Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Rooney Mara) (1 Viewer)

Cortez

Potential Patron
Any fans of this movie/girl?

Here's a profile reference shot of what I'm looking for.

tumblr_m1b0upLhET1qc7ex9o1_500.png

Any way to get the piercings, makeup and lack of eyebrows too?

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Here we go, try this on:

Attachments

• LisbethX3_Preview.png
    LisbethX3_Preview.png
    328.2 KB · Views: 710
  • Lisbethx3.png
    Lisbethx3.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 340

Ashburn

Potential Patron
For a second i thought you found a way to get the browpiercing to work, but i see you have the same problems as i have, TOlive. Drives me up the wall when i see her brows moving but the piercing staying fixed. Oh well.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Maybe you could make a mod that connects the piercing to the eyebrow layer? I dunno.

Ashburn

Potential Patron
TOlive said:
Maybe you could make a mod that connects the piercing to the eyebrow layer? I dunno.

tbh i'm not good at making mods. Wasn't intending to criticize you either, just an observation. Right now i for one am only able to get believable piercings on the non-moving parts of the face, so ears, upper lip, nose, noseridge but unfortunately not lower lip and brow.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Ashburn said:
TOlive said:

tbh i'm not good at making mods. Wasn't intending to criticize you either, just an observation. Right now i for one am only able to get believable piercings on the non-moving parts of the face, so ears, upper lip, nose, noseridge but unfortunately not lower lip and brow.

No please, don't misunderstand my tone. It wasn't a "Why don't YOU make it" kinda' thing, just more of a "if it were to be done, maybe this would be a way" thing. I haven't messed around with the flash mods nearly as much as I'd have liked either.

Cortez

Potential Patron
You rock TOlive! Great work. I love the piercings, however the hair looks a bit off, in particular the bangs. You've inspired me to take a stab at hair design for this game. I want to make her perfect!

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
I think if you just erase the bangs in the bottom-left section (the behind the head part) that should give you closer to what you're looking for. I was working from a different photo ref where her hair had fallen to the side instead of being pushed back in the ref you posted.

I can't get this out of my head, so I reworked it a little.

Attachments

• LisbethX4_Preview.png
    LisbethX4_Preview.png
    325.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Lisbethx4.png
    Lisbethx4.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 243

Cortez

Potential Patron
So here's what I came up with. I took the reference photo and just mapped the hair onto a template, plus TOlive's piercings. This is my first hair mod. What do you think?

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• DragonTattoo Preview.jpg
    DragonTattoo Preview.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,832
  • LisbethBack.png
    LisbethBack.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Lisbethx3.9.png
    Lisbethx3.9.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 215

Cortez

Potential Patron
I sized and angled the original photo over the hair template and made sure the eyes, ears and lips matched up. Then I played with the contrast and posterization filters in photoshop until the hair was stark black against white. I cut out the background, then added another copy of the original hair on top, with less severe posterization filtering to add texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.