Getting Started with SDT (1 Viewer)

ReadDxD

Potential Patron
This technically counts as a request. I just now got this, and after looking around a bit Original creator is poof, and people around here have improved the actual program beyond his legacy, but the site move or whatever that happened here makes everything link to "Undertow is Live", so I'm requesting to be directed to a working link for this stuff and if at all possible a crash course on everything I need to know.

Also, Wow, I must have bad timing considering this site move is brand spanking new.

stuntcock

Content Creator
"Request" means "please create a specific hair file for me, so that I can include that character in my SDT gameplay." General requests for advice or assistance belong on the Help board,

You can find a very good introduction to SDT gameplay and modding in sby's FAQ thread. Unfortunately it was slightly mangled during the website migration and most of its content is currently unreadable. He'll probably fix it within the next few days. In the meantime: you can start a reply, which dumps the entire post into the text-editor window and allows you to read the whole thing.

The recommended starting point is to install sby's Loader Pack. You can find it in sby's Loader Imports thread, beneath the yellow-text heading (--- Sby Loader Pack(s): ---). This pack will start you off with a lot of extra content (e.g. hairstyles, clothes, hats) and a bunch of useful mods (most notably animtools, which allows you to escape from the basic kneeling-fellatio scenario and explore other sexual positions, such as doggystyle).

The only downside to sby's Loader Pack is that the extra stuff increases the game's load time noticeably. As you begin to explore the SDT forum and download additional mods, you may be annoyed by the amount of time needed to restart the game when testing out new mods. That's okay! None of the bonus content is "hardcoded" - you're free to edit the various TXT configuration files in order to exclude content (such as extra hats) which you rarely use, or disable entire mods which you dislike.

If you have the worlds fastest computer, and you're not at all bothered by loading times, then you could jump straight into something like the 666 girls megapack. It's a prepackaged combination of mods and content files which aims to provide you with six hundred and sixty six unique characters - right at your fingertips. It also allows you to activate special gameplay modes (such as x-ray vision) through the normal GUI, without tinkering with external SWF files. The main downside is that it takes 60+ seconds to start the game, which is very inconvenient if you're still experimenting with the game or testing new mods. The plethora of extra content also seems to degrade the game's performance (FPS), although your mileage may vary on that point.

ReadDxD

Potential Patron
Thank you for all the help, and sorry I checked tutorial and wasnt allowed to post and I guess I just didnt notice the button at help because of that so I came to requests. If we can move it to help anyone new like me in this time that would be great, if not It should probably deleted, but I dont think I have the right to do that.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I will be happy to move the thread. Can I have a suggestion for a meaningful topic title (Crsh course doesn;t say what the subject is) and a destination?
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

ReadDxD

Potential Patron
Well it should probably be moved to help, and I guess "Getting Started with SDT?" would be a decent new title?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i fixed a few links in that help thread that i could easily find and made the post not break from attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.