1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make (easy) SWF imports

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Mezzora, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Mezzora

Mezzora Potential Patron

[attachthumb=1]

Attached Files:

2. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

Yeah, I kind of meant typed out and not an image. Similar to the other guides.

3. Mezzora

Mezzora Potential Patron

Kona already has a typed one in the zip, are you sure you want me to make one?
    (Feel free to delete this thread)

4. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

I do agree with Grimey's sentiment that if you are a noob with flash you shouldn't bother trying to make swf imports, but I'd rather there be a topic on the board for idiots to whine about it than for people to bother Kona or flood the News posts with questions.

Also, when I said a tutorial, I kind of meant a step by step tutorial for using Flash to make dynamic imports, similar to voltlight's GIMP tutorial.

Regardless, I'll keep this topic until someone decides to take the time to make one. Just so there is a place for noobs to complain and whine.

D3v likes this.
  5. Mezzora

Mezzora Potential Patron

Do you really think those people will post here and whine about something after you called them idiots and noobs? :)

6. RajasGrime

RajasGrime Avid Affiliate

They will, because they are idiots and noobs.

My quick write-up from the other thread, slightly edited and with numbers corresponding to the above image (use that for screenshots):

I think that's all.

7. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

I don't think you guys are understanding me.

I'm talking about a tutorial on how to DRAW swf imports with Flash. Could also be for making png's.

My point is that we have a photoshop tutorial and a gimp tutorial, but no flash tutorial.

8. RajasGrime

Then why didn't you say so? The pen tool is the same in any Adobe programm though. It's said drawing in Flash is queer, but I could make an Illustrator tutorial.

Could, not want. If you can't handle a pen tool in Flash, I count you as Flash illiterate.

9. rufferto

rufferto Avid Affiliate

Well drawing the imports is basicly the same with every graphics software, plus everyone has their own style and different approaches to it.
    I prefer Illustrator too...

The hard part with Flash is getting the import to work properly, and Rajas explanation along with Mezzoras graphic helps a lot with that
    (except for the shortcuts which are different for me, but people using another OS should be able to figure that out).

If you´re trying to do a hair import with different layers I think those additional steps have to be made (between step 4. and 5.):

-Click the settings layer, open ActionScript.

-Choose the appropriate layer from the target layers.

-Put the name of the layer in the line below, e.g. if the layer is HAIR_UNDER the line should be: var targetElement:String = ModElements.HAIR_UNDER;

-Close ActionScript, rename the layer in which you were drawing with the appropriate name, e.g. HAIR_UNDER

That´s how it works for me at least…

10. Mezzora

Mezzora Potential Patron

So you'd like to see Raja's text + those additional steps between 4 and 5 + more pictures?
    How about adding a little note for important hotkeys such as Strg and Space?
    Most of them are the same on each OS I guess, Strg just has another name on Macs or am I wrong?
    I've also cleared the mess in my .psd file if someone wants to do it.
    You guys are just better with Adobe products than I am.

Attached Files:

11. rufferto

rufferto Avid Affiliate

Me? No, I just wanted to chip in a little something I found out which seems to be important for dynamic hair and multi-layered imports.

It´s no big deal, most people use windows anyway, just thought that it´s noteworthy.
    Here´s a list of shortcuts for mac and windows.
    It was just that while reading Rajas tutorial, I tried to open ActionScript with F9, coincidentally the only one that´s different.
    You´re perfectly right most of them are the same except for the name of the keys.

Not me, dynamic hair made me realize that I´m a dummy with flash. :P

12. BlazBro

BlazBro Potential Patron

I draw all my hairs in Flash :)

13. Soulbinder

Soulbinder Potential Patron

I was planning on having a crack at taking old imports and making them Dynamic, but seeing as I have no prior experience with flash and I havn't used photo shop in a few years... would it be too difficult to do, with these tutorials?

14. RajasGrime

This particular tutorial does not elaborate on how to draw and position dynamic hairs, but moreso on the specifics of preparing an import in the Flash modding files. There is no tutorial (yet) specifically for drawing dynamic hair.

15. funfriend

funfriend Potential Patron

I did some tests to figure out the order of mod layers. So, according to my calculations, this is the order of layers, from front to back:

HAIR_COSTUME_OVER
    DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER
    HAIR_TOP
    HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER
    [ear and right arm]
    DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN
    EYEWEAR
    [body including right leg, buttock, breast]
    HAIR_COSTUME_UNDER
    HAIR_UNDER
    DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER
    HAIR_BOTTOM
    COLLAR
    GAG_FRONT
    [neck & head, except for ear]
    GAG_BACK
    [penis, outlines of left body parts: arm, leg, buttock, breast]
    HAIR_COSTUME_BACK
    DYNAMIC_HAIR_BACK
    HAIR_BACK
    [his arm]
    BACKGROUND

I'd say I'm 90% sure this is right, but if someone finds an error in this, please post about it.

16. kojiro

kojiro Avid Affiliate

is there anyway to merge symbols to make it 1 like how you can merge layers to flatten them in photoshop? im trying to make a collar and i finished it but now when i try to put it to the stage i cant do it to make it one symbol. i made the lines and colors on different layers bcause i was unable to get the shading done without getting the lines covered which was annoying and the only way i se so far to stop that dorm happening was to use the arranging like send to back but it only let me do that when i converted them to graphic symbols but now i dont know how to get them to be just one symbol

17. kojiro

kojiro Avid Affiliate

forget it i get how to import collar mods now made a really crappy one as a test and it worked. shouldnt have made any symbols. just have to redraw it. how do u guys get the shading done? i know how to do it by first selecting the stroke color and making a shade path with the pen tool and fill it in with the same color using the paint bucket but it sometimes covers the lines. even if i do the colors in a different layer when i cut and past in place to make it one layer the overlapping is messed up so it possible to use the arranging without turning it to a symbol first?
    EDIT: forget it again... realized i can delete the stroke likes i make for the shade :-X

18. Mezzora

Mezzora Potential Patron

Just select all symbols and press F8 to make the whole thing a symbol.
    But don't delete the symbols it's made of.

19. kojiro

kojiro Avid Affiliate

thanks

20. rufferto

rufferto Avid Affiliate

I´m currently recreating Jill Valentine from your awesome source file and stumbled upon something interesting:
    If you look at Kona´s Jill, the highlights in her hair are above the DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER layer, but they can be tinted like the rest of the hair so they can´t be in HAIR_COSTUME_OVER either.

I don´t know how Konashion did it, but there must be some way to get static hair above the topmost dynamic hair without using the hair costume layer.