Failing Up's Imports [Update: Rikka, Ryou, Delthea, Hana] (1 Viewer)

Failing Up

Content Creator
Hello! I tried your Prinz Eugen import and honestly, it's quite refreshing to see someone do Kantai Collection characters for so long. The Prinz you did was well made hehe, and hopefully you'll do more.
If you are free, here's the best Houston from Kancolle side view I could find, would love to do naughty things with her~. Thanks for your time. :P Oh and the second picture is for her hat, couldn't find a good side view with her hat sorry. >_<
View attachment 111059View attachment 111060
I just finished making a Houston hair for you, mate. I ended using a different reference.

Made 3 versions: hat, no hat and summer.

The reference I chose was actually an image of summer Houston and I found it easier to just edit it into a normal Houston hair. Anyway, free summer variant.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
I just finished making a Houston hair for you, mate. I ended using a different reference.

Made 3 versions: hat, no hat and summer.

The reference I chose was actually an image of summer Houston and I found it easier to just edit it into a normal Houston hair. Anyway, free summer variant.

Oh wow thank you very much, didn't expect it to be that quick.. It was quite nice too, and the variety of the hats and being hatless make it more interesting too. Appreciate it. Well that's it from me for now, I'll keep my other suggestions for next time. So... Just wondering though. What's your stance on KC right now? Player? Retired? Just curious.

Failing Up

Content Creator
Oh wow thank you very much, didn't expect it to be that quick.. It was quite nice too, and the variety of the hats and being hatless make it more interesting too. Appreciate it. Well that's it from me for now, I'll keep my other suggestions for next time. So... Just wondering though. What's your stance on KC right now? Player? Retired? Just curious.
I just happened to be free today because I injured my leg. Generally, it can take a while to make a hair.... depending on references.
I never played Kancolle, truthfully. Just read the doujins when it was popular. I always thought of it as a more corporate Touhou. On that note, I should make some Touhou hairs.
Frankly, I never even heard of Houston, but every character is someone's favourite regardless of how popular they or their source material is. That's why I started making hairs.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
I just happened to be free today because I injured my leg. Generally, it can take a while to make a hair.... depending on references.
I never played Kancolle, truthfully. Just read the doujins when it was popular. I always thought of it as a more corporate Touhou. On that note, I should make some Touhou hairs.
Frankly, I never even heard of Houston, but every character is someone's favourite regardless of how popular they or their source material is. That's why I started making hairs.
I quite like that mindset of yours, so heh, thanks again for the Houston. Well hopefully your recovery goes well, I guess try not to move too much? I can get you knowing it through doujins haha, there's still quite a few of them coming out every now and then after all. Well guess I'll frequent on this thread and see what you're working on.
Cheers.

Failing Up

Content Creator
I quite like that mindset of yours, so heh, thanks again for the Houston. Well hopefully your recovery goes well, I guess try not to move too much? I can get you knowing it through doujins haha, there's still quite a few of them coming out every now and then after all. Well guess I'll frequent on this thread and see what you're working on.
Cheers.
Thanks, mate. It's not a major injury, anyway.
And may the doujins never end. They are a beautiful world unto themselves.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Thanks, mate. It's not a major injury, anyway.
And may the doujins never end. They are a beautiful world unto themselves.
Well I guess that's it from me then gotta go for a break from my computer, hopefully next time we'll talk a bit more when I have a suggestion or something.
Until then. :P

Failing Up

Content Creator
These are the best side view images I could find of Echidna. Her FEH attacking art is also kinda sideways but not as much as these. The colors on these two pieces of fan art are also slightly different than her official ones.
Sorry that request has taken a while. I kind of lost the file I was working on. I remember the reference being relatively easy to work with but not fitting too well on a SDT head. I hope to get back to it eventually when I stop feeling stupid for losing the file I worked on.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Hello again Failing Up, it's me here again haha, hopefully you're doing okay. If it's possible, can you please do Fletcher next? Much appreciated. If you can't tell I really do love the American line up in KanColle so yeah.
Note, this'll be a bit hard though, I tried digging her artworks and didn't really found any good references, so please do tell me if it's unable to be done or you need better references.
__fletcher_kantai_collection_drawn_by_youmou_usagi__50ffb453008f4172c57019b1f0d3cbae.jpg

Failing Up

Content Creator
Hello again Failing Up, it's me here again haha, hopefully you're doing okay. If it's possible, can you please do Fletcher next? Much appreciated. If you can't tell I really do love the American line up in KanColle so yeah.
Note, this'll be a bit hard though, I tried digging her artworks and didn't really found any good references, so please do tell me if it's unable to be done or you need better references.
My apologies, but I don't think I can facilitate your request.

Long hairs are harder to make, which is to say viable references are harder to find. 10x harder to find, conservatively speaking. There are twice as many images of Fletcher than Houston, but I couldn't find a workable reference. Out of the 700 images I found one was was surprisingly close to viable, but still not good enough.

Don't be afraid of requesting a girl regardless of the length or complexity of her hair. Just know that I and other modders usually can't make hairs for half the girls we want because of a lack of workable references. You should still make a request thread. Someone might be able to make a good hair using this image, though I don't believe I can.

9cf2815d98ea8b94b317771ae4522d4e.jpg

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
My apologies, but I don't think I can facilitate your request.

Long hairs are harder to make, which is to say viable references are harder to find. 10x harder to find, conservatively speaking. There are twice as many images of Fletcher than Houston, but I couldn't find a workable reference. Out of the 700 images I found one was was surprisingly close to viable, but still not good enough.

Don't be afraid of requesting a girl regardless of the length or complexity of her hair. Just know that I and other modders usually can't make hairs for half the girls we want because of a lack of workable references. You should still make a request thread. Someone might be able to make a good hair using this image, though I don't believe I can.

View attachment 111195
Ehe no worries about it, thanks for the response at least.
Well about long hairs, I'll keep in mind for next time, I'll try to look into the request threads and see if anyone will be up for the offer. :P

Failing Up

Content Creator
Ehe no worries about it, thanks for the response at least.
Well about long hairs, I'll keep in mind for next time, I'll try to look into the request threads and see if anyone will be up for the offer. :P
Don't worry about requesting long hairs. It only takes a few minutes to check the booru and you never know when a randomly perfect reference image will pop out.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Don't worry about requesting long hairs. It only takes a few minutes to check the booru and you never know when a randomly perfect reference image will pop out.
With the Fletcher as a reference to future pictures, I'll try to find similar or better photos to help with your time making the request much easier. After all, much more work is needed to make the hair itself in game. Thanks for the effort you put up, much appreciated. :D

Hank East

Content Creator
...Oops. I've been playing with my own Albino OC so much I forgot about this albino :P. Better late then never though eh? Anyway, here's the Lysithea edit similar to the pre-timeskip one I did.

Lysithea Hair Edit.png

Failing Up

Content Creator
...Oops. I've been playing with my own Albino OC so much I forgot about this albino :P. Better late then never though eh? Anyway, here's the Lysithea edit similar to the pre-timeskip one I did.

View attachment 111369
It looks great. I'd like to clean up the border of the veil a bit before publication and perhaps the underbody border as well. I just bought a drawing tablet, so it'll be good practice. Hopefully it'll increase the quality of my hairs. And, God knows, Lysithea deserves the extra effort.

Failing Up

Content Creator
Great stuff. Do you have no codes for the characters?
I changed my mind regarding char codes. New releases will come with char codes and old releases will have char codes added over time. I'm going over and improving the older hairs anyway.

Failing Up

Content Creator
I knew I was forgetting something...Thanks for adding the behind body version!
No problem. I use to avoid making a behind body version if I found it to look somewhat awkward for that hair, but Ive decided to just include variants whenever possible and let people decide on what they believe looks best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.