Experimental video: Sheva Animated Comic Ryona (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 31
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Deleted member 31

Experimental video: Sheva Animated Comic Ryona (work in process)

I wanted to try something different with this. It was inspired by the animated dead space comics. It's an audio first, imagery second kind of experience. Audio is a big part of why I enjoy ryona and since I was able to hand pick all of the sounds, it's not as repetitive sound wise as my other vids.

The advantage I had with medium (animated comic) was I could tell a bit of a story, or at least have some kind of scene structure with a bit of dialogue. Whereas with my other videos it's pretty much just a beatdown with no context lol. Of course using still images comes at the cost having no character animations. There was a lot of splicing of audio files with different audio levels involved so if some parts are way too low or loud tell me so I can maybe fix it.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you think of the video. I know it's not the typical ryona style so I won't take it personally if you don't dig it. I wanted to experiment with this idea. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 31

I noticed the music is too loud from 2:00 to 2:30. I'll fix it tomorrow or the day after and reupload it.

T

Teacupping123

This was very well done! Kudos to you sir!
The changing angles and differing sound effects really gave those scenes new life. I also heavily enjoyed the build up too!

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
That was actually really well done. You used some amazing shots of Sheva down on the ground. I'm surprised you had the patience to pick those choice snapshots out. I think you used the existing audio pretty effectively too. Much better than when I just threw a bunch of sounds from Jade Empire over my old Death by Degrees recordings.

D

Deleted member 31

thanks for the comments!

My PC crapped out on me this weekend so I wont be fixing this one for a while ;P

D

Deleted member 31

Changed the volume at the parts it was too low.

Last edited by a moderator:

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
I'm currently watching it right now, and I have to say I really am enjoying it! However, all the zooming in and outs started to get abit annoying. Yet there are also moments where some of the zooming and actions could have been faster (such as when Wesker says 'there you are!' it could have been a faster shot).

I like this alot, as sometimes you are limited by what the video itself is shown, so the idea of just using screenshots is a wonderful thought in telling a story.

D

Deleted member 31

I'm currently watching it right now, and I have to say I really am enjoying it! However, all the zooming in and outs started to get abit annoying. Yet there are also moments where some of the zooming and actions could have been faster (such as when Wesker says 'there you are!' it could have been a faster shot).

I like this alot, as sometimes you are limited by what the video itself is shown, so the idea of just using screenshots is a wonderful thought in telling a story.
haha thanks for the comment and feedback and glad you enjoyed it! You definitely have a point that maybe some of the zooming is a bit overdone and some parts could've been edited a bit better. I'd put more time into it to fix it up a bit but this ain't my job so I can't dedicate too much to it. ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.