Friendly Faceoff (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Thread title sucks, but I got nothign else. It's just a fight description basically, so... suck it. Besides this is my third story today. My creative well dried up. If you have a better one I'm open to it.

_____

"Hey, Julia!" Christie called out.

Julia was in a recliner in the study, reading a novel. "Hey Christie. What's up?"

"Well, I was just going over the fight schedule, and well.. you remember how we had a slight disagreement over who's legs were stronger? Looks like we'll be able to settle that in a week."

"Oh? What are you getting at?"

"We've got a fight next Friday."

Julia looked surprised. "We do? well, I suppose it's inevitable... friends are going to have to fight sooner or later... well, let's agree that no matter what happens out there, we're still friends after, okay?"

"You bet. But I'm not going to hold back on you just cause we're friends, and you better not hold back on me either."

"Christie, you know by now I wouldn't do that... I'm going to aim to win that fight. You better do the same."

_____

(one week later)

"Attention everyone, it's time for today's scheduled fight! Five minutes. If you're going to watch, grab a seat!" a voice boomed out over the loudspeaker.

Asuka and Xiaoyu went and sat down. Some of the other fighters were there too. "I hope they don't hurt each other too bad", said Xiaoyu.

"Well, it's a fight too, you know. And I doubt they're going to go easy on each other. It'll be hard to watch, seeing our friends do this to each other, but that's the nature of the tournament. Sooner or later I am sure you and I are going to go at it..." Asuka left it at that.

Christie entered the fight pit first, dressed in a wild coloured red and pink sports-style top, identically coloured tight shorts, and white socks and sneakers. Christie had some of the most outrageous looking wardrobe choices, yet everything she put on looked good. The red and pink was accentuated by her bronze skin tone. Of course, it did not stop her friends from playfully razzing her.

"Hey, Christie!" Xiaoyu called out, getting her attention. "You look like a giant bottle of Pepto Bismol!" Christie smiled and flipped her off. Asuka pantomimed throwing up. Christie laughed. "I'm gonna smack you two after this!"

Julia entered the arena, wearing her traditional Indian heritage style outfit of a denim skirt, brown boots, and green tank top with a brown top. Julia took one look at Christie, and immediately pointed and laughed in an over the top kind of way so Christie would know she was only kidding. Christie feigned irritation. "You almost done yet there, laughsalot?"

"Anybody lose a parrot?" Julia called out, which drew some laughs.

Christie tried not to laugh. "Look, did you come to fight or tell jokes?"

"I don't see why I can't do both. Hey! Somebody call the zoo, I think their bird of paradise got loose!"

The fight began, and Julia immediately got serious. She met Christie in the middle of the pit and extended her hand. "Remember, still friends, no matter what happens. Okay?"

Christie shook her hand. "Okay. And no holding back, because I won't."

Julia and Christie faced off, neither wanting to make the first mistake. After a minute of feints and fakes, Asuka stood up and yelled out "BOOOO!" They both looked over at her and flipped her off. She laughed and sat down.

Directing their attention back to each other, Julia darted in suddenly, grabbing ahold of Christie's legs, tackling her. Christie grunted and tried to kick Julia off her, but Julia held on, and tried to kneel over her in a mount position. She clipped Christie with a couple punches, but didn't get all the impact, before Christie drew her legs up, hooked Julia's arms, and pushed forward, pulling Julia over backwards off of her. They both rolled backward to their feet. Julia tried to stay on the offensive, and darted in again, but Christie sidestepped her and landed a roundhouse kick to her right rib cage. Julia grunted once and backed off, momentarily holding her ribs, trying not to look hurt. Christie knew Julia had a weak point now, and Julia knew that Christie knew. Christie did a handstand, whipping her legs around like a propeller. Julia stepped back, and when Christie had finished the kick and flipped forward, Julia was there to meet her with a knee to the jaw. Christie's forward momentum took her into Julia's knee coming at her from the opposite way, increasing the impact of that simple move. Christie's eyes fluttered for a split second as she fell backward. Julia went to pounce on her, but Christie drew her legs up and caught Julia with her feet. Kicking her powerful legs straight out overhead, she lobbed Julia through the air. Julia hit the floor hard, wincing with the pain in her ribs. They stood and faced each other, Julia feeling her ribs to see if any were broken, Christie testing her jaw. Hard blows had been landed by both women, neither of them breaking their promise to each other.

Julia threw a double hook punch, from each side. Christie dodged, thinking there was only one, but she moved her head right into the other one. It momentarily scrambled her brain. Sensing Christie had been caught off guard, Julia ripped into Christie's exposed stomach with a hard kick. Even Christie's strong muscles folded under the force of Julia's kicks. She doubled over, and Julia hooked up Christie's arms, then flipped her over in a big suplex. Christie hit the ground hard and grunted in pain. Julia tried to get into a mount position, but Christie brought her legs up, and quickly grabbed Julia's arm, then wrapped her legs around Julia's head and squeezed with a triangle choke. Now it was Julia who was caught off guard at the speed with which she found herself switching from offense to defense. As Christie choked her, Julia rained down punches to her face in an attempt to break the hold. She had hit Christie in the face eight times. Finally, the ninth one loosened the hold, which was a fortunate break for her as if she had stayed in it any longer, her physical strength would have given out and she would not have been able to break it. Christie began kicking Julia in her right rib cage. The blows were not fierce, but they were enough. Julia winced with every blow, trying not to let on the extent it hurt, but she had to give up the position to avoid more damage. Christie pushed Julia off her, then suddenly she was on the offensive. She pinned Julia's arms down, and then began punching her in the ribs she knew were damaged. Julia began to grunt louder and louder in pain until every blow felt like a hand grenade exploding in her body. She worked one of her hands free, and landed a desperation left cross to Christie's face. Christie went limp for a second, falling on top of Julia before shaking her head to clear the dizziness. Julia pushed her off, and they stood. Julia took a wild swing at Christie, who ducked. Christie used her momentum to grab Julia and hoist her up, then dropped her across her knee in a rib breaker. Julia screamed out in pain, another land mine blowing up in her ribs.

Christie held on to Julia, and then stood up and dropped her again. Another scream of pain. Julia writhed in pain on the floor. Christie was breathing hard, the exertion of the fight getting to her, along with picking up a woman the size of Julia twice. "What do you say, ol' friend? Do you give up?"

Julia was gasping, trying to catch her breath. "No, don't be so silly..." She tried to get to her feet, but Christie wrapped her arms around her and started to squeeze with a bearhug. It may not have had much effect otherwise, but Julia's weak point made it an effective hold. She couldn't pick Julia up off her feet, so she settled for a standing one. Christie squeezed hard, Julia's ribs burning in pain. "Give up, and I can stop hurting you, Julia!" Christie pleaded with her. "No, I won't give up... aaahh!!" she yelped, as Christie tightened the hold. Julia, proving she was always dangerous as long as she was conscious, nearly knocked Christie out with a Muay Thai elbow strike to the jaw. Christie's body went slack as she dropped to her knees, leaning on Julia for support. She managed to shake it off, but not before Julia grabbed her in a head and arm capture suplex. She flung Christie over her head using a combination of momentum and strength. Christie hit the floor hard, wondering where Julia got that kind of strength from after taking the beating she had dished out. "What do I have to do to beat her?" she thought, as she lay there looking up at the arena lights. She realized Julia was using this time to recover, so she forced herself to stand. Getting up slow, she saw Julia was on her feet, but hunched over, holding her ribs. Both women had kicked the tar out of each other, definitely no holding back. Julia turned around to be greeted by a knee to the ribs. She exhaled hard and collapsed, her legs giving out. As she attempted to stand, Christie measured her and lined up a kick. She threw it hard, but Julia stumbled with the pain of her ribs, causing Christie's shin to smash off her jaw with a dull thud. It was as good as getting hit with a baseball bat. Julia's whole upper body arced backward. She moaned softly in pain and then landed with a heavy thud, unconscious. Even before Christie was declared the winner, she was checking on Julia to see if she was okay.

"Julia, are you okay? Julia? Hey, wake up..."

Xiaoyu and Asuka came down to see if she was okay. A medic produced a smelling salt. Christie took it, cracked it open and waved it under Julia's nose. The sharp acrid sting of ammonia woke her up. "Hey, don't move. The medics are going to check you out to see if you're okay first." Julia was still stunned, and tried to sit, but Christie put her hands on Julia's shoulders and forced her back down. "Hey hey hey hey, just lay down. Are you okay? Do you know what just happened?" Julia thought a moment and then shook her head. The three friends exchanged worried glances. "What's the last thing you remember?"

Julia thought a moment. "We... we had breakfast... as a group... omelets.." The group looked at each other again. "That was three days ago" said Christie to Xiaoyu and Asuka.

"Julia, do you remember having a fight? Just now?"

More thought. "I... vaguely... we have a fight today?"

"No, we had that fight already, just now." Christie answered.

"I'm tired, I... just want to sleep..." Julia passed out again.

The medical personnel checked her over and decided she was okay to release, so her friends took her to her room. They laid her in her bed. "I'm going to sleep in here in the chair tonight, just to keep an eye on her, make sure she's okay. I kicked her pretty good, and I feel bad about it."

Julia slept soundly through the night. Christie wasn't as comfortable, developing a crick in her neck. Julia woke up the next morning, shut her alarm off, and then noticed Christie fast asleep in the chair. "Hey, wake up" she said, gently shaking her by the knee. Christie woke with a jump, massaging her neck.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay after I almost kicked your head off the other day. Come on, I'll tell you about it over breakfast."

Over the next couple days, Julia's memory of the events of that day and the two before it slowly returned. It was at supper one evening that she told Christie she remembered everything.

"And so I guess I need to concede that you were the better fighter that day... but I still think I can take you." she said with a wink.

"Any time you want a rematch, I'm down."

"Just do me one favour?" Julia asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Don't dress like a bottle of medicine next time, would you?"

They all shared a big laugh.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I didn't plan to do it, but I finished two, and still felt like writing, so I kept going. I don't really feel much like writing anymore right now, lol. Glad you like.

Bagel

Potential Patron
I thought Julia was just joking around when when they asked her at the end of the fight what was the last thing you remember, sounds like that kick knocked her back to Tekken 4 or something :P

I guess Christie wore that funny outfit to distract her opponent, and I guess it worked. Well done fight, liked all the grapple moves. Refreshing to see a fight end on friendly terms with no animosity.....so far.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
You've seen Christie's legs, right? And what magnificent things they are, too. Julia took that big ol' shin bone to the face, she wasn't joking. Knocked loopier than a drunk drawing a straight line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.