[GW2] Trouble with uMod! see posts (1 Viewer)

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
Link to original unedited .DDS, ripped while my charr was wearing no equipment.
TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

The modding I've done so far is pretty much all trial and error, and I'm a bit of a stranger to .DDS files, I've worked with them in the past, I know they are textures with multiple layers or something? In any case, I've ripped the character texture from my Charr for Guild Wars 2 and made myself a couple nude mods, seen here and here <-both NSFW

However, when I apply these mods via uMod, it also replaces, quite messily, the texture of every other player in the game, as well as any armor I equip and my minimap. I'm not entirely sure what is going on here, I'm working on the .DDS in photoshop CS6 using nvidia's .DDS plugin, and when I load it in there are no layers, however there is clearly stuff underneath what I see, as when I select an area and try to delete, it defaults to 'Content aware' which deletes the top layer of what I have select only to reveal a mess of other textures below it. Maybe a different program to edit this in is the key?

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a few screens of what I'm loading and saving
19e3e78661b606a2e011036e3d85b152.png

7dc1728e63deb670ae7b131709c43222.png
e22a3f36b43b5c344647a141a51bff39.png
5a9d2d4278610554fe96636dd5dc4294.png

These are the first save options I found that worked without causing the game to crash when I loaded the texture package, not sure if this is optimal.

Last edited:

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
Could you share the original dds file?
Can do! I was just thinking this morning that it might help to post that up here. Give me a few though, my guild wars 2 is currently updating, but once its done I'll get ingame and rip a clean copy of the texture to post here.

I'll edit it into the main post

Ray Wing

Content Creator
There are no hidden textures in this file. According to DDS header it's DXT5 compressed file (not DXT3). And it has 9 mipmap levels (one main surface and 8 mipmaps) which is slightly unusual for 1024x1024 texture. I thought it always have 11 mipmap levels: 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, 8x8, ..., 1024x1024. But this file has no 1x1 and 2x2 mipmaps.

Try to load it with mipmaps, edit main surface and all mipmaps and save it as DXT5 with "Use Existing MIP maps".

Other unrelated textures corruption you observe could be caused by incorrect compression and mipmap count.

Last edited:

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
There are no hidden textures in this file. According to DDS header it's DXT5 compressed file (not DXT3). And it has 9 mipmap levels (one main surface and 8 mipmaps) which is slightly unusual for 1024x1024 texture. I thought it always have 11 mipmap levels: 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, 8x8, ..., 1024x1024. But this file has no 1x1 and 2x2 mipmaps.

Try to load it with mipmaps, edit main surface and all mipmaps and save it as DXT5 with "Use Existing MIP maps".

Other unrelated textures corruption you observe could be caused by incorrect compression and mipmap count.

Gave that a try, but there was no difference
82d190b471296966ed22a0f8604d69df.jpg

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Have you tried to use unmodified texture via uMod? Does it cause same effect?

Have you erased (made transparent) any areas of this texture for your mod?

Try to fill the whole texture with solid green color and use it via uMod and see what happens.

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
Have you tried to use unmodified texture via uMod? Does it cause same effect?

Have you erased (made transparent) any areas of this texture for your mod?

Try to fill the whole texture with solid green color and use it via uMod and see what happens.

I tried loading the texture unmodified, and it did in fact wreak havoc on others textures, as well as my minimap.

As for erasing, yes, as you can see in the first shots I posted of the texture in photoshop, the big black areas are where I have erased, in both the alpha layer and the top layer.

I'll try the solid green thing soon

[edit] tried it, these are the results
5e60c6e550b4b8922803e19092242d04.jpg

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I tried loading the texture unmodified, and it did in fact wreak havoc on others textures, as well as my minimap.
Seems like uMod issue to me. If even unmodified texture causes this.

Btw, is the DDS file name same as uMod saves it or is it renamed by you? I'm confused about "xxxx" part. It should be texture hash there instead of xxxx.

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
Seems like uMod issue to me. If even unmodified texture causes this.

Btw, is the DDS file name same as uMod saves it or is it renamed by you? I'm confused about "xxxx" part. It should be texture hash there instead of xxxx.

yes it is a texture hash code that I replaced, just in case it could be used to identify my account :P
if thats important I can send it to you, but yea, it does seem like a uMod issue... not sure what else I could do to remedy the situation

Ray Wing

Content Creator
If hash code is there then I don't need it. I just thought that maybe uMod is unable to calculate hash sometimes and uses "xxxx" texture for all other textures without a hash. But that's not the case. I'm out of ideas for now.

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
If hash code is there then I don't need it. I just thought that maybe uMod is unable to calculate hash sometimes and uses "xxxx" texture for all other textures without a hash. But that's not the case. I'm out of ideas for now.

Well thank you for attempting! I'll keep trying at it if ever I find new info, I will totally make nude mods for all races if I can figure this out.

OtterDragon

Potential Patron
Just to let people know I'm still working on this! If anyone has suggestions, or alternative programs/methods of putting this texture in game in such a way that it wont interfere with other textures, let me know

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I see. Are you going to expand Resorep to make it support more games in future?
Not sure if I will. But if I decide to do it I will rather integrate DX11 code into uMod since its sources are available and it has more convenient UI and texture saving.

Vergil

Content Creator
Not sure if I will. But if I decide to do it I will rather integrate DX11 code into uMod since its sources are available and it has more convenient UI and texture saving.

That sounds wonderful! I would test some games for you if you're going to make the DX11 uMod version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.