Fighting Force, some examples (1 Viewer)

grboom

Potential Patron
Fighting Force PC version
ffpc1.png pcff3.png pcff4.png pcff6.png
Fighting Force PSX version
psxff6.png psxff2.png psxff3.png psxff4.png
Fighting Force N64 version
ffn641.png n64ff2.png n64ff3.png n64ff4.png
Not sure which I like better, PC, PSX or N64. The game is pretty neat though!
It is easy for me to post some more N64/PSX screens of all baddies.
The PC version is harder since one has to manually play through all the levels...

Last edited by a moderator:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
There is a PC version of this game? I thought it has only PS and N64.

By the way, I like the JPN version box art of this game :ORLY:

SLPS01164front.jpg SLPS01164back.jpg

grboom

Potential Patron
GREAT box art! I especially love how Smasher looks!
I haven't tried looking up any JPN footage of the game,
so that is something for me to put my teeth in.

I saw someone posted a request for this on the forum somewhere.
I'll add some screens of Fighting Force here whenever I can.
Perhaps I can also try the PSX version, though I am not sure if that version
has different sprites than the N64 or PC version.

EDIT: I tried the PSX version, it has the somewhat different graphics than the PC version.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
I've always wanted the PC version! Where did you find it? I wanted it assuming the graphics might be different, and the different zako names (really!)

Great screens by the way. I've always loved the game and spent a huge amount of time with these ladies. Definitely important in finding out what I like. I always liked how much sluttier (for lack of a better word) the girls appear than the two heroines, for example. I would love to see a true 'HD' remake of this game.

I must admit, I'm not huge on the N64 version. From my experience, lots of the sounds were removed (when the zako are hit, they don't moan/groan etc and stay silent) and there were some other niggles such as not being able to stay grabbed when playing as Mace or Hawk with their repeatable attacks. Also, there is no blood. It's somewhat tamer than the PSX version. There are various other differences also, such as a few gameplay tweaks and different soundtrack. It isn't worse, just down to preference I suppose.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
I use to love this game in the day. It doesn't hold up nearly as well these days, but it's still one of the more passable 3d beat'm ups out there.

grboom

Potential Patron
Definitly, I agree with both DynamiteFetish and Soviet_Missile, though I do think the appearance of the zako henchwomen in-game is the best of the genre. A HD remake of the game would be even better, but I would be pleased to see any game in which one can hold and throw zako in scuba-diving outfit.

BTW. The PC version is available online, I doubt there are any actual hardcopies circulating there these days. You will also need the XP Patch, besides the CD. Feel free to PM for help.

grboom

Potential Patron
I took the time of taking some more screenshots.
grab1.png grab2.png grab3.png grab4.png grab5.png grab6.png grab7.png
High quality goodness. I also tried getting some screens of the lovely female scuba divers. However the frame rate of my recording was disastrous...
Also, the camera angle on the hovercraft mission is not working out so well. Maybe I can reclaim some frames with some of my other software.
We'll see what happens next time

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Apparently there was a lackluster sequel unsurprisingly called 'Fighting Force 2'.

Any info on female mooks in this title?

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Apparently there was a lackluster sequel unsurprisingly called 'Fighting Force 2'.

Any info on female mooks in this title?

I haven't played it for a while but it's like a cross between the first and Tomb Raider. The demo had a level featuring female mooks. Think bitchy Amazon chicks with bladed sticks. I liked the way they would idle whilst you fight with their (male and female) comrades etc. I am pretty sure there's more from reading old FAQs, so now I have an excuse to play and record the game.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
Fighting Force 2 Female Mooks

Apparently there was a lackluster sequel unsurprisingly called Fighting Force 2. Any info on female mooks in this title?
The female mooks are just as bad as the game itself. If I recall, you don't see the first female enemy until the fifth stage, and the second one is on the last stage. Their attacks are exactly the same: swing the weapon and kick.

Attachments

• PSDX6D3D003.jpg
    PSDX6D3D003.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 449
  • PSDX6D3D004.jpg
    PSDX6D3D004.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 404
  • PSDX6D3D001.jpg
    PSDX6D3D001.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 359
  • PSDX6D3D002.jpg
    PSDX6D3D002.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 391

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
I liked the pink hair punk zakos the best in this game and I find myself loading it up to play the stages that they appear in every now and then. I like to set it on Hard difficulty so they could do their best. :)

Fighting Force hasn't aged well indeed... I think if I had discovered the game today, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the zakos. But back in the 90s, this game had decent graphics.

The PS1 version is the definitely best version overall among the console versions IMO. I'd take the zako moan sound effect over the new names as that's one of the many things that made these zakos endearing to me over the years (although I admit, I love the names found in the N64 more than the generic female name set in the PS1).

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
It was a ps1 game, man! But yeah, early 3d has aged terribly.

The battle at the top of the tower is still a great moment, it's non-stop redheads with knee high boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.