Having trouble with certain SWF files (1 Viewer)

Vancexentan

Potential Patron
Hello everyone reading I've been trying to get certain files to work on my Loader but they either don't appear correctly or don't show up completely. For example:

Shade/Dante's Dark Magician girl clothes:
https://www.undertow.club/attachments/dark-magician-girl-outfit-swf.32334/

When I try to load the costume the costume doesn't appear all the way. What I mean by this is that a portion of her chest remains unclothed leaving just the back portion and the breasts covered.

Likewise when using the clothes from Ah P's Madoka Magicka and Senran Kagura sets I'm missing the arm pieces (I thought it was the armwear that was missing but when I assigned a path to them in the moreclothesmod like i did with the collars they didn't show up)

For a link:
Madoka/Asuka in that order:
MadokaKaname_outfit.swf - Solidfiles
Asuka_clothes.swf - Solidfiles

I'm not sure if I'm doing the pathing wrong or if it's the files themselves but I'd appreciate any insight of info into the matter. Thanks in advance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello everyone reading I've been trying to get certain files to work on my Loader but they either don't appear correctly or don't show up completely.
There are two main reasons why certain files will exhibit weird layering issues (or missing pieces) with moreClothing:

1. By default, moreClothing divides each outfit into all of its separate components so that they can be mix-and-matched. Full-body costumes aren't always designed to be chopped up like that. If you load the BOTTOMS part only then you might find that the skirt doesn't actually end cleanly at the waist, because the SWF creator "expected" that the hem of the shirt will conceal the waistband of the skirt.

Very often, modders will attempt to overcome the limitations of the Template system by categorizing an item of clothing (such as a glove) as a BODY mod. This is easily overlooked by players. You'll remember to select the appropriate TOP and BOTTOMS stuff, but you won't realize that there also a BODY that you need to activate.

You can overcome this problem via the moreClothing configuration file. It allows you to "remount" each piece of the costume so that it responds to a different Selector (those ◄► buttons in the UI). If you mount several (or all) the components onto a single Selector (such as CostumeTop) then they'll all appear simultaneously when the TOP selector is switched "Dark Magician Girl" (or whatever).

The syntax can be slightly tricky. Feel free to ask for help at first, but you should eventually be able to successfully configure new SWF files by understanding and adapting the default/sample lines included in the moreClothing ZIP file. A certain amount of trial-and-error will also be involved :)

2. Loader Mods can replace entire bodyparts, in a way that's outside the bounds of @Konashion's template system. This allows modders to do crazy stuff like replacing the characters with robots or Pokemon.

moreClothing works within the template system (or rather - it works within an extended template written by @sby). This means that some Loader Mods are simply not compatible with moreClothing. If you see something tagged with <sdt loader> but NOT tagged with <moreClothing compatible> then you may need to load it conventionally -- by clicking the "Swf Mod..." button during gameplay, or by including the SWF file in a Character Folder. This is a "workaround" rather than a "solution" but it may suffice for items which you use rarely.

Solving this problem is more difficult than the first problem. You'd need to ask a SDT modder to dissect the SWF file and repackage it as a vanilla import.

--------------------

DarkMagicianGirl.swf exhibits the first problem. It should load properly with the following line:

Code:
Dark Magician Girl Outfit.swf=DMG Outfit:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear>CostumeTop:CostumeCollar>CostumeTop:Body>CostumeTop

Asuka_clothes.swf exhibits the first problem. It should load properly with the following line:

Code:
Asuka_clothes.swf=Asuka Outfit:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeCollar>CostumeTop:Body>CostumeTop

MadokaKaname_outfit.swf exhibits the first problem. It should load properly with the following line:

Code:
MadokaKaname_outfit.swf=Kaname Outfit:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeCollar>CostumeTop:Body>CostumeTop

Lucky you! No SWF revisions are needed ... yet :)

Vancexentan

Potential Patron
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. I was alright with the outfits missing a piece or two for the last two but the dark magician girl bothered me something fierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.