God Eater 2: Rage Burst! (1 Viewer)

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Please not be confused with God Eater: Resurrection (remake of first game).

I made a post on this upcoming release a while ago in the upcoming games thread. it is released now and I'm playing it on PC. Glorious 60fps action. If you're looking for more screens or vids be aware that PS4 is at 30fps to enable crossplay with Vita. Vita screens obviously has reduced textures and such.

I highly recommend this game if you want something action gameplay. There is multiplayer where you can hunt enemies with a small team, a bit like normal missions in Vindictus. Your character is not tied to a single class like an MMO, you can craft and use whatever weapon you want.

latest

ge2rb_pc_(3).jpg

Combat
29135153962_99bea351e5_o.jpg

Gifs
latest

latest

latest

Bonus Videos.
Character Creation
Clothes top
Clothes bottom

Anime
God Eater on Crunchyroll!

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
UMod works with this, I've gotten a couple Licca textures for Resurrection done through it, and outfits support alpha map manipulation

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
I... I'm tempted to remove the stupid looking bellybutton on some of the regular shirts using uMod. What were they thinking. lol. Don't make me wear shirts with innies for no reason. :confused::confused::confused:

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Ok. I used the tools to extract game files form the qpck but I have no idea what I'm looking at. The files are not known types for me. A bunch of .bin, .pres and even more weird ones like blz2 or something. Any ways, I had hoped it would give me direct access to some textures, maybe it does but I just don't know where or how but more likely I'm just in over my head at this point.

So I guess next time I get some free time I'll dig out uMod again and try some textures with that. God I hate uMod. I mean... I appreciate what it allows us to do but by god it feels dated and isn't pleasant to use.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Didn't get anywhere. Maybe I used the wrong versions of uMod but I couldn't get any textures out of it. I tried all the versions I had on my computer at the time, which is actually quite a few of them. My desire to mod the game slowly left as I finished up the higher end content and started to look for other games to play.

If you manage to get uMod to work, let me know which version you're using. Or post some of the extracted textures here and I might take a stab at it with my horrible photoshop skills.

As for whether it will work for Resurrection... I assume it would. While Resurrection is released after GE2RB the core of the game is still older. I don't think they changed too much behind the scenes.

Boronic

Swell Supporter
I managed to get something to work with God Eater Resurrection
JjWiga0.jpg

16xWgSI.jpg

This may seem interesting, but it came with a few drawbacks...
1. It required umod r53 which caused my game to load about 10 times slower and caused some instability.
2. It requires a costume that doesn't appear until you are dozens of hours into the game called the Smash Bikini. (The texture can also be applied to the other bikini tops but this was the earliest one I was able to make.)

EDIT: Deleted Broken link

I think this outfit is also in GE2, but I haven't found it yet. If you have found it, you can find and replace their textures with my textures using umod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Speaking of God Eater 2, I also got a topless mod going with the "punk top" from that game.
8zJtxgR.jpg

But it left a big hole in her back which I had to patch up by recoloring a portion of the top itself which... didn't work great
DZ4QXMK.jpg

(Whats also fun, is that the skin texture is universal, which causes her nipples to make guest appearances in other outfits...)

Like this one
FJ9CZ5G.jpg

and this one
XJtJ6dJ.jpg

If anyone wants these files too, just ask and I'll put them in this reply. Keep in mind that these have most of the same issues as the other mod, with the exception that the "punk top" is unlocked much earlier in this game than the "Smash Bikini" is in GER.

EDIT:
Since sombody asked, here is the texture files for this game too.
EDIT: Deleted Broken link
Remember: These are just textures. This requires umod or some other texture injector.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boronic

Swell Supporter
That is great. Will you continue working on other costumes? See through/wet tank top would be great addition!
So, my secret is that I'm actually a terrible digital artist. The only art that I had to do myself were the nipples on the skin texture, which were just 6 pixies big due to how incredibly low res the skin texture is. Trying to do see through stuff didn't really work out due to the higher res textures requiring more artistic ability than I have. (Same with the wet shirt stuff).

Also, it turns out that God Eater 2 is a lot more stingy with the amount of skin it renders under it's outfits, meaning that the mod I did to get the character topless with the Smash Bikini in the first game doesn't actually work in the second game, because GE2 doesn't fully render her breasts under her bikini top.

My main goal for GE2 is to get the player character completely topless, with no "holes" to cover up, like I did in God Eater Resurrection. (And maybe bottomless if possible.) However, I'm at the mercy of the game's outfits when it comes to this goal. I'm past the (first?) credits in both games and there are still more outfits to unlock, so if I make a breakthrough or a new mod, this thread will be the first to know.

Sorry for the long post.

Boronic

Swell Supporter
Oh, and if you (Sausage&Eggs) are or know a texture artist and you're having trouble with umod, you could request characters and outfits you want edited and I could post those textures in this thread if that would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.