I only got Movietools to unpack that file?!? I didn't found any answer in the tutorial section so I put this here.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Nearly the same question. How do i unpack the .mod files? I only got Movietools to unpack that file?!? I didn't found any answer in the tutorial section so I put this here.
You don't unpack them. They're just SWF files which have been renamed with a special extension. If you have the Loader then you can use them in any context which would permit a SWF file.
  • manual loading via the "Swf Mod..." button
  • inclusion in the Mods.txt file of a Character Folder
  • inclusion in the settings file of the moreClothing mod

If you don't have the Loader then you can't use them at all.

Sharklasers

Content Creator
The ".mod" tag is counter-intuitive. I had to go looking for an answer to this, too; they should probably put up a sticky thread or something.

A ".mod" file is really just a swf file. There are swf mods that only work in the Loader, so some people change the extension of their Loader-only mods to something that only the Loader knows how to read. That prevents people from mistakenly running them in the normal version of SDT.

(It's an annoying practice, but it's also annoying to download a new swf, try to run it in the normal version, not have anything happen, and have no idea why.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.