How to create clothing and hair mods? (1 Viewer)

ForkliftDriver67

Potential Patron
Just wondering what tools/techniques people use to create the clothing and hair mods. First of all I'm not sure if there is a specific tool best for making the art itself. Additionally I dont know how to create the .swf files for clothes or the pngs for the hair. The only tool I know of is Adobe Animate CC.

... Or would it be easier just to make a request?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Just wondering what tools/techniques people use to create the clothing and hair mods.
Tutorials

First of all I'm not sure if there is a specific tool best for making the art itself.
Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Animate, etc...

Additionally I dont know how to create the .swf files for clothes or the pngs for the hair.
SWF import files are usually created in Adobe Animate.

SWF import files can also be created via freeware tools.

SWF code mods (without any custom artwork) can be compiled with the lightweight compiler.

PNG files can be saved directly from any image editing tool -- even MSPaint. You're free to work in raster or vector format, depending on your personal preference. Vector formats are preferred if you intend to share your work with other modders (especially if you want them to covert your files into clothing mods or dynamic-hair mods). If you're publishing specifically to PNG format (i.e. you're delivering files directly to SDT users, as @Mineur does) then there's no harm in using raster tools.

... Or would it be easier just to make a request?
You're free to make requests. Please be aware that there's a significant number of them already. This isn't exactly a "backlog"; older requests do not enjoy any sort of seniority or priority over new requests. But you should at least read through the first posts of a few threads so that you can emulate the successful ideas, and avoid repeating the mistakes.

If you do decide to post a request, then please read and follow the rules. Requests with poor references tend to be ignored; requests with good source material (especially a WIP copy of your FLA file, or an SVG vector trace) can be completed much more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.