Frame rate very low (1 Viewer)

Root User

Potential Patron
I understand flash games aren't exactly the best at performance but and they're CPU oriented but I've seen various videos of people playing SDT for examples of mods and what not and they seem very smooth. I suffer at about 20FPS (guessing) and was curious if anyone has come up with a solution to this. I do run a higher resolution monitor than 1080p and I have an i7 4th gen, but I try to keep it windowed to make it run somewhat faster. I am using the latest flash player projector.

I've read various things like enabling and disabling hardware acceleration, etc. but the generic things don't help at all. I've also done some searching with the forum tools available but can't find anything.

Thank you in advance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I suffer at about 20FPS (guessing) and was curious if anyone has come up with a solution to this.
Sarcastic answer: yes.

The non-sarcastic answer is probably a repeat of things you've already tried:
  • reduce multi-tasking; close background applications
  • reduce window size
  • reduce graphics quality
  • disable strand shaders
  • reduce semen strands in general; bukkake scenes are very expensive to draw
    • there are mods available which will automatically cull semen strands whenever the game's FPS falls too low, or simply accelerate the built-in "decay" mechanism so that strands disappear more quickly.
    • there are also mods which can reduce the number of strands emitted in each ejaculation.
  • reduce number of visible sprites
    • if you don't care what the guy looks like then you can strip him naked (fewer sprites) or reduce him to a disembodied penis (even fewer sprites!)
    • if you have a very long list of moreClothing mods then that might cause slowdown even if none of the clothing is currently shown. If disabling moreClothing yields a significant improvement in FPS then you should consider culling your list.
    • if you're using high-detail clothing mods then that might be a contributing factor. Does your FPS improve when the characters are naked?
    • dynamic hair mods tend to be resource-intensive. If you can find static hairstyles for your favorite characters then you should be able to improve performance.
  • try running the game via the Flash Player projector content debugger (instead of the standard Flash Player projector)
    • mods sometimes clash with each other; a misbehaving mod can potentially throw errors on every single frame of gameplay and therefore slow down the game significantly.
    • the debugger app allows you to see these errors and troubleshoot them.
    • you can switch back to the normal projector app after fixing the problem (or if no problems are found).
    • you could also try downgrading your Flash Player projector version. Some users report higher FPS on older versions. sby's Loader Pack includes a copy of version 11.

20FPS (guessing)
If you're using the Loader then you can press Esc to toggle an on-screen FPS counter. If you're not using the Loader then you should give it a try; it adds many interesting features to the game.

Root User

Potential Patron
Thank you very much for your detailed response, I wasn't sure if there was a known work around. I have another question, despite having a very powerful processor right now, would having a processor with more cores (both physical and virtual --hyperthreaded) contribute to a smoother frame rate?

I ask this because despite having the low frame rate, my processor never goes above 90% usage, so naturally I assume it's just poor optimization of the platform (as you have said), or if it's just a soft cap.

EDIT: nevermind, I read the section about it of the thread you've supplied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.