[PC] FX Fighter (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
FX Fighter is an old PC game with bad-looking 3D graphics but which still holds good ryona potential today thanks mostly to its fantastic camera system.

fight000.png

Ryona synopsis : Out of 8 characters and a boss, three are legible females - one is a normal girl, one is a blue goddess, the other is a cat-girl. There is a fourth listed female fighter who is actually a walking mantis that likes to suck the life out of her victims... literally! There is also a huge rock creature, whose sex is unknown and has great ryona moves, and a robot with sharp-pointed propellers instead of hands. Lastly your opponents include two human males, one of which is a monk who has the awesome backbreaker grab pictured above. The boss is pretty strong, and should he knock you down, he almost immediately grabs you, twirls you around then sends you flying halfway across the stage. Yes, in addition to the several moves and grabs, every character has two ground hits!

What makes this game really special is that you can control the camera in real-time during fighting! There is one camera which pans around on its own based on the moves you are currently moving off as well as your proximity to the stage's end ; and there are several more cameras which are fixed to the side / top / left / right etc of the fighters, which you can zoom in and out at will! No other game allows such freedom, and you can certainly put them to good use, seeing your favourite ryona move from every camera angle is an awesome treat!

fight022.png

Instructions to get it working : Download the zip file found at the end of this post and extract it into a new folder, then run that folder's "Fight.exe" file. In case the game cannot start, try running it through DosBox(*). You may run "Setup" prior to playing in order to enable the sound, but doing so may cause the game to crash after a few fights (it does so for me).

(*) If you don't know how to use DosBox, then unzip the file to your drive's root folder using the directory name "FXFIGHT". Let's say your drive letter is X. Now run Dosbox and type : "Mount X X:\FXFight" and press Enter. Now type : "X:\" and press Enter. Now type : "Fight" and press Enter. Voila! You can adjust the game's speed by pressing Control and F11 or F12 respectively (there are other Control combinations too, just be careful not to press Control and F9 which closes the program).

fight079.png

Instructions on how to play : Be sure to configure the keys you want in the option screen before playing (notice that "attack" is the forward button). In order to block you must press Back+Punch. In 1P mode, you can select the opponent you fight against ; beat all of them and you will fight against the boss Rygil. In all, you have 5 continues. I find that jumping forward while pressing Kick is a good way to beat up your opponents and push them towards the end of the ring, assuming you don't fall off the ring yourself. Yes, Ring-Outs are extremely easy in this game which can be frustrating at first, so try and use this to your advantage as you learn the ropes. My way of winning with Sheba (with difficulty level set at 4 or 5) is to move backwards next to the stage end, carefully jump over my opponent, then jump kick them either out of the ring or close enough to crouch next to them and push them over with a single punch. Winning with Kiko can be a lot easier, just move backwards next to the stage end then grab your opponent, throwing them way off the edge.

You can switch between "Game camera" and "Fixed cameras" using the Home button , circle around cameras using the Insert and Delete buttons , and zoom in and out of the fixed cameras using the Page Up and Page Down buttons.

fight002.png

The link to download FX Fighter : FXFight.zip

Grungust

Potential Patron
Man I remember this game from way back in the day. Loved it then, although it's not going to hold up today I imagine.

I have an issue here. I'm being told that I need to enter the FX Fighter CD and restart the game every time I try and run it from DOS box. Any ideas?

Windows 7 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Potential Patron
Man I remember this game from way back in the day. Loved it then, although it's not going to hold up today I imagine.

I used to play that game like crazy as well, and I re-lived the same thrill now that I re-found it, hope that works out the same for you :-)

I have an issue here. I'm being told that I need to enter the FX Fighter CD and restart the game every time I try and run it from DOS box. Any ideas?
Try running Setup and changing the CD letter.

lamarca

Vivacious Visitor
I can't change the CD letter on Setup, there is only the C:\_
C:\ is the only installed drive in my PC btw

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
This game is one of the very first 3D fighting games for PC. By that time there were no grafic cards with 3D support, I believe the high end pc machines were Pentium one with around 120 mhz :)

@lamarca
Unfortunatelly, I dont know anymore how to configure DOSBOX. Its been a while, I used it. It takes a while to understand how DOSBOX works and it takes also a while to configure it. It works pretty good after the right configuration.

olala

Potential Patron
I can't change the CD letter on Setup, there is only the C:\_
C:\ is the only installed drive in my PC btw
you must mount it first,see the cmd command

anyway i dont notice any groin kick!? so wheres the cb move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.