Evil Zone, Midori ryona video (1 Viewer)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Evil Zone is a somewhat forgotten 3d fighter on the PSX, released at the same time as a flood of other similar games of varying quality and lost in time.

It's a little odd compared to other fighting games, since most regular attacks are projectiles, and there aren't a whole lot of moves. ALL of your attacks are keyed off the Triangle button- the direction you hold when you hit it, as well as your distance to the enemy determine what that attack is. This does mean the controls are pretty simple, though. Super moves, for example, are back, back + triangle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
I remember when I used to swear by this game. For the time, if you had two people who know what they were doing, you could have some pretty epic and cinematic battles.

After scanning over the video I was surprised to see that Kakurine(The little girl character) didn't have one of her grab type moves showcased. I distinctly remembering her having an attack where she latches onto the victim and sucks some blood from them.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I recorded this stuff mostly through single player and couldn't get Kakurine to do any of her interesting attacks, and ran out of time after I went to VS to get more recordings for the boss (the AI really likes spamming the same few moves).

I'm obviously new to this video stuff, so I was pretty surprised both by how easy it is (just using Fraps and Windows movie maker) and how huge that raw footage can get (20+GB for this video, cut down to 160MB for the final product).

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Mostly minor differences that annoy the cult following the game has. Most characters had their ages increased in Evil Zone (Setsuna went from a 14 year old high school student to a 21 year old college student), and of course professional Japanese voice acting vs bad English dubbing. Only thing I think you'd really notice in gameplay is that Erel wears a thong leotard in Eretzvaju vs her catsuit in Evil Zone.

And of course, one of these things is easier to find and download if you don't know Japanese. :whistle:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Uploading another video with Erel now, making sure to get some of the stuff I missed in the Midori video.

Edit: Done!

noice1

Potential Patron
I love how it just says "Knockdown". Yes, don't worry folks, that gigantic blue ray of death that just obliterated her was set on stun.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Heh. That orbital death laser is probably one of my favorite attacks though, between how far back she's bent before she gets hit with it, and how much she flails on the ground while being hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.