1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Fragments: a side-scroller indie H-Game! (NEW DEMO!)

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by HentaiWriter, Apr 27, 2015.

1. HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter Vivacious Visitor

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Ryonaneer

Ryonaneer Avid Affiliate

Awww, cool~
    I've been waitin' to see more of this one! Looks like there's finally a demo! I gotta try it~
    That's super cool that you've got a good following on Patreon! Congrats. :3

3. Someone92

Someone92 Swell Supporter Staff Member Moderator

- The basic attack combo moves you forward. That's especially annoying when you are fighting on platforms, as it can make you fall down
    - Transition from attacking to jumping is too sluggish; that makes fighting those brutes unnerving if you have to fight them from a platform
    - Incubi take too long to kill; they have too much HP or are too hard to hit

4. HentaiWriter

Yep, we'll be changing both of these; in the upgraded demo and full game, Talia will have a regular, non-moving standing attack, a proper jumping attack, a moving attack (as in, while running you can just spam bullets), and finally, a charged attack that will move her forward slightly (basically the slash in this demo).

As far as the half-demon flying enemies, yep, their HP will be lowered.

All the maps will be reworked to make things fair while keeping things challenging, as well.

5. Ryonaneer

Ryonaneer Avid Affiliate

I would agree with the stuff said above.

Buuuut~
    I super like what you've made so far! The animations are cute n' the voice stuff is better than other H-games!

I wish the stun animation was a little more interesting. That's prolly 'cuuuuuz dizzy/stun is a fetish for me, but I feel like it could be a more interesting animation. But it still works, n' I love how it's a mechanic. Like she gets stunned n' then that's how they get their hands on her.

Keep up the good work~

6. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Not sure if this is just me but Chrome blocks the download. Bypassed it and scanned with MBAM and it came back clean. Most likely a false positive, but you might want to check on that.

Pretty nice demo so far. Makes me regret that I wasn't able to finish Takedown. Look forward to the release.

7. TricoNitroz

TricoNitroz Potential Patron

hands down, the best animations I've ever seen in an H-game. The voice is also lovely! Would love to see more enemies (25 as you promised, lol).

Are you guys planning to have taunts for the enemies (and Talia herself)? I'd love to see her being cocky and then raped by a cocky enemy. Like arkham's thugs when they taunt Catwoman, except here we actually see them rape.

8. HentaiWriter

Yeah, Chrome is likely blocking it due to the clickable links in the intro/outro, we'll likely take those out for the upgraded demo as such.

Thanks though! :D

The 25 enemies will be spread throughout the game, so we'll have 4 in each level plus a boss, plus some traps here and there (and by traps, I mean like devices that trap her, not feminine looking boys).

We definitely won't have a taunt for Talia (as she's supposed to be serious, naive, very stoic almost which comes through in her speech/behaviors) but for Mage B, something like that might be possible, as she'll be confident, aggressive, etc.

As far as the enemies having taunts, nothing like that planned so far, might be a bit out of place for the storyline, but it's not impossible :P

9. Ryonaneer

Ryonaneer Avid Affiliate

Hummm...Is the design of Mage B made? I don't know what she looks like. But she doesn't have a name yet, soooo I'm guessin' she doesn't exist at all yet, huh?

10. TricoNitroz

TricoNitroz Potential Patron

So... Are you saying that Mage B will also be playable?

11. HentaiWriter

We have a few prelim designs, but nothing concrete. :P

In the sequel, yeah :)

12. HentaiWriter

Hey everyone, the audio pack for Amisakadarthana's (the voice actress for Talia) is up! You can get it for $20, and it's got ALL the audio she's recorded so far for Future Fragments, with over 200 audio clips, including fighting sounds, erotic noises, and full spoken lines that haven't even been used in the current demo yet (over 50% of them aren't even used in-game)!

If you pledge once to this tier, you'll get a new pack each time we finish a new level for the game with the newest audio she's recorded as well!

Additionally, 20% of all profits for it go to Amisakadarthana herself; I've already paid her a flat rate for voice acting per level, so this is basically just extra bonus income for her! So if you wanna support her, this is definitely the way to go.

Note though that this audio is ONLY for PERSONAL, non-public use; that means that you're free to use it however you want so long as it's not in any projects/content/games that will be shown to the public. (That said, if you do really want to use the audio for a project, email me at hentaiwriter@gmail.com and we'll see if we can work something out with her permission!)

And, of course, you get a free copy of the game on release by pledging to this tier once as well.

Finally, there's one extra voice clip in there where Amisakadarthana thanks all of you for pledging to the game; it's non-sexual, but it's a neat extra thing where you can hear her talk naturally and so forth to you, the supporters.

Check out the new audio pack tier at Support HentaiWriter creating a game called "future fragments" :D

13. HentaiWriter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So basically, this is the boss; a gigantic demon DNA blob spawning mass, you'll be fighting it in a pretty intense situation that we think you'll like :D

(He's actually mentioned in the databanks multiple times in the current demo, check it out if you haven't already!)

If he touches you at any time, you're instantly knocked out, and the screen fades out, and fades back in to Talia looking around like in the first picture (This may sound really difficult, but with the gimmick/mechanic we have for the boss battle, it won't be easy for the boss to touch you, so no worries.)

After being fucked by the boss, the boss injects his demonic DNA into her, transforming her into a demon. (This transformation is only for this animation, and not for the rest of the game.)

Then, the screen fades out again, and will fade back in to a loop of her being railed by the boss in a different position, and so on. This game over scene will also be accompanied by dialogue, both in a text box and spoken by Amisakadarthana (Talia's voice), but if you want to view it "unbroken" in one smooth animation, it'll be in the in-game gallery too.

I’ll also have an announcement early next week regarding the “get the level editor for the game” tiers that I think you’ll all like! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  14. HentaiWriter

Okay, finally sent out all the Patron reward tier emails; sorry for the massive delay this month! If you didn't get an email from hentaiwriterpatreonrewards@gmail.com, then email me there and let me know your email you used for Patreon and I'll get right on sending you the email! (Sometimes emails go into spam, etc.)

----------------------------------------

As far as the voting for the Mage B colors, #1 won by nearly double the votes of any of the other choices; if you want a reminder of what she looked like, here's the list again!

[​IMG]

Now, onto the cool news; remember when I talked about the editor tiers having something special in them?

Well, those versions of the editor/game serve as an "in between" demo that only the people at the $50 or $100 tier levels will be getting; it has Talia's new attack setup implemented and vents to blow Talia around (with switches to turn them on/off), plus props to place around the level like boxes, power supplies, guard rails, and so forth!

So it's essentially a partially-there "Upgraded Demo", that you get to play with probably a month or so before we actually release the full Upgraded Demo to the public (and of course at that time, anyone who's ever pledged to those tiers will get a new editor update, and they'll continue to get editor updates even if they never pledge at that level again).

That said, there is a caveat to know about pledging to the $100 or the $50 tiers;

I realize that piracy is something that happens with games, especially hentai games, and we're not going to try and cull it entirely or something, especially not with the full game when it comes out; hell, you could even say some degree of piracy is GOOD for promoting the game, and some people even buy the game AFTER pirating it.

That said, as this isn't just the game alone, each of the editor programs will be unique to you, with a small amount of code that is unique to each person getting it, so we'll basically know who passes it around and so forth if anyone does.

If your version of the editor is the one getting passed around, we'll unfortunately have to ban you from the Patreon, without a refund. All of your prior rewards will be negated too, also unfortunately, but this is something we really don't want getting passed around, etc. and we feel said reaction would only be fair if you're pledging just to pass it around and so forth.

So keep that in mind when pledging to that tier!

Triangulate's also done most of the artwork for the first NPC encounter, the boss room's being worked on, and Triangulate's also working on Mage B's movement and so forth :)

15. Ryonaneer

Ryonaneer Avid Affiliate

Mmmm, it looks like a lot of new stuffs comin' around, huh?

There's a new demo comin' out sometime? With a new level or something like that?
    I ammmm trying to plan to donate on Patreon for when the new demo comes out. =)

16. HentaiWriter

Yep, we're aiming for mid-July or so!

17. mudball2

mudball2 Potential Patron

This game actually runs beautifully using Wine on Linux. Which is really rare for these adult games. It probably has something to do with you having a brain and making a good decision using C++ for the game and not some crummy third party tool or engine. xD

Not sure what APIs you're using, but it's really well done. Only problem I had was with sound, but you mentioned that it was something still in the works. Great job! I can't wait until it's finished. :)

18. HentaiWriter

Well, to be fair, we're using GameMaker as a shell for the game until we can move it fully to C++, but the game itself is completely coded in C++ outside of that shell, so yeah :D Glad to hear it!

The sound is definitely lacking right now, outside of Talia's noises/moans we don't have many other audio SFX in the demo, but we'll have many more in the upgraded demo and full game :D thanks for the praise!

19. HentaiWriter