Faceless' loader mods (6 Nov 19: Arm Graffiti - no tally) (1 Viewer)

Leela

Potential Patron
Re: Faceless' loader mods (6 Oct 14: Poison armwear set)

I seem to have broken the Lactating Nipple Mod. If there is a "code.txt" file in the folder the mod doesn't work right. The nipples load but there are no drops emitting from the nipple. Even it the code.txt. file is completely empty it breaks the mod from loading.

I've added the lactation.mod to my the mods.txt file in the mod's folder and copied all 3 of the files. It works fine if I delete the code.txt file. Course' that kind breaks the character LOL

Haaaaalp!

Loader 5.17

Faceless

Content Creator

Huh. Wonder how long that's been going on. Bring it up with ModGuy, because that's probably an issue with the loader.

Faceless

Content Creator

In my continuing quest to make Samus my waifu, I've updated the ZSS pack to be compliant with the new arm mechanic. So yes, Samus now gives handjobs.

Leela

Potential Patron

Did the lactation mod get fixed? (Fingers crossed)

Faceless

Content Creator

As sby said, it's not a problem with the mod, but with how the game handles updating character settings. So no.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

noooooo, the double penetration tentacles also freeze :'(

i see that you did some different setup stuff than expected to load the mods, could see if doing this helps anything:
Code:
var mynewchest;
        function initl(l)
        {
                mynewchest = new newchest();
                mynewchest.play();   //guessing it needs to be played for the animation
                l.loadCustomFull(mynewchest,".|Her.torso.midLayer.chest", "x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
                l.unloadMod();

}

it essentially does the same, but ya never know. i have seen pretty weird shit fix things.

also, nice work on the samus updates; she is one of my favorite characters and i thoroughly enjoy them ;D

ModGuy

Content Creator

sby said:

Code:
function initl(l)
{
        var mynewchest = new newchest();
        mynewchest.play();   //guessing it needs to be played for the animation
        l.registerToRemove(mynewchest);
        l.loadCustomFull(mynewchest,".|Her.torso.midLayer.chest", "x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
        l.unloadMod();
}

Assuming you're not going to use "mynewchest" later there's no need for a holder var.
Of course I haven't looked at the whole source.

Faceless

Content Creator

sby said:
noooooo, the double penetration tentacles also freeze :'(
Tentacles have been broken for a while now. I'll get around to fixing it (or rather, releasing a new tentacle mod) one of these days.

Anyway, as far as I know animations play automatically upon loading, so explicitly invoking play() shouldn't be necessary. The problem is that updating the character stops playback, but invoking play() when loading the component shouldn't affect that. As a slapdash fix, I was thinking that you could add a frame listener, and force it to play if it's stopped.

Code:
var playItems:Array;    //contains everything that needs to be playing

function forcePlay(e:Event):void {
    for(var a:int = 0; a < playItems.length; a++) {
        if(!playItems[a].isPlaying)
            playItems[a].play();
    }
}

Shade

Content Creator

Faceless said:
Tentacles have been broken for a while now. I'll get around to fixing it (or rather, releasing a new tentacle mod) one of these days.

I'd been looking at that a little ago. I assume you used bone joints? How'd you go about lining them up so well? Lots of trial and error, or is there some way in Flash to specify the point to hook them up to?

Faceless

Content Creator

No, actually. The original version was all done by hand. Which was a pain in the ass. I didn't learn about the bone tool until later. As I understand it, though, the bone tool sets the component origins as joints by default.

EDIT: ZSS source attached by request of sby.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

thanks faceless,
helped me narrow down the possible problems, and i found the culprit :)

Shade

Content Creator

Faceless said:
No, actually. The original version was all done by hand. Which was a pain in the ass. I didn't learn about the bone tool until later. As I understand it, though, the bone tool sets the component origins as joints by default.

Hrm... I'll have to look into that, since I was noticing that it would just set the joints as where ever you end up clicking.

Faceless

Content Creator

Huh. Well, if you've got the magnet enabled and click on the origin, problem solved?

Faceless

Content Creator

Uploaded a forest canopy mod. Adds some ambiance to any forest backgrounds you might have. Posted with permission from SCLover; I just moved this to a layer that's normally inaccessible from the vanilla template.

the bluffalo

Potential Patron

How do i get the peephole mod to work? When i downloaded it i get a .wmv file... wtf do i do with that lol.

Faceless

Content Creator

That's because:

[list type=decimal]
[*]by default Windows thinks .mod is a multimedia file-type
[*]you have file extensions hidden
[/list]

Just treat it as you would any other loader mods; it's just a renamed .swf.

the bluffalo

Potential Patron

Faceless said:
That's because:

[list type=decimal]
[*]by default Windows thinks .mod is a multimedia file-type
[*]you have file extensions hidden
[/list]

Just treat it as you would any other loader mods; it's just a renamed .swf.

ok nvm, didnt know it was just a .mod >.>

TheLunch

Potential Patron

Yeah, I never was cut out for this computer crap...

So I have the .mod files, I made (in loader name:folder name) thing in Mods.txt with the .mod file in it. Neither the shibari nor the tentacle seem to be functioning in the loader... Up in the top right it just immediately says says "Loading Finished".

Any help as to what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT:Nvm. I beat my head bloody against a wall repeatedly for a while and some how it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.