Games with Ryona - Playing vs watching videos (1 Viewer)

ryona boiz

Potential Patron
Interested in hearing whether people prefer to be hands on and play games with ryona over watching videos of ryona.

I find myself preferring to actually play the games myself as it gives me the control to set up a scenario and/or a mental role play for the characters and in turn, feels much more satisfying over watching edited clips of ryona.

kubi mage

Club Regular
I think everyone would rather play. It gets annoying when you're watching a video and even though the subject matter is close it doesn't quite align with your own tastes.

Sometimes circumstances just force you to seek video though, like for example a channel that does cheats/mods but doesn't share them and only makes videos.

D

Deleted member 31

Cop out answer but I’m equally a fan of both.

As people mentioned when you are playing the game and interacting with it, the role playing aspect is really strong and you can really feel the desperation of your character (if you’re the victim) or you can really feel like you’re dishing out attacks as the villain.

But at the same time I love the video format for games because it allows you to create sequences you simply can’t create in a game. You can combine cutscene and gameplay clips, make a normal cutscene a really sexy one when edited smartly and taken out of context. You can make the audio vastly better (virtua fighter 5 comes to mind, the actual game voices are terrible). Not to mention slow motion is great in ryona videos, since some games have really fast animations that are over too quickly. Finally, telling a ryona story and adding custom music really elevates the drama and dire situation for the character that’s in trouble.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster

As people mentioned when you are playing the game and interacting with it, the role playing aspect is really strong and you can really feel the desperation of your character (if you’re the victim) or you can really feel like you’re dishing out attacks as the villain.

But at the same time I love the video format for games because it allows you to create sequences you simply can’t create in a game. You can combine cutscene and gameplay clips, make a normal cutscene a really sexy one when edited smartly and taken out of context. You can make the audio vastly better (virtua fighter 5 comes to mind, the actual game voices are terrible). Not to mention slow motion is great in ryona videos, since some games have really fast animations that are over too quickly. Finally, telling a ryona story and adding custom music really elevates the drama and dire situation for the character that’s in trouble.
i like the idea of ryona stories in theory, but i haven't seen it work well very often! agree that a really well done one can be as good as playing, maybe better in some cases

Zaysha

Master of this Domain
Play - if i can get my hands on it
Watch - if I can't get my hands on it OR the game is too frustrating for me OR I'm just over-leveled

A good deal of my search is... watch a video, is this game ryona worthy? Then find a way to get it. If not, I'm stuck by the mercy who creates these videos.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I feel like I agree with Tonug a lot, however I believe that I do feel a tiny bit more comfortable playing the ryona out myself (usually as the victim, even more so since I have actually played the victim in other people's Tekken 7 videos lately... and, well, my universal bad luck trying to play others online on my own channel). Watching videos can have a convenience factor (like the video has camera hacks or very good video and sound editing to expand on the scene) and, again, be close to how you'd imagine your favorite girl being in a hopeless or humiliating ryona situation that you probably never would've seen on your own power, but often times than not, there may be some things featured that aren't your cup of tea. Usually for me, it's either the clothes that girl's wearing (most game videos just love putting them in bikinis and such, for example, but for me I've never liked them that much and prefer casual or fashionable wear) or the attacker is the same as a lot of other like-minded videos with little variety, or the editing is very lazy and it takes away from the video as a whole.

I suppose it's a complete immersion thing. When its me playing... and losing... that's just exactly it. That's ME, losing. Like in Tekken, that's my Xiaoyu or Lili, wearing my own tastes of outfits that I love and prefer, moving as I would try to move, attack, and ultimately win a fight with her, being dominated and humiliated by said King, Dragunov, Nina, Chloe.... heck, ideally even another Xiaoyu or Lili in my own preferred tastes. And when I lose it's usually overwhelmingly bad, so that just adds to the fact that I was just that powerless to prevent that opponent from having their way with my favorite character and turning her into their plaything. I do admit that while I don't mind and enjoy losing as long as its a close battle, I get really embarrassed if I wind up losing in a landslide victory in my gameplay channel videos. It may be set as a typical gameplay video since I no longer edit but to me, that's when that ryona side kicks in. It's a sinking feeling when I get beaten by someone that's just that much better than me... or by someone I know I understand the game better than them but for some reason I just kept letting my guard down at all the wrong times, and I often feel that feeling translates to the girl I'm playing as also feeling that exact same way. It's more 'personal', so to speak, so it makes watching that happen 'stronger', I suppose.

Ultimately, when you watch other ryona videos, while that's nice, it's still not quite MY experience or preference with ryona; just observing and hopefully enjoying other peoples takes, but when you play it out and it happens to YOU while you're playing as said ryona victim (or, to others, as the attacker), well... that's a completely different feeling, and it tends to be a greater feeling... (pictures are a 'case in point', from my latest gameplay video on Youtube.)

Attachments

• 20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.02.20_[2018.05.08_03.33.41].jpg
    20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.02.20_[2018.05.08_03.33.41].jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.09.53_[2018.05.08_03.49.56].jpg
    20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.09.53_[2018.05.08_03.49.56].jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.20.25_[2018.05.08_03.34.40].jpg
    20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_00.20.25_[2018.05.08_03.34.40].jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_01.33.06_[2018.05.08_03.33.03].jpg
    20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_01.33.06_[2018.05.08_03.33.03].jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_01.36.44_[2018.05.08_12.17.48].jpg
    20180507233610.mp4_snapshot_01.36.44_[2018.05.08_12.17.48].jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Deleted member 150613

Potential Patron
I like both equally, because with playing you can make up your own scenario but with videos(if done correctly)have something that just playing doesn't have and that's flow. I guess you could say I could just make a video for myself but watching your own work doesn't really do it.

TortureRack

Avid Affiliate

Are you the same tonug that made the MK9 Jade ryona video on YouTube? If so, then I'm a big fan.

To answer the question though, I prefer playing rather than simply watching because I like being able to control the ryona itself. Though there are some great videos out there that make me like watching it as well.

aaravkumar

Vivacious Visitor
Why not both? If possible I like to play the game and then record at the same time. It is inexplicably more satisfying for me to watch my own videos. I can watch them over and over again.

TortureRack

Avid Affiliate
Why not both? If possible I like to play the game and then record at the same time. It is inexplicably more satisfying for me to watch my own videos. I can watch them over and over again.

I do the same thing with the PS4 gallery. I wish I had the time to learn how to edit videos though.

D

Deleted member 31

Are you the same tonug that made the MK9 Jade ryona video on YouTube? If so, then I'm a big fan.

To answer the question though, I prefer playing rather than simply watching because I like being able to control the ryona itself. Though there are some great videos out there that make me like watching it as well.
i am, thank you! Glad you liked it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.