How do you rate this gaming year for ryona ? (E3 2012-E3 2013) (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Assuming that Gaming year revolves around E3 as a center date , So from E3 2012 to E3 2013 How do you rate this year for ryona ?

IMO it has its good moments and disappointing moments , While games like Resident Evil 6 and Dragon Dogma were Ok but games like Tomb Raider and Remember Me were a great disappointing

So how do you rate this gaming year ?

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Assuming that Gaming year revolves around E3 as a center date , So from E3 2012 to E3 2013 How do you rate this year for ryona ?

IMO it has its good moments and disappointing moments , While games like Resident Evil 6 and Dragon Dogma were Ok but games like Tomb Raider and Remember Me were a great disappointing

So how do you rate this gaming year ?

This year, I haven't touched any new english commerical games. :brains...!:

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
most people haven't. it's been a pretty disappointing year for games all around so far, and doesn't look like it's going to get any better. i think the only thing i'm hyped for is Rome 2?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Ah, and here I thought the replies would possibly lead me to a few good games I've missed...

I haven't seen a game that interested me in ages (the next game I wanna buy is Skyrim) and as I don't like shooters perceived 90% of all lately released games are not interesting to me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
With the release of Tekken Tag 2 and DOA5, at least an 8. Maybe 9.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
I googled all the releases between last year's E3 and this year's E3 and came up with a list of games that I played or watched videos of that had potential Ryona elements in them.

Lollipop Chainsaw: A terrible disappointment, Ryona wise. One generic death animation with lame voice acting. I didn't play it, only watched videos, so can't speak about the game's overall quality.

The Secret World: A MMO from the creators of Age of Conan. While AoC was one of my favorite games for Ryona, this game was lame. Voice acting was non existent for your character during battle, compared to what I consider some of the best voice acting ever in AoC. AoC had amazing fatalities...this game did not. A disappointment. Some nice looking clothing for the characters, though.

Guild Wars 2: Another MMO, however, this one I did not play. I watched videos and saw that the game had a lame 'last stand' mechanic where your character would go into a downed position instead of giving you a death animation. Lame, in my opinion, and basically killed any desire for me to play it, lol.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Nothing new here. Fan of the actual game, but the ryona doesn't really do anything for me.

Borderlands 2: Another lame 'last stand' mechanic, but this one is entirely first person, which makes the voice acting the most important thing. Said voice acting was meh, in my opinion.

Torchlight 2: This actually had some pretty cool death animations for the characters. Wasn't a huge fan of the character design and the voice acting wasn't that great. Still, I think this is the first positive reaction in this entire post, so there is that.

Dead or Alive 5: This series has some nice looking characters/outfits, but I really hate the lack of a proper KO animation. They seem to be on the ground writhing in pain. I am a fan of KO/death animations, so this kind of kills it for me. Such a shame, cause it has such a nice replay system with a free camera. Oh well.

Resident Evil 6: Ok, finally a game that had decent Ryona. There were some good death animations, but my favorite was the Rasklapanje (the one that basically plants its suction type mouth over it's victim's face and basically 'impregnates' them, like a face hugger from aliens). I was hoping for a Carla vs Ada fight similar to Leon vs Krauser in 4, but instead we got some stupid 'blob' type boss fight. That was disappointing. The QTE deaths were pretty lame, as well. Still, overall, this was a decent game for Ryona.

Dishonored: I generally prefer to have the main character as the receiver of the Ryona, but this game had such good voice acting when you choke out or throat slice the females that it deserves a mention. So great job by the voice actresses in that regard.

Street Fighter X Tekken: Once again, another decent fighting game that doesn't really do anything for me. Meh on the voice acting and the KO animations are alright, I guess.

Assassin's Creed 3: The single player has opportunities to assassinate innocent bystanders, which isn't really for me. I almost feel bad doing it, lol. The multiplayer, though, has some great looking models and, while most of the kill animations are rehash, I still enjoyed it overall. The normal tomahawk kill from the back is probably my favorite. So overall, this game was pretty good.

Assassins Creed Liberation: The vita's small screen doesn't help this game, obviously. Aveline is a cool main character, but as with other AC titles, it has that sort of desynchronized screen that pops up when your character dies. So not really great for ryona purposes.

WWE '13: Nothing new from previous years, actually a step back in some aspects which I won't even get into. I wish there was a possibility of some other developer coming along to try to compete against these guys. I hate all these exclusive deals between compainies and publishers/developers. Competition is a good thing, but the sports genre is almost devoid of it.

Hitman Absolution: Very similar to Dishonored. Some nice voice acting by the actresses during certain kills. The ragdoll animations are a bit stiff looking. Once again, you are the one dishing out the kills as Agent 47, so this isn't really geared towards me. Voice acting deserved a mention, though.

Aliens Colonial Marines: I wish you could select a female marine for the main campaign, but you are stuck playing some wannabe Hicks. The multiplayer has some cool fatality animations and lets players choose a female marine as a playable skin. Average voice acting, in my opinion. Like there is a constriction fatality where the alien chokes then breaks the neck of a marine. I expected some choking/gurgling by the voice actresses, but you get nothing. Lame.

Tomb Raider: Man, I am still getting over the disappointment from this game, ryona wise, lol. The voice acting killed it for me. The following things happen to Lara's throat during this game: Wolf bites it, arrow pierces it, 10 foot long pole impales it, machete slices it, weapon hilt crushes it, etc....and we don't get a single choke/gurgle sound from the actress. Terrible voice acting, but I blame the director for that more than the actress. Then the screen turning grey during low health/death doesn't help, along with the same lame death animation over and over. Biggest disappointment in ryona...maybe ever. I blame myself for getting so hyped for it, though. Sure-shot outfit is amazing, though...just wish we had some decent ryona to go along with it.

Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm: You play as Kerrigan the entire game, but there is nothing really there during normal gameplay. However, I did like this one cutscene where Zerg Kerrigan kills a sort of clone that resembles her old human self. I thought that was pretty cool.

Gears of War Judgment: They actually took out the execution moves during multiplayer...so that is terrible, lol. Some decent voice acting for Alex Brand (Valera's old voiceset) and the female onyx guard. That's about it. The lack of Sam disappoints me.

Injustice: Some of the special move animations are awesome, but the lack of KO animations or finishing moves kind of sucks. Still got love for Netherrealm Studios, but this was kind of lame, ryona wise.

Resident Evil Revelations: Mostly has some crappy enemies and animations. The hunter decap was kind of cool, but that was about it. Voice acting was average, although I actually like the french death scream from Jill's voice actress, which I randomly tried out and thought it was nice. But overall, one of the more disappointing RE games for ryona.

Remember Me: Cool main character, but really has no good ryona moments, from what I have played (still only half way through). Some really great missed opportunities. There is this moment where a female bounty hunter has Nilin pinned back with a knife to her throat, but there is no way to fail to see a death scene. Also, all the enemies seem to have the same lame attack animations. None of them seem to have grapple moves, not even the ones called 'stranglers'. That is terrible.

Conclusion: Wow, I sound really bitter after re-reading the above, lol. I want to point out that this is for ryona elements only and does not reflect my opinion on the games themselves. So overall, I have to say that the last year was filled with games that did nothing for me or were really terrible disappointments. Some bright spots in RE6 and AC3 multiplayer, but thats about it. Pretty lame (have I used this word enough?). Not sure why I had to write a thesis paper to explain myself, but I guess it was interesting for me to reflect upon the last year of games. Thanks.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
That was certainly comprehensive! As someone who has fallen out of the gaming loop, I'm actually glad you touched upon so many different games in such detail. From what you wrote and what I've heard, there definitely didn't seem to be a must have "ryona game" this year (at least that appeals to my tastes). Let's hope for better in the next year!

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
For the next year , The only AAA budget games I think of now that is confirmed to have female playable characters and may have ryona elements are FFXII Lighting returns and Beyond Two Souls , Other Games that has high percent of having female characters due to its RPG nature are Dark Souls 2 and Dragon Age III , unfortunately no fighting game was announced until now for next year

Other than that I can't seem to find other games that has female characters with ryona potentional , I think we have to wait until 11 June for E3 to find out about other new games

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
When you also consider non-mainstream games this year has been pretty astounding; with Violated Hero 1, 2 and soon 3, Desire Dungeon, Violated Quest, ROBF and Monstergirl Quest 3 we had reverse ryona RPGs ranging from interactive films over elaborated combat mechanics to epic storylines, all with good to high quality artwork, with Magic Castle Ripyuaria paradise, Onesyota, Eroico and the upcoming Boko 3 and we had actions game with decent gameplay, and then some other games I don't remember right now.

The only thing I'm a little gloomy about is that there are so few reverse ryona games that doesn't focus on reverse rape.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i'm more gloomy about the fact all of those are just rape games. i don't know why i've come to expect anything else.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
No problem, Crimson. I needed something to do while I waited for the NBA finals to start last night, so writing that post fit the bill quite nicely.

Regarding the upcoming year, I agree with the games you listed, Boundy. I was pumped when I heard that Beyond was coming out and that it starred a female protagonist. I thought to myself...wow, an entire QTE style game with a female character. Great potential, right? However, I quickly learned something about how there is no way to die in Beyond. I don't know exactly what happens when you fail the QTE sequences, but dying seems to be out of the equation, which sucks. Maybe we can get some nice KO scenes, but we will see. Still a day one purchase for me.

If you are ok with a multiplayer style game, The Last of Us multiplayer mode looks to have female playable characters. And from what I see, there may be some epic execution style moves. I guess we will see how that turns out soon. Stinks that Joel is the only playable character in single player mode, but the game looks like it will be mind blowing, regardless.

Thanks.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i watched a guy playthrough last of us last night. it's painfully average, aside from the voice acting/character interaction.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Maybe 8

Doa 5 was perfect ryona game, Ninja Gaiden 3 RE and TTT2 were also good.
I liked Resident Evil Revelations, and Injustice. Lollipop and Anarchy Reigns were fun at least one time.
Resident Evil 6 was big dissapointment. I did not even expect anything from Tomb Raider, but it sucked nevertheless.

Ares

Potential Patron
Can anyone tell me if they recorded new voices for female characters in TTT2 in terms of during a fight? I know they reused the same files from tekken 5 into 6, and getting a little tired of them.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
i watched a guy playthrough last of us last night. it's painfully average, aside from the voice acting/character interaction.

So is this the same case as Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted where you can expect a very simple , fun , smooth and enjoyable but overall average gameplay or The last of us is another experience and totally unenjoyable and feels average although the massive hype it recieved ,

Regarding the upcoming year, I agree with the games you listed, Boundy. I was pumped when I heard that Beyond was coming out and that it starred a female protagonist. I thought to myself...wow, an entire QTE style game with a female character. Great potential, right? However, I quickly learned something about how there is no way to die in Beyond. I don't know exactly what happens when you fail the QTE sequences, but dying seems to be out of the equation, which sucks. Maybe we can get some nice KO scenes, but we will see. Still a day one purchase for me.

If you are ok with a multiplayer style game, The Last of Us multiplayer mode looks to have female playable characters. And from what I see, there may be some epic execution style moves. I guess we will see how that turns out soon. Stinks that Joel is the only playable character in single player mode, but the game looks like it will be mind blowing, regardless.

Thanks.

Fortunately for me in the case of beyond two souls , Death isn't a mandatory thing for me to enjoy ryona , I love the ryona treatment itself like females being grabbed , bearhugged , trapped in submission , wrapped by tentacles or gets vored more than getting death in normal way or by knife or guns and the likes of that type of deaths so if it ends in no death then that isn't a big problem for me as long as the female gets the treatment itself :) , But the style of the game and the fact that it is from a western developer increases the possibilities that it will be ryona-free , we will be lucky to get a ryona like what Madison Paige got in her underwear in heavy rain

As for the Last of us aside from the Multiplayer , We May get to play as ellie in some segments of the game where she is separated from her father like Ashley case in RE4 or Yuna case in FFX for example , and based on Uncharted series then Naughty Dog may include the ability to play Co-op unless Ellie is another clone of Elizabeth from bioshock where there isn't a Co-op option

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Seems about average so far. I honestly haven't been expecting a deluge of video games with ryona content this year. As of right now the only games I'm looking forward to this year, for both ryona and gameplay, are Dragon's Crown and Bayonetta 2. As for games that have yet to come out I'll be keeping my eyes and ears glued on E3 for any other potential candidates, but so far it looks like it's going to be a relatively dry year.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Oh man, I love big lists.

Shame about Remember Me, was hoping that game would have something decent since Tomb Raider was such a disappointment. :< Oh well, I suppose I'll still give it a try.

Horrid, BRIX BATTLE.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Oh man, I love big tits.

I spent too much time coding(...my eyess) and I honestly thought it said tits lol.

Horrid, BRIX BATTLE.

No. I haven' touch blocks in ages ;p. You'd probably beat me in 5 seconds. edit: oops, I was thinking of battle tetris lol.

I'm hoping next-gen consoles will come out with some good games since usually in this generation,
developers are pouring in more moneyz than ever for game development, which means less games.
There's also indies games but I don't know.
and I hope that PS4 share thing is awesome(so I don't have to buy a capture card aha).

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
So is this the same case as Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted where you can expect a very simple , fun , smooth and enjoyable but overall average gameplay or The last of us is another experience and totally unenjoyable and feels average although the massive hype it recieved

the latter. probably 75% of the gameplay is generic third person shooting, the rest is a mix between awful stealth and stealth take downs and melee combat. there's nothing to explore because just like uncharted, you're going in a straight line. all the promises about the AI being amazing and revolutionary were, as expected, blatant lies. they're very very stupid and break during a lot of things, end up staring at walls, not noticing you as you're sneaking right next to them the few times the game actually lets you sneak, etc. it's all very scripted. much like a lot of these overhyped to hell and back games, it's something you'll go through once and forget about in 2 months, because there is nothing to go back to. nothing changes, there is no variation, nothing. remember when people were still talking about bioshock infinite?

like i said, the only thing it does special is acting. some of the writing is cliche, but the characters deliver it amazingly, be it their facial reaction, change in tone of voice, whatever. the stuff like that is done very well, but as usual it just gives off this vibe that this should have been made into a 2-3 hour movie instead of trying to make it a video game.

We May get to play as ellie in some segments of the game where she is separated from her father like Ashley case in RE4 or Yuna case in FFX for example , and based on Uncharted series then Naughty Dog may include the ability to play Co-op unless Ellie is another clone of Elizabeth from bioshock where there isn't a Co-op option

nope. you're joel through the entire time. she can die a few times, but it's HEAVILY scripted. basically one glorified quick time event. don't open this door fast enough? she'll die. fail at the obligatory turret segment? (this game isn't a turret, it's a SNIPER segment! WOW So NEW!) she'll die. very little of anything, because the game doesn't let you do anything it doesn't want you to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.