1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FemmePyro Clothing Request

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by CirnouliK, Dec 29, 2015.

1. CirnouliK

CirnouliK Potential Patron

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forums.

That isn't relevant to the request, but I'm posting it anyways.
    I was curious if one of you amazing artists out there could make a faithful FemmePyro clothing set of some kind, as seen here. Hats or no hats!

Things to be included into it:
    Gloves (Unknown if possible or not?)
    Suit (Top and bottom)
    Boots
    Cosmetics (Like the Rail Spikes, Lunatics Leathers, North Polar Fleece)
    [Possible Revision] Pyro Mask (Full head mask, with the dick going through the breather part OR lifted up to allow the dick inside her mouth)

Reference pictures (If you feel like not clicking links to GameBanana):
    For the North Polar Fleece.
    [​IMG]
    For the Lunatic's Leathers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    General FemmePyro reference pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Nobody is going to create anything without Reference Images.

Please read the Request Rules.

Please Search before posting. The mask has already been done. You can ask for improvements or revisions, but please familiarize yourself with the rules before doing so.

3. CirnouliK

CirnouliK Potential Patron

Firstly: There ARE images. Just not inline ones. I can add inline ones, I just thought links to the mods would be nice in case anyone asks for some later.

As far as I can see, I'm not really breaking any posting rules. I'm not fishing, or being general about things when it comes to the mod.

And I did search up Pyro. It came up with no results, unless I'm missing something about the search function. In which case, I shall put this up as a revision request for the mask regardless.

Thank you for being so quick with this!

4. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to get somewhat rude here, because you're still not following the rules and you're wasting my time.

The purpose of a Request thread is to put in a whole bunch of preparatory work so that the modder's job is as straightforward as possible. A straightforward Request is more likely to be worked on and fulfilled, because modders know that it's well-defined and achievable. Hence, we ask you to find ideal reference images and give them headline placement.

Video games screenshots are not ideal reference images. We can't recreate the smooth Phong-shaded gradient effects on the limbs (or rather: we can, but they animate improperly and look terrible). Even if screenshots were acceptable; the ones that you're posted are low resolution and the lighting isn't ideal. Consider the left-side view of the boot: most of its area is filled with featureless black, which gives the eye no hints about texture or contours. TF2 relies on its dynamic lighting engine to inform the viewer about the surface of the boot, and SDT does not have a dynamic lighting engine.

The artist or modder would need to look at your boot image, then mentally bend it at the heel (to fit into a kneeling position instead of a flat-footed standing pose) which will probably force them to add some creases or accordion pleats. Then they need to take the new boot shape and figure out how light ought to reflect from its surface. This is a non-trivial artistic challenge.

An ideal reference image uses an art style which is consistent with that of SDT. Highlights should occur in "brushstroke" patterns instead of diffuse blobs. Crease and strain lines should be clearly visible. The body proportions should resemble those of the SDT girl (ie. an anime waif) unless you've clearly asked for a different bodytype. The image may not actually depict the perfect kneeling/squatting pose, but the garments should be drawn with enough physicality so that the artist can make a reasonable guess. This image might be a good reference, except that it shows the wrong angle.

Do you need to find ideal reference images? No. It's entirely possible that anime-shaded side-view fanart of the female TF2 Pyro doesn't even exist. But if anyone is going to spend time searching for it, then it should be you instead of the modder who generously agrees to work on your Request.

Your images show three different breast sizes. This is feasible, but you haven't actually asked for breast slider support. If you don't want it, then you'll need to clarify which breast size you prefer (ideally by providing a partial charCode with a breasts:?? number).

Your images show three different buttock sizes. Buttock resizing is not a core feature of the SDT game, and it's a pain-in-the-ass to support nonstandard buttock sizes (even moreso with multiple nonstandard sizes). Either choose one of your images as the canonical shape or let us know that we can use the standard SDT bodyshape.

You've asked for the suit to be separated into Top and Bottom parts, but the suit includes a leotard-corset thingie which spans from groin to ribcage. Do we just chop it in half at the waistline?

Some of the images show shoulder/torso strapping for the backpack, but you haven't actually asked for the backpack to be included. Should we omit the strapping?

Read the rules. You can't just ask for a "Revision" in and of itself. Tell us what's wrong with the existing mask.

Explain what you would like to change. Provide screenshots or reference images if possible. Can the problem be fixed by simply re-coloring or re-sizing or re-fitting the existing artwork -- or does it require new art assets? Perhaps the existing mod is adequate for standard scenarios but isn't compatible with other mods? If so, tell us which mods are causing the conflict and suggest how the conflict might be rectified (e.g. "we need a larger gas mask aperture to support larger penis sizes").