Dynamic Version of Shigure Static Hair by IndianaJames (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy, Moders!
Is any of you capable and willing to please re-create @IndianaJames' Shigure Static Hair Mod as a dynamic version?

vnZg7UY.jpg

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Rudgar Rudgar : you may had a chance if you could get the SVG file from @indianajones775, but as he was last seen in 2015, asking for a dynamic hair mod for this character would mean doing everything from scratch for a modder able to make SWF mods, so this seems quite unlikely to happen.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Rudgar Rudgar : you may had a chance if you could get the SVG file from @indianajones775, but as he was last seen in 2015, asking for a dynamic hair mod for this character would mean doing everything from scratch for a modder able to make SWF mods, so this seems quite unlikely to happen.
@IndianaJames' absence (since 2013) was the reason why I asked public audience for this request. But I have to admit that I wasn't aware of the importance of a SVG file. Thank you for pointing this out. I share your opinion about the chances of IndianaJames' return to ask him for the SVG, so I did some research and found this free online-converter helping me to generate this svg from the original png:
Takashima-Shigure.svg

Do you think that this could help a moder to create a dynamice version of this static hair mod?
Thanks in advance!

Respectfully, Rudgar

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It would be wonderful if one could convert from a format to another.
Unfortunately, the result is usually very poor :
cZ18pEE.jpg

Using this converted file would require even more time than redrawing everything from scratch.

Rudgar

Content Creator

Rudgar

Content Creator
I just adjusted the initial post:
is anybody capable and willing to re-create a new mod of Shigure Hair as a dynamic hair mod, please? I'd apreciate it very much
I think the yet static version is probably the best reference pic one can get, isn't it?
Thanks in advance!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Jaxx

Content Creator
Hey Rudgar Rudgar , I'll do it. I'm confident about this one. I'm back on the torn clothes breast adjustable we discussed a few month ago, I might be on something good. I'll take care of this one once I'll be done. No promisses about à 360° position mod though. I'm gonna try, but I'm not sure yet.
The ear lock will drop straight, not along her breast curve, but still above her arm of course, is that ok?

Jaxx

Content Creator
Running into some issues about layering... I can't put the ear lock above her ear and beneath the upper top part at the same time. I'm gonna ask sby about a workaround, I'll keep you posted.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
put the ear lock above her ear and beneath the upper top part at the same time
I think that your problem is that you've registered your mods in the wrong order: I cannot remember exactly, but i know that it is possible to have dynamic bangs over/under others if you register them after/before others.
Also, you could try to use the Ear Piercing Template layer for the "ear lock" and the Dynamic Hair Top layer for the front ones. The piercing template is under the Top one and is also dynamic. There may be problems with the colours, but you can avoid this using the technique to merge RGB layers explained HERE.

Good luck anyway.

Jaxx

Content Creator
I tried every registering order possible and there is no way to have a staic hair element, even a HAIR_TOP one, over a DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER[_EXTENDED] element. Your suggestion would be relevent if we were talking about 2 layers defined as the same elements (2 DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER for example).
Faceless has given me a lead, using an erase mask in the dynamic ear lock layer's segents, referencing a property located in the static hair one. According to what he told me, he's quite confident it should work.
Your advice to use the earing accessory template is an interresting workaround, however I'm quite reluctant to do it ,as it would be more complicated for people who'd want to use moreclothing, and I'm not sure it would still be possible to use earings along with this hair.
We've been discussing this here if you're interrested :smile:

EDIT: I just made a test to check on Faceless' lead, and see if I could make it work as he instructed me, and it's been successful. So I'm back on business :smile:
Nevertheless, thank you for trying to help SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror :smile:

Last edited:

Jaxx

Content Creator
Rudgar Rudgar ,
no shading, no light, no details (besides a couple of stuff that would have been creepy without).
Just to be sure the shape is ok to you before I work on the details and segmentation.

Sans titre-1.jpg

Rudgar

Content Creator
Rudgar Rudgar ,
no shading, no light, no details (besides a couple of stuff that would have been creepy without).
Just to be sure the shape is ok to you before I work on the details and segmentation.
You made my day today! Thanks! This looks just ... amazaing! Thank you!!! Merci beaucoup! Merci mille fois!

Very respectfully, Rudgar

Jaxx

Content Creator
Do not thank me yet... I still have a lot of things to take care at daytime, and the next two days are the overwatch world cup finals, so I'll still need a few days :grin:

Rudgar

Content Creator
Do not thank me yet... I still have a lot of things to take care at daytime, and the next two days are the overwatch world cup finals, so I'll still need a few days :grin:
Take your time - I', happy to see there's a progress!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Jaxx

Content Creator
Shading and details complete.
I took the liberty to redesign the lights in her hair. Let me know if you like it or if you prefer the original static hair light style.
I googled Takashima Shigure to see the art style and it seemed to me that it was a bit more fitting the character like that, despite I couldn't find a lot of resources, but I'd like your approval before it becomes much more complicated to rework anything. It will not be carved in stone though.
I also slightly reworked the earlock tip I wasn't satisfied with.
As soon as you tell me it's ok with you, I'lll build the dynamic segmentation.

Sans titre-1.jpg

Rudgar

Content Creator
Shading and details complete.
I took the liberty to redesign the lights in her hair. Let me know if you like it or if you prefer the original static hair light style.
I googled Takashima Shigure to see the art style and it seemed to me that it was a bit more fitting the character like that, despite I couldn't find a lot of resources, but I'd like your approval before it becomes much more complicated to rework anything. It will not be carved in stone though.
I also slightly reworked the earlock tip I wasn't satisfied with.
As soon as you tell me it's ok with you, I'lll build the dynamic segmentation.
I love it!! Thanks so far, keep on doing your great work!

Edit: Ummm ... will you remove this pink thing at her forehead, please?

Respectfully, Rudgar

Jaxx

Content Creator
ah, the hair pin, it was part of the character, but I'm gonna do something else, if the layering allow me to, I'll make it as a HAIR_COSTUME item, like that you'll be able to toggle it on/off just by double clicking it. If I can't, I'll just remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.