1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear Effect 3 (Sedna)

Discussion in 'Games' started by fu11m3ta11, Oct 1, 2016.

1. fu11m3ta11

fu11m3ta11 Vivacious Visitor

Apr 3, 2015
    For any fans of the original Fear Effect series, an indie developer managed to get kickstarter funding to make a 3rd game in the series called Fear Effect Sedna, with Square having released the rights to the FE series. Fear Effect 2 was a great game as an RE fan, and it was a favorite of mine for ryona due to some of the gruesome game over scenes. This new game seems to be a huge letdown for gameplay, since it is now an isometric tactical game instead of the static RE gameplay from before. But aside from that, these guys seem to have really nailed the artstyle down, and have also confirmed game over screens. Demo is expected to come out next month for anyone interested, with the full game coming out in 2017. Here is a death scene preview that they have released.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Fear Effect, here's an FE2 compilation.

Boundy22, Rag40 and ajstevus like this.
  2. Rag40

Rag40 Avid Affiliate

Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah, I enjoyed both Fear Effect games when they first came out and the death scenes are pretty awesome. But I am hoping that new death scene that they showed is merely a placeholder, because it leaves much to be desired from both a sound standpoint (Hana barely makes a sound) and an animation standpoint (Hana's body is stiff as a board and doesn't react at all to being impaled).

Basically, a game made almost 20 years ago has more impressive animations and sound than a game made in 2016, lol. But yeah, this is still not released yet, so the death could have merely been a placeholder and will be better in the final game.

I guess we will find out soon how it turns out. And this site seems dead, huh? Not sure why I mentioned that, but it's just something I have noticed, lol.
  3. onlinehero

onlinehero Swell Supporter

Dec 15, 2009
    Never played these games and only heard about them first time this year :D
    I noticed the news about 3rd game too, but from what I've seen, the devs should have just left the license alone, they're not doing it any justice :(