Help with SDT on Tablets (1 Viewer)

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Hi you all...

So I've been trying out SDT on my Kindle Fire and it works pretty well but...

I can't get it to "find" swf import files when I try to import them. Importing BG and Hair works fine. But txt file dialogue importing doesn't seem to work either. (And importing Hair & BG only works if all the files are in one folder it seems but that's no big deal).

Any pointers on how or where to place swf import files and dialogue files in the Kindle Fire file architecture so that they import?

Also, it seems like you can't save or load the Custom Characters file either. Which is irritating as I've "created" characters on the Fire and on my laptop that I'd like to transfer. (You can transfer the CC file from PC but you can't load it on the Fire).

Any ideas or suggestions? Or other challenges anyone is having if they are using SDT on the Fire or other tablet? (Oh, I'm using the Android app called SWF Player for all this).

P.S. If you are using SDT on a tablet the character creation works tons better with a stylus such as the "mini-suit" brand stylus. But get the larger one and not the super tiny one.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
zzaapp002 said:
Hi you all...

So I've been trying out SDT on my Kindle Fire and it works pretty well but...

I can't get it to "find" swf import files when I try to import them. Importing BG and Hair works fine. But txt file dialogue importing doesn't seem to work either. (And importing Hair & BG only works if all the files are in one folder it seems but that's no big deal).

Any pointers on how or where to place swf import files and dialogue files in the Kindle Fire file architecture so that they import?

Also, it seems like you can't save or load the Custom Characters file either. Which is irritating as I've "created" characters on the Fire and on my laptop that I'd like to transfer. (You can transfer the CC file from PC but you can't load it on the Fire).

Any ideas or suggestions? Or other challenges anyone is having if they are using SDT on the Fire or other tablet? (Oh, I'm using the Android app called SWF Player for all this).

P.S. If you are using SDT on a tablet the character creation works tons better with a stylus such as the "mini-suit" brand stylus. But get the larger one and not the super tiny one.
The game isn't made for tablets, it is also not published for tablets either. As well as that, Adobe isn't exactly fixing many problems with Flash on mobile devices as it plans to phase out flash for something that works with HTML5.

Those facts alone, I doubt you'll ever see the game work properly on mobile devices.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Well yes I know all that.

But it does work decent enough.

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it on a tablet and how it worked for them.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
zzaapp002 said:
Well yes I know all that.

But it does work decent enough.

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it on a tablet and how it worked for them.
I tried it on a Blackberry Playbook, Asus Transformer, HP Touchpad, HTC Flyer, HTC Evo3D, and a Samsung Galaxy S2. I believe the Transformer was the only one that was near playable, if you call that playable. Side note: I don't think it worked on the HP Touchpad at all but I'm still working on Android 4.0.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Wow, that's a lot of tablets!

You must have a Tech Mecca at your place.

Thanks for the info.

And to be fair it only works OK on the FIRE with a stylus.

(But it is still nice to not have to boot up my laptop sometimes).

n-220769

Potential Patron
Does anyone knows if it works well with a mouse (moving from left to right instead of touching left, touching right)? Because I only got a tablet and can't buy a pc for a long time :'(

ds14048

Content Creator
I can get it to work on my Acer Iconia a200 but it is very laggy even with the quality set to lowest and I have an issue with several sections of the game show in either grey or dark grey: (

Attachments

• odd shades.jpg
    odd shades.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 379

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.