How to open KB .mod files? (1 Viewer)

tjs2015

Potential Patron
I currently have Windows 10 and every time I download it loads through movie and tv app and it never loads. Tried Paint, Photo Viewer, Flash Player, Internet Explorer and more. How do I open these or convert the file to something different. I hope this makes sense because I am new to this and need help. I just don't understand .MOD files because I had no trouble with .SWF files

stuntcock

Content Creator
How to open KB .mod files?
What does KB mean?

I currently have Windows 10 and every time I download it loads through movie and tv app and it never loads.
When you download a file, don't choose the "Open with" option. Don't try to find an appropriate program. Just "Save File" instead, and put the .mod file into a convenient location on your HDD (such as a subfolder of your SDT folder).

You'll use different steps to incorporate it into your SDT gameplay -- such as manually loading the file into an SDT session by clicking the appropriate buttons.

In most cases, you cannot do anything useful with a mod file on its own. Your operating system will never understand what to do with them; you must manage these files manually. There are a few exceptions (such as animtools) but - in general - it isn't productive to double-click any SDT-related files that you've downloaded. Double-clicking a dialogue file, for example, will simply open it in a text editor. If you want to actually PLAY through the dialogue, then you must launch SDT and manually open the TXT file within the game.

Tried Paint, Photo Viewer, Flash Player, Internet Explorer and more.
I'm going to copy-paste these links again. I can't force you to read them. But if you refuse to do so, then you're going to keep running into difficulties. It's much simpler to just read the advice instead of trying random solutions.

Newbie Guide
Getting Started with SDT
SDT & Loader FAQ

I just don't understand .MOD files because I had no trouble with .SWF files
A .mod file is just a .swf file which has been manually renamed.

If you're running the Loader, then a .mod file is functionally identical to a .swf file and can be employed in the same use-cases: the .mod file can be dropped into a Character Folder, manually loaded via the "Swf Mod..." button, registered with moreClothing, loaded automatically via $INIT$, etc...

If you're not running the Loader then you can't use .mod files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.