FFXI Themed Hairs by Ahleah (1 Viewer)

Ahleah

Potential Patron
Hi all! Long time lurker that finally decided to try and do a little contributing of my own. I recently found a few Mithra inspired FFXI hair imports, and thought it would be fun to try and learn to do a few similar themed hairs of my own!

For my first project, I attempted to do an elvaan model, the 4B "Marillion" face, using the below reference screenshot I took of an ingame model. I'm using GIMP (2.0 maybe?) and have been following Voltlight's very handy tutorial that I found HERE:http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=114.0. So far, I feel like it's progressed well, but I have been having some trouble trying to recreate the shading of her hair for a more realistic look. It's a bit 1 dimensional without it. Any suggestions? I'll post my WIP's below along with an ingame pic. Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• 201202171201599.jpg
    201202171201599.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 495
  • ElvaanWIP2.png
    ElvaanWIP2.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 898
WIP.bmp
523.5 KB · Views: 1,007

Ahleah

Potential Patron
I'm still working on trying to finish and master my techniques on the elvaan I posted actually. I do plan on doing more FFXI themed characters though. :)

Have tried to fix some of the hair lines for more realistic look to the hair, and am working on shading it some to give it more depth. Will upload an update soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.