Gah, saving customs on loader... (Please don't kill me.) (1 Viewer)

Curious

Potential Patron
I really should know better, having been playing this game for so long, but a mixture of technical ineptitude and general stupidity have left me at a loss here. I've been trying to save a custom character for the loader, using the way I've seen on the boards - that is, creating a folder in the 'mods' folder holding the SWFs, background, hair and code I want to load. I think I have everything set up properly, with the mod.txt in the folder listing all my swfs, and the mod.txt of the 'mods' folder listing the folder holding my custom set up. However, I can't get it to load properly in the loader - the SWFS, hair and background load fine, but the code stays the same, so her skin colour, eye colour, ect remain untouched.

As far as I understand, the code is made by using the loader to generate the code, then copy/pasting the code into notepad and saving it in the folder of my custom character as 'code', right? Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Kyro

Potential Patron
Yeah, for some reason it wont load skin codes(well manually it does) or ''position'' either in a web browser(Well I'm using Firefox dunno if you are or if it is just browsers full stop) but it works in a standalone flash player. >.>

Curious

Potential Patron
Cool, I'll try opening it in just a normal flash player. I'm using Chrome, BTW, so I'd say if that's the case then it's web browsers in general. Thanks!

ModGuy

Content Creator
Kyro said:
Yeah, for some reason it wont load X in a web browser

Potentially a security measure to prevent access to local files from within a browser environment.
Consider it a feature, a pain in the ass feature.
Although by now you should all be using the standalone, otherwise you're wasting everyone's time helping to debug issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.