Footwear help! (1 Viewer)

cilvers

Potential Patron
So I read a few threads about people wanting more footwear, high heels, boots, socks whatever and I decided to give it a try, BTW I`m a bit of a noob, I`ve done some hairs and gags and stuff that turned out good but I just can`t figure out this one.

I used the mod template v.091, her right leg newcalfr template to start it, I quickly drew the mod just to get the hang of things, registered it and did the same things I do for hair and gags.

But when i load the mod the boot just appears on the screen over everything else and I have no idea what to do from here.

Attachments

• Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,509
  • Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 4,571

ModGuy

Content Creator
Few things to check.
Is the mod registered in flash for instantiation?
Is the code correct? Post the .fla
Are you adding other items and simply leaving the shoe on the stage?

Details, details....

cilvers

Potential Patron
ModGuy said:
Few things to check.
Is the mod registered in flash for instantiation?
Is the code correct? Post the .fla
Are you adding other items and simply leaving the shoe on the stage?

Details, details....

I`m not sure what you mean by registered for instantiation, i did the registerMod(blahblah); stuff in the actionscript if that`s what your talking about.
No idea if the code is correct, noob here
and no i did not add anything else as far as I know.

not sure what other details to put so just ask and you shal receive

Attachments

redboot.swf
16.9 KB · Views: 17,638

Faceless

Content Creator
[list type=decimal]
[*]You have stuff on the stage. Delete it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there should be a little symbol near the top of the screen. If it says "Scene 1," you're on the main stage. Whatever is visible on the screen will show up in the foreground when the mod is loaded. Hence, the giant floating boot.
[*]registerMod() is not a valid function for the loader. In fact, what you should be doing is drawing directly into the stuff in the "her components" folder in the library. Then you find the bit of code that corresponds to what you want, and uncomment it.
[/list]But hey! Now I've got something else to add to the template. A guide! So thanks.

cilvers

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
[list type=decimal]
[*]You have stuff on the stage. Delete it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there should be a little symbol near the top of the screen. If it says "Scene 1," you're on the main stage. Whatever is visible on the screen will show up in the foreground when the mod is loaded. Hence, the giant floating boot.
[*]registerMod() is not a valid function for the loader. In fact, what you should be doing is drawing directly into the stuff in the "her components" folder in the library. Then you find the bit of code that corresponds to what you want, and uncomment it.
[/list]But hey! Now I've got something else to add to the template. A guide! So thanks.

I undestand the stage part and I'll remove that, but i have no idea what you meant by the second part, I really have no idea what or how to uncomment.......pretty noobtastic here.......

Faceless

Content Creator
Well, you've already drawn up a boot, so go to the Library, and double click the hercalfr object. Then paste your boot onto screen, and make sure everything lines up.

Once you've done that, go back to the Action window, and CTRL+F to find "hercalfr." There'll be a small block of grayed out code. Use "*/" and "/*" to uncomment that block.

Actually, download the new template, and tell me how badly I need to rewrite the tutorial I threw together.

cilvers

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
Well, you've already drawn up a boot, so go to the Library, and double click the hercalfr object. Then paste your boot onto screen, and make sure everything lines up.

Once you've done that, go back to the Action window, and CTRL+F to find "hercalfr." There'll be a small block of grayed out code. Use "*/" and "/*" to uncomment that block.

Actually, download the new template, and tell me how badly I need to rewrite the tutorial I threw together.

Tutorial works great for noobs like myself, tried it and it works, only problem I had is when I loaded the mod her arm had a flashing green outline.... but I'm sure it's something I screwed up.

but anyways thanks for the help, greatly appreciated and hopefully soon I'll have some good mods to share

Faceless

Content Creator
The flashing green outline is how I handle the arms:back position. If you don't need it, go to the "newupperarmr" object and delete the 2nd frame.

cilvers

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
The flashing green outline is how I handle the arms:back position. If you don't need it, go to the "newupperarmr" object and delete the 2nd frame.

Looked around for that and could not find it.....possibly was looking in the wrong place.

cilvers

Potential Patron
coolio, makin mods that work properly now, thanks for the help and thanks for putting up with my noobness

cilvers

Potential Patron
Yeah back again, wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem, when I try and use the games stockings with my created shoes, the stockings always appear on top, I googled everything and tried quite a bit to no avail.

Attachments

Delightheel.swf
188.8 KB · Views: 16,802

Delightheel.fla
607.9 KB · Views: 306

ModGuy

Content Creator
cilvers said:
Yeah back again, wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem, when I try and use the games stockings with my created shoes, the stockings always appear on top, I googled everything and tried quite a bit to no avail.

Load the character's code, then the clothing.
This has been done in a number of other mods, I should really note it somewhere.

Code:
main.g.inGameMenu.loadData("CHARACTER_CODE");

Then the rest.

cilvers

Potential Patron
ModGuy said:
cilvers said:

Load the character's code, then the clothing.
This has been done in a number of other mods, I should really note it somewhere.

Code:
main.g.inGameMenu.loadData("CHARACTER_CODE");

Then the rest.

I have no idea what that is or what to do with it

Faceless

Content Creator
open SDT.swf
Modding Tab
click "Generate" button
CTRL+C
open Notepad (or appropriate Mac/Unix plaintext editor)
CTRL+V
delete everything except "legwear:[...];" or whatever it is you want
copy what is left
return to Flash CS Action window
find line ModGuy posted
paste between quotation marks

cilvers

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
open SDT.swf
Modding Tab
click "Generate" button
CTRL+C
open Notepad (or appropriate Mac/Unix plaintext editor)
CTRL+V
delete everything except "legwear:[...];" or whatever it is you want
copy what is left
return to Flash CS Action window
find line ModGuy posted
paste between quotation marks

tried it and no dice, did it pretty much exactly as you described....not sure what I'm dong wrong

Faceless

Content Creator
*smacks forehead* Actually, the stockings are on a higher layer than the calf itself, so you'll need to put the boot on a different layer. Try putting it on this layer.
Code:
her.torso.rightCalfContainer.footwear

cilvers

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
*smacks forehead* Actually, the stockings are on a higher layer than the calf itself, so you'll need to put the boot on a different layer. Try putting it on this layer.
Code:
her.torso.rightCalfContainer.footwear

did some trial and error and I have no idea, what to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.