Help me! Dynamic Hair problem! (1 Viewer)

tomastosecky

Potential Patron
I really need some help. I started doing some dynamic hair (I never did it before) from some tutorials and I got dynamic hair that works ingame but is moved to the side and is not perfectly on the head. I just need some quick help. Thanks!

Attachments

DynamicTest.fla
261.2 KB · Views: 93

DynamicTest.swf
7.2 KB · Views: 85

stuntcock

Content Creator
Melting Throat said:
I got dynamic hair that works ingame but is moved to the side and is not perfectly on the head.
The first segment of your hair should be static rather than dynamic, because you don't want it to move around. If it moves, then it will expose the bare skin of the scalp (which looks silly). This seems to have been your intent (because you named the symbol "StaticHair") but it wasn't actually implemented. I've made this change in the file linked below.

I also assigned the second segment ("DynamicA") to static, because it rests atop the rear of the scalp. Same problem as above -- if it moves around too much, then bare skin becomes visible.

There are ways of fiddling with the configuration of a dynamic hairstyle so that every part of it can remain dynamic. Hence, we would allow the "scalp" hair segments to move, but constrain their rotation so much that bare skin would not be exposed during gameplay. But this involves a lot of extra scripting (which can quickly become confusing or overwhelming), so I haven't applied it to your FLA file.

The origin point of each segment should be placed at its rotational fulcrum. Since you've already drawn a semicircle at the top of each hair segment, we simply need to nudge things around so that the origin point coincides with the center of this circle.

If you have a complete vectorized hairstyle, and you're about to begin dividing it into segments, then there are ways of streamlining the process while ensuring correct placement of origin-points. I can walk you through this process if you decide to create another dynamic hairstyle. For now, I've simply corrected the segments by hand.

This change makes the hairstyle slightly more "flat" - it lies closer to the body rather than curving out behind the girl's back. The change is barely noticeable in this case, but if you want to create a dynamic hairstyle with significant curvature (or gravity-defying elements) then you'll need to use special techniques. Again - I can walk you through this stuff if you have a design in mind.

I also adjusted the layer assignments so that the hair tucks behind the ear instead of overlying it, because it seemed to look better that way. Feel free to revert to the original layering if you prefer it.

DynamicTest - edit.fla
DynamicTest - edit.swf

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.