Hello! This is rad. Though I'd like some help :) (1 Viewer)

oralcream

Potential Patron
So I've followed the instructions and downloaded things properly. I am just wondering if someone can point me to a tutorial for...say changing the entire character, not just the hair/eyes/breast size. Is this possible? Say I made a png or some sort of file in animate cc for each relevant body part could I then use that body as it's own character in the game? Let's pretend I want to make [moderator edit: celebrity names removed] or some political figure. What would I need to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello O oralcream . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

I am just wondering if someone can point me to a tutorial for...say changing the entire character, not just the hair/eyes/breast size. Is this possible?
Yes it is. If you intend to replace the entire body (rather than merely adding clothing) then you'll want to check out the template created by @Faceless.

Say I made a png or some sort of file in animate cc for each relevant body part could I then use that body as it's own character in the game?
If you're good at drawing the you could check out the PSD template. Vector files are usually prefered (because they can more easily incorporate features such as the breast slider and RGB support) but if you're already comfortable drawing raster images then we'll find someone to convert them to SWF format for you.

Let's pretend I want to make <snip>
Please obey the Website Rules. We won't restrict or censor your erotic preferences, but we must ask you not to implicate the Undertow website in a potential civil lawsuit. You're free to lust after those folks and distribute mods based on them, but please maintain plausible deniability: don't use their actual names.

If you're interested in a specific celebrity or film character then it's typical to create (or request) a custom hairstyle. A few characters are noteworthy enough to get their own costume mods. Very few receive body mods depicting their unique physique, because it's simply not worth the effort in most cases -- the improved fidelity is outweighed by the many hours of work involved.

What would I need to do?
Find references. Draw the new bodyparts in raster or vector form, using one of the templates linked above. Write the necessary AS3 scripts, or ask someone else to do it on your behalf. Publish SWF files and test them in-game. If you want to get fancy then you can upgrade your work to support in-game customization (skin tone switching, breast size adjustment, handjob support for customized hands, etc). If you're heavily altering the shape of the penis then you'll need to generate a new collision mesh for it (as done by lemurian-seed) so that the lips and tongue will fit closely around the new outline.

Please note that reshaping the girl's face (especially the mouth and jaw) is quite troublesome. There's a lot of hardcoded logic governing the mouth and it wasn't really intended to be modded. Even when modders seek to significantly alter the face structure they usually leave the jaw shape as-is.

Modifying the torso and limbs will be much easier, so long as you're preserving the standard human proportions. Please note that changes to the body outline will usually make your body-mod incompatible with existing clothes. That's fine if you intend for the character to remain naked, but it limits fans' ability to mix-and-match while dreaming up new scenarios.

You may want to search for <body mod> elements first, in order to get an idea of what's possible. Many pieces (such as horns, tails, hooves, muscles, wings, etc) have already been created; you might be able to employ the existing files or reuse parts of their artwork.

oralcream

Potential Patron
Awesome, thank you. I will read back over this tomorrow. Apologies for celebrity names. They were just an example.

Are there other adult oriented games with a similar mod ability you'd recommend or is this the main one?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Are there other adult oriented games with a similar mod ability you'd recommend or is this the main one?
You'll need to be much more specific -- either about the topics and fetishes which interest you, or about the gameplay style which you're seeking.

For example: Illusion games allow thorough customization of the characters' appearance, but the gameplay mechanics are usually shallow and the stories range from "what is going on? I can't speak Japanese!" to "I applied the translation patch but I'm still skipping the dialogue because it's awful". Free Cities includes a lot of content-related options and it has been extensively customized by fans, but the core gameplay is a business simulation (with text-based erotica as a secondary focus, and graphics almost totally absent). It you're hoping for a sprite-based platformer which you can play on your smartphone then neither of those suggestions would be useful.

I would also encourage you to start a new thread (maybe here?), because other people might want to offer their own recommendations -- and it would be silly to see an extended conversation in an unrelated Help thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.