Getting Angry! (1 Viewer)

ChilledNova

Potential Patron
The loader is giving me shit again. Or, being shit. I keep getting a fucking black background, and now can't load any swf files.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I keep getting a fucking black background, and now can't load any swf files.
We need information in order to troubleshoot the problem.
  • Are you trying to run the game in a web browser?
  • Which Flash Player version are you using?
    • Try running the Flash Player Projector content debugger instead, to check whether any errors appear during startup or during gameplay. You can revert to your usual Flash Player once we've resolved this problem.
  • Which Loader version are you running?
    • If you're working with a particular Loader pack (such as Weewillie's, sby's, the 666 pack, etc) then please say so.
  • Please list the contents of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file so that we can check for irregularities.
  • Does "black background" refer to the space immediately around and behind the characters? Or are you talking about the pillarbox border on the left and right sides of the game window?
    • In either case, it would be useful to provide screenshot.
  • Which SWF file(s) are you attempting to load?
    • Could you please attempt to load a vanilla import (example), and then a Loader mod (example)? We need ot figure out whether it's only Loader mods which are affected by the problem.
    • Could you attempt to load a PNG hairstyle or background, so that we can check whether it's a general file-access problem?
    • Are you attempting to load the files manually, or via Character Folders, or via moreClothing? For troubleshooting purposes, please attempt to load them manually (but please report any errors or complications which occur when loading via the other methods).
  • Which operating system are you using?
    • If you're running the game on a really weird hardware platform (e.g. BlackBerry) then please mention that as well.

ChilledNova

Potential Patron
We need information in order to troubleshoot the problem.
  • Are you trying to run the game in a web browser?
  • Which Flash Player version are you using?
    • Try running the Flash Player Projector content debugger instead, to check whether any errors appear during startup or during gameplay. You can revert to your usual Flash Player once we've resolved this problem.
  • Which Loader version are you running?
    • If you're working with a particular Loader pack (such as Weewillie's, sby's, the 666 pack, etc) then please say so.
  • Please list the contents of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file so that we can check for irregularities.
  • Does "black background" refer to the space immediately around and behind the characters? Or are you talking about the pillarbox border on the left and right sides of the game window?
    • In either case, it would be useful to provide screenshot.
  • Which SWF file(s) are you attempting to load?
    • Could you please attempt to load a vanilla import (example), and then a Loader mod (example)? We need ot figure out whether it's only Loader mods which are affected by the problem.
    • Could you attempt to load a PNG hairstyle or background, so that we can check whether it's a general file-access problem?
    • Are you attempting to load the files manually, or via Character Folders, or via moreClothing? For troubleshooting purposes, please attempt to load them manually (but please report any errors or complications which occur when loading via the other methods).
  • Which operating system are you using?
    • If you're running the game on a really weird hardware platform (e.g. BlackBerry) then please mention that as well.
I'm using flashplayer23, and I'm using the Loader by ModGuy. The background being black that I'm referring to is the pillarbox. And none of the swf mods are appearing for me to be able to load them.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm using flashplayer23, and I'm using the Loader by ModGuy.
Okay, no problems so far. Do you have answers for the remaining questions? Web browser, Loader version, list of $INIT$ mods, screenshots, etc...

The background being black that I'm referring to is the pillarbox.
The pillarbox color is defined in the Settings.txt file. Black is the default. So if your Settings file has become lost or damaged (possibly while attempting to update to a new Loader version) then that would explain why the border became black.

And none of the swf mods are appearing for me to be able to load them.
A missing Settings file does not explain this problem. Can you please clarify what you mean, though?
  • you click the "Swf Mod..." button and navigate to a folder full of SWF files, but the Browse window refuses to display any of them for you to choose. The folder appears empty when viewed in SDT, but full when viewed through a file-browser application.
  • the SWF files appear in the Browse window, but an error appears when you try to actually choose one of them.
  • the SWF file is accepted by the Browse window, but it never actually appears in-game.
  • I've completely misunderstood the situation; it's something else entirely (please explain if this is the case)
Also - could you please try the mod-loading stuff again with the Flash Player Projector content debugger (instead of the normal Flash Player) to check for runtime exceptions?

ChilledNova

Potential Patron
Okay, no problems so far. Do you have answers for the remaining questions? Web browser, Loader version, list of $INIT$ mods, screenshots, etc...

The pillarbox color is defined in the Settings.txt file. Black is the default. So if your Settings file has become lost or damaged (possibly while attempting to update to a new Loader version) then that would explain why the border became black.

A missing Settings file does not explain this problem. Can you please clarify what you mean, though?
  • you click the "Swf Mod..." button and navigate to a folder full of SWF files, but the Browse window refuses to display any of them for you to choose. The folder appears empty when viewed in SDT, but full when viewed through a file-browser application.
  • the SWF files appear in the Browse window, but an error appears when you try to actually choose one of them.
  • the SWF file is accepted by the Browse window, but it never actually appears in-game.
  • I've completely misunderstood the situation; it's something else entirely (please explain if this is the case)
Also - could you please try the mod-loading stuff again with the Flash Player Projector content debugger (instead of the normal Flash Player) to check for runtime exceptions?
I have no idea what runtime exceptions are my friend, and I can see the swf files in an outside folder. But when I try to open them from SDT, they simply aren't there.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.