Glowing Right Arm (1 Viewer)

americanole

Potential Patron
So, there is by all means not gamebreaking just slightly annoying bug where Her right arm will have different colour from the body and glow a little. It's easily reproducable for me by either loading new characters (not all of them) or if I just keep randomising, usually one in three girls has said issue.

index.php

Arm can get bugged in either position (back, on legs, on his legs etc.), however, to get it unbugged, you have to set her right arm to 'back' if it has bugged in either position apart from 'back'. Then it will unbug and you can set it back to where it was without any issues, however, after you switch from 'back' to any other position, resetting it to 'back' will have the bug on it again. The one you can't remove unless you pick different character.
If arm bugs in 'back' position, you can change to any other position and it will be okay, but you won't be able to set it to 'back', it will always be bugged there.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 911

americanole

Potential Patron
Still having same issue. When loading new character, her arm might bug out forcing me to scroll through arm options to reset it. Is there any fix or at least what's causing this? Would it be possible to write some sort of script which would scroll out through all the arm options before loading new character?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i believe we have established that it is caused by body mods, specifically placing objects on one of the arm layers.

i think i came up with a 'fix' that essentially changes body mods to use the clothing layer of the arms instead arm's body layer itself that i discussed with modguy.
i don't think modguy did anything with the suggestion, as it might make all vanilla mods that have arm clothing inproperly layer; but this inproper layering was never tested, and nobody would probably notice.

i suggested it as a default option in the loader to swap this layer, then if people see any layering issues with specific mods they could swap it back. but pretty sure it would be a quick fix, if i remember my suggestion correctly. pretty sure it was just a single line replacement in the modhelper.

if modguy wants to add this and can't find the past conversation, just holla.

ModGuy

Content Creator
I don't really want to add in anything that would modify the default behaviour of vanilla mods for obvious reasons, no point in fixing one bug and creating another.
I am open to you including this fix to your bundled template extension.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
MG said:
I don't really want to add in anything that would modify the default behaviour of vanilla mods for obvious reasons, no point in fixing one bug and creating another.
I am open to you including this fix to your bundled template extension.
hmm, although it does fit into the same code of the templateextension -aka- moremodtypes, i would probably create a small thing people could add to the init pile to do the simple change. the template extension does not add any downfall to vanilla things, as they are are new modtypes being added. so i don't really want to necessarily require the change with the extra modtypes.

plus, then i could call it vanillaarmpatch or something like that xD

edit - go grab vanillaarmpatchV1 from my thread, i believe it should solve your issue.
this is indeed quite the hack/work around, as we haven't figured out exactly what is causing the arm's skin to play through the skin tones (or more likely tan)

i guess you could consider this 'solved', but i wouldn't really call this the proper solution.
~also not sure if you can solve bugs, not like this is the official SDT

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.