Head Scale mod? (1 Viewer)

Turtleman

Potential Patron
I've heard it's impossible elsewhere in here, but I'm bringing it up again to see. The normal head looks ridiculous on both larger and smaller bodies outside of the normal body range.

Zalord

Content Creator
I'm actually working on one, but there are a few issues I still need to resolve.

-Some of the parts of the head automatically go back to default size. (Top of hair, eyebrows, etc...)
-Causes some alignment issues
-Other stuff

I'm pretty sure that the scaling issue comes from how certain parts get animated, and I don't know anything about animation.

I've attached what I've got so far so you can kinda see the issues I'm running into. It's a very rough version so it only scales properly the first time you run it every time you open the loader. Currently just scales to whatever the body slider is set to. I'll eventually make it so it updates as you scale the body, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Haven't worked on it much recently but I'll take another crack at it soon. I'm pretty sure it can be done. I just need to find where in the code these problems are coming from. This is actually a much more complicated mod than it seems like it would be.

Attachments

HeadTest.swf
1.1 KB · Views: 3,054

ModGuy

Content Creator
The way you're doing things now is causing a lot of extra work.
To make this a million times simpler:

Observe the matrices involved in her movement such as "her.mHer".
Scale the matrices on proxy.
Repeat for external layers like hair.

What you're doing is restricting yourself to the limitation that head/body sliders must be separate. When using the entire body transform you modify head and body at the same time.
As a final polish, rebind the slider to the scaling parameter for the matrices and you're done.

Zalord

Content Creator
I was looking at those and was trying to figure out what they do. I realized that if I stopped mHer from doing anything, the scaling issue went away but it did all sorts of terrible things to the animation so I kinda knew it had something to do with it.

What exactly are these matrices doing? Does it have to do with how the game determines how all the parts move together?

All I did for HeadTest was scale all the pieces of the head that I could find and moved them appropriately. The eventual goal is to have the head and body scale together, like you mentioned. Unless someone has a bobblehead fetish and really wants me to make them separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.